Sponsored by:

2015 C63s too old for Mercedes me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2021 | 07:43 PM

2016 C63s Edition 1
2015 C63s too old for Mercedes me

Hello,
I’ve had my car for over a year now. It is a 2015 edition 1. After I bought the car I found out about Mercedes’ me and using it for remote start. Well the app never would accept my vin. I’ve called the support number to having the dealership update the software. End of story is they told me 2015 is the only year they don’t offer the Mercedes’ me anymore. That I have to buy a 2017. If the app support can’t help me out and the dealership can’t figure this out then Is this true???
Old 12-22-2021 | 08:45 PM

2018 C63s
*****Dunno if it is true or not but I have a 2018, pretty much loaded (I'm the second owner), and bought 4 years of the Mercedes Me thing, and other than telling me I have XX number of miles to go until my car runs out of gas I can't get most of the features to work. Lock/Unlock, Remote Start, Location, etc.. It doesn't work for me. I'll be asking for a refund in my case as it seems like a waste of money to me at this point. I've been "verified" as the new owner, so it does know I am the new owner, but other than cashing my checks, it basically does not work for me.

Perhaps others have better experiences but I am not impressed and would rather use the money I spent on that service for other stuff with tangible benefits like hookers, video games, Beanie Babies, a Ukrainian bride or whatever... etc..

Old 12-22-2021 | 08:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by bpat1017
Hello,
I’ve had my car for over a year now. It is a 2015 edition 1. After I bought the car I found out about Mercedes’ me and using it for remote start. Well the app never would accept my vin. I’ve called the support number to having the dealership update the software. End of story is they told me 2015 is the only year they don’t offer the Mercedes’ me anymore. That I have to buy a 2017. If the app support can’t help me out and the dealership can’t figure this out then Is this true???
Your vehicle probably has mbrace if you are in USA, if so use mbrace2 instead. https://www.mbusa.com/en/mbrace2

Originally Posted by MaxVO2
*****Dunno if it is true or not but I have a 2018, pretty much loaded (I'm the second owner), and bought 4 years of the Mercedes Me thing, and other than telling me I have XX number of miles to go until my car runs out of gas I can't get most of the features to work. Lock/Unlock, Remote Start, Location, etc.. It doesn't work for me. I'll be asking for a refund in my case as it seems like a waste of money to me at this point. I've been "verified" as the new owner, so it does know I am the new owner, but other than cashing my checks, it basically does not work for me.

Perhaps others have better experiences but I am not impressed and would rather use the money I spent on that service for other stuff with tangible benefits like hookers, video games, Beanie Babies, a Ukrainian bride or whatever... etc..
Mercedes Me is glitchy a times but when it actually works, it is actually pretty nice to have. Send destinations to the vehicle (in case you don't use Google Maps or Waze), remote start/stop, lock and unlock doors like you said it can also check status of windows, geofence, valet protect, flash lights and sound the horn, locate vehicle, set some of the vehicle settings (vehicle, ambient light, display style), tire pressure, service interval (book service within app), purchase new features/services or enable and disable features for both COMAND or MBUX vehicles, add a new user to the profile, fuel level, trip meter, odometer. If Mercedes Me is constantly not working for you then I suggest having a dealership reset the account and link it again.

Last edited by W205C43PFL; 12-22-2021 at 09:06 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (12-23-2021)
Old 12-22-2021 | 10:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
Originally Posted by bpat1017
Hello,
This might help

Old 12-23-2021 | 03:05 AM

C63 w205
I have a 2015 65 plate and I have the app. I have registered and meecde me customer service told me it'll take 5 days to activate after registration but it hasn't. They said they have some technical issues. My 2015 mercedes also had mercedes me app and it worked.
Old 12-23-2021 | 12:18 PM

2015 C63S Edition 1
Originally Posted by MaxVO2

I also have a 2015. Apparently it’s the only year of the W205 line that uses the “old” Mercedes me platform and the functionality is limited compared to newer models. For example, I can locate my vehicle and lock/unlock it, but it doesn’t have remote start.

It took a while for me to get the service set up. I had to call Mercedes a couple of times and it was a bit of a headache, but it has been working fine since they activated it.
Old 12-23-2021 | 04:43 PM

C8, FF, C63S, 911 C4S, GTI, E350, Boxster S, 355, Esprit S4, Vantage, S5, Z4, M3, Miata, A4, 325is
Originally Posted by ThePayola
I also have a 2015. Apparently it’s the only year of the W205 line that uses the “old” Mercedes me platform and the functionality is limited compared to newer models. For example, I can locate my vehicle and lock/unlock it, but it doesn’t have remote start.

It took a while for me to get the service set up. I had to call Mercedes a couple of times and it was a bit of a headache, but it has been working fine since they activated it.
Same for my 1st Edition 2015 C63S
Old 12-27-2021 | 01:22 PM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

2013 SL550, 2016 GLE350, 2016 GLC300
If any of you 2015 owners are specifically looking for a remote starter option, we make the best option out there. Dont' take our word for it though, check out our reviews online or on this forum.
Here's a link to the solution: https://www.midcityengineering.com/p...x205-sksng205/
Old 12-29-2021 | 08:18 PM

C63S
Originally Posted by ThePayola

most def a pain 🙄