Highflow catted downpipes and NOVA smog/emissions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 AMG C63S Cabriolet
Question Highflow catted downpipes and NOVA smog/emissions

Good Morning,

I ordered the stage 2 tune from EuroCharged because I plan on getting downpipes in the near future. I will run stage 1 in the meantime, however, in my planning I did not really think about how wild NOVA is with emissions/smog testing. I'm planning on ordering the GESI GEN2 UHO+ 400cpsi 5 Highflow cated downpipes from Redstar Exhaust which seem like the only viable method to pass the road side sniffers. I've scowered the forums and interwebz for answers but haven't really came to a solid conclusion. I'm hoping someone lives around here (NOVA) and has highflow cats and can tell me if they passed or what they had to do etc. I just passed the emissions test since im still all stock, so from what i understand im good for another 2 years (unless I fail their roadside testers) Thank you in advance!

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Old 07-14-2022, 03:22 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2017 C63S
Originally Posted by blackwat3r
Good Morning,

I ordered the stage 2 tune from EuroCharged because I plan on getting downpipes in the near future. I will run stage 1 in the meantime, however, in my planning I did not really think about how wild NOVA is with emissions/smog testing. I'm planning on ordering the GESI GEN2 UHO+ 400cpsi 5 Highflow cated downpipes from Redstar Exhaust which seem like the only viable method to pass the road side sniffers. I've scowered the forums and interwebz for answers but haven't really came to a solid conclusion. I'm hoping someone lives around here (NOVA) and has highflow cats and can tell me if they passed or what they had to do etc. I just passed the emissions test since im still all stock, so from what i understand im good for another 2 years (unless I fail their roadside testers) Thank you in advance!

2017 C63s Cabriolet
Irony......I came on here because I live in NoVA and have a EC Stage 1 now, wanting to do DP/Stage 2........I was going to post a thread about best downpipes but maybe you answered my question. Gonna go get a fresh emissions before I install/tune again.

Last edited by red60R; 07-14-2022 at 03:32 PM. Reason: typo