Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost Key fob?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2021 | 12:43 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Lost Key fob?

Yesterday I lost my key ring and attached was one of my Key Fob. My car is 2019 C63s coupe. Can MB be able to track the location of this Key Fob?
The SA is checking to see if the newer generstion of Key Fob that this is possible.
Replacement is $750.00. I'M Looking into it being covered under my MB Wheel and Tire policy.
thanks.
Old 10-29-2021 | 01:01 PM

c63s
What does a lost key fob have to wheel and tire policy?
$750 is pretty expensive mistake.
Old 10-29-2021 | 01:14 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by mbny1234
What does a lost key fob have to wheel and tire policy?
$750 is pretty expensive mistake.
Some of the MB complete Tire and Wheel polices include lost Key Fob. But now just asking if MB can determine the location of the Key Fob? Hopefully someone here will know.
Old 10-29-2021 | 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
No, the location of the key fob cannot be tracked. They don't have GPS in them, nor do they communicate with any kind of infrastructure that would allow tracking. Unless you had an AirTag or similar on your key ring, it's gone. MB does offer packages to replace lost key fobs, but I don't remember what it was part of. They wanted to sell me all kinds of stuff that I refused. I know this won't help you now, but consider reevaluating your key situation in the future. I've gotten rid of all my other keys. My phone gives me access to my smart home, including my garage and everywhere else such as my gym. In case I don't have my phone on me, either, I can use the keypads on my doors to get into my house. The car key fob stays at home, unless I go somewhere by car and then it never leaves my pocket.

Last edited by superswiss; 10-29-2021 at 01:54 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (10-29-2021)
Old 10-29-2021 | 02:58 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by superswiss
No, the location of the key fob cannot be tracked. They don't have GPS in them, nor do they communicate with any kind of infrastructure that would allow tracking. Unless you had an AirTag or similar on your key ring, it's gone. MB does offer packages to replace lost key fobs, but I don't remember what it was part of. They wanted to sell me all kinds of stuff that I refused. I know this won't help you now, but consider reevaluating your key situation in the future. I've gotten rid of all my other keys. My phone gives me access to my smart home, including my garage and everywhere else such as my gym. In case I don't have my phone on me, either, I can use the keypads on my doors to get into my house. The car key fob stays at home, unless I go somewhere by car and then it never leaves my pocket.
Thank You. The SA advised to email him copy of my registration and Drivers license for Key Fob replacement .I have a Service appt. next week for my decision to do a 5,000 mile oil change and a minor front passenger side rattle.
Hopefully during the Service visit I able to get the new Key Fob fully programed
Also just revieved from SA a MB Extended Warranty program for 1 year, 2 years and 3 years cost. This is after the 4 year/50,000 miles Warranty ends.
I will post the details and cost of each program as soon as I am completed with now awaiting Super or locksmith to get into my co-op.
Old 10-30-2021 | 12:26 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
I am not familiar if the new Key Fob that needs to be ordered by MB will sync or be programmed extactly to the one I currently have now? I emailed my Driver License and registration to my SA and awaiting his reply.
To add to my situation I believe I had both Emergency Keys on the lost key ring along with one of my Key Fob. The other Key Fob without the Emergency Key luckly was secured and kept at my monthly garage.
So it looks like I will need a new Key Fob with attached Emergency Key and just another Emergency Key for the existing Key Fob?
To add to this my Glove box is locked and believe the only way to open is with the Emergency key or bring it to MB Dealership Master key?
Never thought I could lost my key ring but I did.
Old 10-30-2021 | 01:02 PM

c63s
Maybe you can try retracing your steps. Did you check your coat pocket?
Old 10-30-2021 | 02:03 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by mbny1234
Maybe you can try retracing your steps. Did you check your coat pocket?
Yes. I did all those steps plus many more. I went into Police Pct 2x to see if they were turned in. Craigslist post with $300.00 reward no question, called most business along my route, will ask and will request Garage manager on monday to view video for Thursday afternoon if they fell from my pockets just outside the garage. A touchy situation as I do not want them to feel I don't trust them. I do trust them.
Feel like they are gone but going to cover all bases.
Old 10-30-2021 | 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by jj18
I am not familiar if the new Key Fob that needs to be ordered by MB will sync or be programmed extactly to the one I currently have now? I emailed my Driver License and registration to my SA and awaiting his reply.
To add to my situation I believe I had both Emergency Keys on the lost key ring along with one of my Key Fob. The other Key Fob without the Emergency Key luckly was secured and kept at my monthly garage.
So it looks like I will need a new Key Fob with attached Emergency Key and just another Emergency Key for the existing Key Fob?
To add to this my Glove box is locked and believe the only way to open is with the Emergency key or bring it to MB Dealership Master key?
Never thought I could lost my key ring but I did.
It's gonna be a completely new key fob that has to be paired to the car, and the one you lost has to be removed so it's no longer authorized. They will need your other fob, so they can program everything. I'm not sure if they can order just the metal key for your other fob. It has to be cut to your car's lock. Technically any Locksmith should be able to do that if they have a blank, though. Yes, you need the metal key if you locked your glove box.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (10-30-2021)
Old 10-30-2021 | 05:38 PM

2019 C63S Coupe
It's gonna be a completely new key fob that has to be paired to the car, and the one you lost has to be removed so it's no longer authorized. They will need your other fob, so they can program everything. I'm not sure if they can order just the metal key for your other fob. It has to be cut to your car's lock. Technically any Locksmith should be able to do that if they have a blank, though. Yes, you need the metal key if you locked your glove box.
Yes. The SA just responded stating: A new key fob will be programed and all Smart Key functions will be synced.
The new Fob with a new blade which is cut based on my VIN # which will open my glove box.
He stated he can order it this Monday and it will be ready when I bring the car in Saturday for oil change and a rattle.
I guess they will know how to reprogram my current Fob and determine how to order a new Emergency Key aka the Blade.
I had called the Dealership main Service number and the first appt. for a loaner was nov.30. I called my regular SA and he was able to get me in next Saturday with a loaner. He said this long delay was based on back orders on certain parts. For example, rotors that would be able to get the next day now it could take a week(s). If other Dealerships have in stock they are not willing to give them up as in the past. This was just one of many examples he cited regarding parts.