Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 2023 C63S Just Ordered!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2022 | 05:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I'm not sure if the new C63S is going to be as well thought of as the current generation. The 4-banger is a huge turn off for a lot of us. No way I buy a W214 E63 with a poor cylinder

Even the techs at my local dealership were ragging on the decision yesterday as they rebuilt an M177.
The following users liked this post:
Pretty Jacked (06-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2022 | 06:25 PM

2023 C63S, 2004 Maserati GT Coupe, Alpha Romeo Stelvio
The techs at the dealership don’t make decisions that don’t involve a hand tool. Those decisions are made by High Performance Engineering teams that work within the context of a global corporate strategy for the AMG brand.

A lot of fighter pilots were pissed off that the F35 was replacing the F16. They said it was too complex to fly and maintain and wouldn’t have the agility And maneuverability of the F16. Many thought it would actually be a slower plane and would be outclassed by Russian and Chinese fighters.

Fortunately fighter pilots, like mechanics, don’t make engineering decisions.
Old 06-11-2022 | 11:29 PM

2007 E350
Originally Posted by Pretty Jacked
The techs at the dealership don’t make decisions that don’t involve a hand tool. Those decisions are made by High Performance Engineering teams that work within the context of a global corporate strategy for the AMG brand.

A lot of fighter pilots were pissed off that the F35 was replacing the F16. They said it was too complex to fly and maintain and wouldn’t have the agility And maneuverability of the F16. Many thought it would actually be a slower plane and would be outclassed by Russian and Chinese fighters.

Fortunately fighter pilots, like mechanics, don’t make engineering decisions.
Amg made this decision due to strict EU carbon emission regulations. If regulations stay the same when the w205 c63s came out in 2015 then the w206 c63 would have kept this engine. Adding all these hybrids system put more weigh, complexity & there’s no hiding that. Now i’m not saying this will be a downgrade from the w205. In some aspect such as sound it’s 100% a downgrade. I don’t blame Mercedes for making the decision to axe to v8 as EU regulations on carbon emissions are far too strict. I’m sure this will accelerate better versus our w205 with its 4 matic. But I will never consider this a c63 but something else entirely different. The w204 & w205 will always have a special place in my heart and many others. Would I replace my current c63 coupe for the w206? Never. But I would buy it as my 4th car.
The following 4 users liked this post by koifysh:
Cylinder Head (06-12-2022), MaxVO2 (06-12-2022), Solo wing (06-15-2022), ZZ33 (06-12-2022)
Old 06-11-2022 | 11:50 PM
Xec

IG: @amg.svr
I'll just leave this video here lol

I'm sure it'll be fast in a straight line but if that's all I cared about I'd get a Plaid and call it a day
The following 2 users liked this post by Xec:
Solo wing (06-15-2022), ZZ33 (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022 | 12:22 AM

GLE63s C63s S560
4 cyclinder..... no thanks Jeff
Old 06-12-2022 | 12:27 AM

I, and thousands of others, said the same about the end of the air cooled 911.

I don’t need to explain the incredibly rich history of the Porsche 911 since 1989…

Old 06-12-2022 | 12:28 AM

Sorry, 1997
Old 06-12-2022 | 01:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S, ‘16 CLS63 RIP, '09 E63 Gone, '06 M5 Gone, '97 Supra TT Gone
I, and thousands of others, said the same about the end of the air cooled 911.

I don’t need to explain the incredibly rich history of the Porsche 911 since 1989…
This example underscores your complete lack of understanding as to why the decision was made to go with a four cylinder.
places (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022 | 04:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

700HP Facelift converted PFL C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Xec

I'm sure it'll be fast in a straight line but if that's all I cared about I'd get a Plaid and call it a day
Hahahaha close your eyes and it sounds like a Polo gt sport
Old 06-12-2022 | 06:10 AM

Really?

Actually I have a very comprehensive understanding of why the company decided to proceed in the direction it has. If you have an understanding of the escalating pressure on car manufacturers to collectively reduce carbon emissions you will also understand that the decision was made for the survival of the AMG brand, and Mercedes itself, under ever increasing emissions restrictions.

The very idea of a non hybrid V8 is 5-6 years past it’s prime as a sustainable engine model under this continuously escalating regulatory environment.

And all should bear in mind that, outside of the US, this environmental embrace has absolutely overwhelming public support in Mercedes’ key markets…
Absolute and unequivocal support!

Mercedes had to embrace this change to hybrid or die a slow death under changing, albeit slowly, AMG customer demand and regulatory aggression for lack of a better word.

