Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's this in my trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2021 | 01:02 AM

C63S
What's this in my trunk?

Finally got the car over the weekend and found this sitting under trunk. Any idea what the hell it's for or goes to? There's also a round canister that I haven't looked at in detail yet, and a grocery net that's still sealed in the bag.
Old 08-09-2021 | 02:05 AM
Xec

IG: @amg.svr
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
Finally got the car over the weekend and found this sitting under trunk. Any idea what the hell it's for or goes to? There's also a round canister that I haven't looked at in detail yet, and a grocery net that's still sealed in the bag.
Round canister sounds like probably the standard MB ashtray. It's meant to go in the front cupholder
Old 08-09-2021 | 09:32 AM

MY17 C63s Sedan
The round canister is a fix a flat thing. The black cap in your image is a cover cap for the hard plastic trunk liner that is under the trunk carpet liner. The rest of those accessories seems to be for the license plate bracket.
The following users liked this post:
shootermcgav1n (08-10-2021)
Old 08-09-2021 | 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
I can't really tell much from that picture. Is that the canister you are talking about in the shadow? Can you take a better picture? As others have said. There are two canisters. One is the fix-a-flat goo that goes with the tire mobility kit, but it's not supposed to be sitting around loose in the trunk. There's a pouch that velcros to the trunk carpet and contains the compressor that goes with that canister. The canister goes into the same pouch. There's also an ashtray that goes in the cup holder for the smokers. And I'm also guessing that all that loose hardware is probably for the license plate mount or got accidently left in there. Sounds like you have the cargo net, but there should also be a collapsible cargo crate that goes under the trunk floor.

Old 08-09-2021 | 11:33 AM

2021 C63S Coupe
That crate is about useless -- does anyone actually use it? I took me a minute to figure out what it even was when I got the car and there it sits -- likely won't move again in years.
And as others have mentioned above, this is what it should look like on the C63

velcros to the side (bag is fix a flat and 12v air compressor)

under the lid
Old 08-09-2021 | 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by djprov431
That crate is about useless -- does anyone actually use it? I took me a minute to figure out what it even was when I got the car and there it sits -- likely won't move again in years.
And as others have mentioned above, this is what it should look like on the C63

velcros to the side (bag is fix a flat and 12v air compressor)

under the lid
Yes, I've used it. I mostly tie things down with the cargo net, but the crate is useful to avoid crushing fragile items with just the net. You can tie down the crate with the net and keep stuff in there. But yes most of the time it just sits under the floor and it actually rattles a bit.

Another item that I don't know if it's standard is the First Aid kit. It's mandatory in Europe when you do European Delivery so it came with my car, but not sure if it comes with every car and I also received a warning triangle.

Last edited by superswiss; 08-09-2021 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2021 | 05:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Can confirm the first aid kit is standard in Canada and since MB Canada likes to follow MBUSA, it should be standard as well for the US market.
I too use the crate a lot, I find it useful for groceries, it helps make things organized and easier to carry inside the house. Matter of fact, I even purchased an additional one from the dealership for 17 CAD (approx 13.51 USD), I think this is one of the cheapest part that MB offers other than a screw or valve cap. I just toss everything in with or without bags and carry it in. I found it pretty convenient.
Old 08-10-2021 | 10:32 AM

C63S
It did come w/the first aid kit. No crate though. And I do see the tire inflator device which is the round thing I had mentioned previously.

Thanks for the callout on the plastic piece, some of the plastic pieces and 2 of the screws do look like it's for the license plate as it's using some bootleg screws offset and drilled/screwed to the side of the plastic mounting plate.

Also a small bag with black tabs in it, dunno what that goes to. And also have no idea what the hook is for, along w/the other washer and bolt.

Old 08-10-2021 | 11:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by shootermcgav1n
It did come w/the first aid kit. No crate though. And I do see the tire inflator device which is the round thing I had mentioned previously.

Thanks for the callout on the plastic piece, some of the plastic pieces and 2 of the screws do look like it's for the license plate as it's using some bootleg screws offset and drilled/screwed to the side of the plastic mounting plate.

Also a small bag with black tabs in it, dunno what that goes to. And also have no idea what the hook is for, along w/the other washer and bolt.

Interesting, your trunk looks different than mine. You have a place there for the tirekit, but no place for the crate. As mentioned my tirekit is in a pouch that takes up space in the trunk, and the whole left side where your tirekit is has a mold to hold the folded up crate. They must have changed the storage package in the more recent models. I have to admit, this thread made me pull out my crate and actually use it to hold the current loose items I keep in the trunk. I tend to forget that the crate was there and strapped items down with the net, so I decided to keep it in the open, secured by the net so it doesn't slide around and just store it away when I do need to load the trunk with larger items. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier .
Old 08-10-2021 | 12:26 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by superswiss
Interesting, your trunk looks different than mine. You have a place there for the tirekit, but no place for the crate. As mentioned my tirekit is in a pouch that takes up space in the trunk, and the whole left side where your tirekit is has a mold to hold the folded up crate. They must have changed the storage package in the more recent models. I have to admit, this thread made me pull out my crate and actually use it to hold the current loose items I keep in the trunk. I tend to forget that the crate was there and strapped items down with the net, so I decided to keep it in the open, secured by the net so it doesn't slide around and just store it away when I do need to load the trunk with larger items. Not sure why I didn't do this earlier .
Haha you're welcome!
superswiss (08-10-2021)