Sponsored by:

16’ c63s muffler delete

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2021, 12:05 AM

Received 127 Likes on 75 Posts
16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
16’ c63s muffler delete

Thought I’d post up a muffler delete video. This is coming from the amg performance exhaust which has no resonators* stock.

Personally it’s crazy loud for me with a deep tone. Mild drone as well. I’m getting resonators installed to help with the drone and low weird tone that’s constant and bugging me.

revving to 3k*

Hopefully the resonators add some back pressure also. Only other noticeable change would be the downshifts when braking
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0147.MOV (10.64 MB, 197 views)
Old 10-07-2021, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 520 Likes on 352 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Iridium.C63s
Thought I’d post up a muffler delete video. This is coming from the amg performance exhaust which has no resonators* stock.

Personally it’s crazy loud for me with a deep tone. Mild drone as well. I’m getting resonators installed to help with the drone and low weird tone that’s constant and bugging me.

revving to 3k*

Hopefully the resonators add some back pressure also. Only other noticeable change would be the downshifts when braking
Sucks dude it's lost that nice sound. Can you put the old exhaust back by any chance?

Kudos for going all out but if there's any way you can get the AMG Performance Exhaust back in and just do a secondary cat delete I reckon you'll be happier.

If you want loud get a secondary cat delete plus an ASR module/code the flaps to always stay open and that's already too loud for most.

I had the flaps coded to stay "open" with a secondary cat delete (pfl coupe) and this caused drone on highway speeds and interior vibration when all windows were closed so put my flaps back to stock and it's perfect for me now.

AMG Performance Exhaust is such a good system and so much work was done by engineers to make it sound like it does. Keep it!
Old 10-07-2021, 01:32 PM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Sucks dude it's lost that nice sound. Can you put the old exhaust back by any chance?

Kudos for going all out but if there's any way you can get the AMG Performance Exhaust back in and just do a secondary cat delete I reckon you'll be happier.

If you want loud get a secondary cat delete plus an ASR module/code the flaps to always stay open and that's already too loud for most.

I had the flaps coded to stay "open" with a secondary cat delete (pfl coupe) and this caused drone on highway speeds and interior vibration when all windows were closed so put my flaps back to stock and it's perfect for me now.

AMG Performance Exhaust is such a good system and so much work was done by engineers to make it sound like it does. Keep it!
yeah it sucks I agree. Miss that amg sound. Well I just drove to the muffler shop luckily they still had my mufflers going back to stock
Old 10-08-2021, 12:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 520 Likes on 352 Posts
700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Iridium.C63s
yeah it sucks I agree. Miss that amg sound. Well I just drove to the muffler shop luckily they still had my mufflers going back to stock
Lucky 😅
Did they fit it back on mate? All good again?
Old 10-08-2021, 01:24 AM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Jimmy_c63s
Lucky 😅
Did they fit it back on mate? All good again?
well.. I thought I’d give getting resonators installed a chance. Opted for magnaflow resonators: it did lessen the loudness to a something I’m okay with also that amg sound I loved is present on wot. I’ll give it a month and see if I’ll stick to this setup if not I’ll definitely be going back to stock muffler and removing the resonators.
Old 10-11-2021, 09:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bmw M4
Could you send some more videos, flyby or WOT?
'm really debating to do it or not, don't want to lose how refine the amg sound is. Coming from a full straight piped m4 this car is way too quiet imo

Thanks!
Old 10-12-2021, 03:37 AM

16' C63s, 22' RAM 1500
Originally Posted by Tompang
Could you send some more videos, flyby or WOT?
'm really debating to do it or not, don't want to lose how refine the amg sound is. Coming from a full straight piped m4 this car is way too quiet imo

Thanks!
yeah of course man but it won’t be till this weekend? My cars down at the moment but I’ll for sure post some videos up here soon.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:07 AM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
ive had secodary cat delete + AWE Track exhaust for so long now that i do not even remember how different the original exhaust sounded