Porsche too made the change to survive and exist in a world where single car brands, despite the incredible affection of dedicated enthusiasts, had to go water cooled in a changing “technological” and investment environment. It was a technological arms race with BMW, Mercedes, Nissan etc. that were outspending Porsche 10-1 in new car development and they could go no further under the single vehicle, air cooled model. Porsche would have shrivelled and died had they not done so. Like AMG, Porsche made an intensely controversial, highly deliberated change to survive expand the vehicle lineup and survive! To SURVIVE!

Did they have 911 fanatics who swore off the brand and promise never to buy another? of course. But they also grew from a small, one vehicle, race centric manufacturer to a massive industry powerhouse with an expansive line up and 50 times the number of global enthusiasts in doing so.

In the end I’ll miss the V8 as well. It is the number 1 reason I have always admired and coveted the C63S and would have bought one if not for my need for an all year vehicle. I have a 70,000 K 04 Maserati GT Coupe as my summer toy. I can’t have 2 at this stage of my life.

BUT the change was made to ensure the survival and continuation of the AMG brand as a commercially viable performance division, in a progressively restrictive Climate of emissions reduction.

It was never an expedient, cost driven and thoughtless decision to simply end the V8 in production vehicles as some seem to think.

It is a change or die equation. Change or the AMG brand ceases to exist.

I love the AMG badge and all it entails. I love the roar of the C63 V8 and all Performance V8s for that matter… But I also know that car enthusiasts will need to embrace the future or they will be chained to a past that will never exist again.

I trust that AMG will be the unchallenged performance leader in this immensely controversial but necessary and consumer demanded directional change.

Old 06-12-2022 | 06:27 AM

2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Xec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ture=emb_title

Yup sounds like a VAG or dyson lol
Old 06-12-2022 | 06:32 AM

For anyone that is interested this is my my 70K 04 Maserati GT Coupe. A Ferrari V8 engine!

I bought it off a kid in Toronto who inherited from his retired father from Scottsdale and really had no idea what to with it. Never seen a rain drop in its entire life. Not a drop.

An under appreciated but brilliant for its time, limited production run,

normally aspirated Ferrari V8 vehicle that gets head snapping looks that few others do. Even sports car enthusiasts know nothing about it.

It was the wrong car for the economic environment it was launched in. But it is a mother F’n riot to unleash.

You’ll never see another one in my neck of the woods.
Old 06-12-2022 | 06:33 AM

C63 S Coupe
Originally Posted by Xec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...ture=emb_title

What shiit sounding thing..... sounds like a muffled a45 s with it's little 4 cyl DSG burp as it took off. Damn....

Maybe they'll play a better sound inside the cabin though 😂

Really?

Actually I have a very comprehensive understanding of why the company decided to proceed in the direction it has.
Sad part of it is they've ruined the heritage of the c63. It doesn't matter what the explanation is whether it's environmental or some other liberal reason.

But that's okay..... congratulations for your future car and all and hope you have no regrets.
Solo wing (06-15-2022)
Old 06-12-2022 | 06:45 AM

As you’ll see with my summer car, I’m no tree hugger man!

I am too old to have any influence on the future of automotive development. I’m a born a bred V8 guy…340 Cuda, 289 Mustang Fastback, 396 SS Chevelle. You name it I’ve owned it.

But this is the reality of a guy my age.

It’s HP for me now until they take that away, and they likely will.
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:01 AM

I do have one other V8 GEM that my brother looks after got me as I only have a single car garage built for a Ford Model T.

I don’t have any pics, as I haven’t had the car for years, but I own a 2001 25K SVT Cobra Convertible sitting in heated storage at my brother’s place in Buffalo.

I bought it from the original owner. He had It Aftermarket factory blown by Ford Racing. Dyno’d at about 525HP.

My brother drives it but I haven’t driven it in years.

He is holding on to it until my son is responsible enough to handle it. Although he does seem to think he’s getting it for his 16th birthday.
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:29 AM

2018 C63s
As you’ll see with my summer car, I’m no tree hugger man!

I am too old to have any influence on the future of automotive development. I’m a born a bred V8 guy…340 Cuda, 289 Mustang Fastback, 396 SS Chevelle. You name it I’ve owned it.

But this is the reality of a guy my age.

It’s HP for me now until they take that away, and they likely will.
*****OMG, that Maserati is so cool! I heard about this dude that had a Maserati that did 185, he lost his license and now he don't drive!!!!
Kinda guessing ya don't drive it much as there are rags in the tailpipe, presumably to keep rodents from building nests in there!!!

As a former owner of several Maserati's and now a nice C63s with the manly V8, I can assure you that rodents will not nest in either of those cars tail pipes, no matter how long you don't drive those cars!

Why? Because both of those cars have P*ssy magnets that keep rats and other rodents away!

2006 Maserati GranSport. Not very fast, but a nice driver for its day. Hot blonde woman passenger option not shown in pic, but available at extra cost. Truthfully, it cost me more to make her go away than the option itself, or the cost of the car...
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:35 AM

XEC,

Do you actually think Mercedes’ was test driving the C63 with the performance exhaust ON at the Nurburgring trials???

Dude, that was the comfort mode exhaust you heard.

I can’t believe people think they have laid all their cards on the table for their camouflaged trial runs.

Seriously man, you ain’t seen nothing yet!

Will it emulate the c63 V8? Absolutely not, but I guarantee it will sound like hell’s gates opened up when you hit your AMG button!

Guaranteed…
Old 06-12-2022 | 07:45 AM

Actually I can’t really drive the Maserati at the moment.
At be least I can’t park it anywhere…

the metal gear that drives the driver’s window is broken and I cannot locate the part to repair it anywhere on the planet.

It is stuck in the down position so I can drive it but I can’t park and leave it anywhere. I am going to have Maserati spec the part for me and have it custom made at a machine shop.

Other than that in the decade I have owned it my only expense has been scheduled maintenance and tires.

And yes, the metal wool in the exhaust is for mice. It’s metal wool, mint scented mothballs and fabric softener sheets that keep her safe from them in the winter.

it is a surprisingly inexpensive car to maintain, although I only drive it 10-15 times a summer.
Old 06-12-2022 | 08:41 AM

And for Alexa,

Are you a BMW plant?

You have nothing but negative comments about AMG's directional change...Nothing Positive!

I have owned or been an investor in 106 classic and modern performance cars since I was 17 years old, starting with an 84 Shelby Charger when I was 17, that I paid for pumping gas on the midnight shift. I've owned everything from a Blown 32 Ford Deuce Coupe to the new AMG C63S and every high performance and muscle car short of a Lambo in between.

I might be a new poster, but don't think for a second that you know more than me about high performance sports and muscle cars, and how to buy or invest in them. I can assure you that you are not even in the same Zip code when it comes to high performance vehicles!

Old 06-12-2022 | 09:06 AM

Sorry Alexa,

1985 Shelby Charger…, It’s early here.
Old 06-12-2022 | 09:31 AM

C63 S Coupe
Deary me

Originally Posted by Xec

Watching it again with earphones on for some hope and this is just so fu*king disappointing. Comfort mode or not it'll still sound the same just LOUDER with 4 cyl crackles and whatever 🤮 .......

RIP C63 you were a beast.

And hoping the w207 will sound something better
Jimmy_c63s (06-12-2022)
Old 06-12-2022 | 10:14 AM

Dreary Me,

I don’t know if you have ever been involved in modern corporate strategy development but it’s a “Change or Die” decision making environment that we are living in.

It was a binary decision on behalf of AMG.

They chose not to die on the hill of the wonderful V8. Despite and fully cognizant of the anticipated reaction of their diehard C63 enthusiasts.

The boiled down decision is that simple in its essence man…
Old 06-12-2022 | 10:26 AM

Alexa,

At the risk of sounding like a douche bag I am ordering a second C63S for my baby brother tomorrow.

He’s a huge AMG C63 guy as well but he is a hard *** roughneck that runs a drilling rig in the Alberta oil patch and would never think of buying one for himself.

I’ll get him in early on the waiting list and deliver it for his 50th in May of next year.

I’ll have a theoretical conversation with him and spec it out based on our discussion.

Pete
Old 06-12-2022 | 10:31 AM

I actually ordered it yesterday Alexa but my AMG shop can’t get it in their ordering system until Monday.

Below is the proof if you are so inclined to require it…
Old 06-12-2022 | 11:40 AM

2021 AMG C63S Coupe
I actually ordered it yesterday Alexa but my AMG shop can’t get it in their ordering system until Monday.

Below is the proof if you are so inclined to require it…

Are you sure this isn't just a promise / commitment to order once ordering opens up? I haven't seen a Dealer Ordering Guide (DOG) anywhere, and it seems a little early to order a car that hasn't been officially announced (only the w206 C43 has been announced). I did see that the C205 C63s Coupe is coming back for 2023 and the ordering guide was just released a few weeks ago. Regardless, congrats on securing a spot!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New 2023 C63S Just Ordered!