C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Product: Center heat shield... improved aesthetics and airflow!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 02:58 PM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
New Product: Center heat shield... improved aesthetics and airflow!

Introductory sale: https://modalwork.com/products/m177-engine-cover

Check out our latest engine bay dress-up item, the center turbo heat shield. We opted for a 2-piece design with a removeable insert that allows us to actually increase airflow through the heat shield. This will aid in improved cooling by assisting in heat evacuation beyond the turbos and down the backside of the engine

https://modalwork.com/products/m177-engine-cover

Last edited by ModalWorks; 08-06-2022 at 03:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jimmy_c63s (08-10-2022)
Old 08-06-2022, 01:12 PM

Received 385 Likes on 246 Posts
How about producing some data from an instrumented vehicle, with OEM vs your shield ... substantiate your claims with properly collected and documented data, please (then they become something other than "wild marketing claims."
///Bruce (08-09-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 05:38 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by user33
How about producing some data from an instrumented vehicle, with OEM vs your shield ... substantiate your claims with properly collected and documented data, please (then they become something other than "wild marketing claims."
While I do tend to agree they did say that it's primarily an engine bay dress up item
Old 08-07-2022, 04:14 PM

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
C63s
I tend to agree too. There's no need to bash. A company trying to sell you something is gonna try to use fancy words and twist some claims. That's marketing.
It's obvious what the item is and people who like the look will get it.
I've bought a few lingerie items online also for the wife, but they usually look better on the photoshopped models on the website than they do on my wife, and no matter even if they enhanced her look, she always ends up not using them and keeps her stock look.
The following 2 users liked this post by mars c63s:
'1663s (08-08-2022), Omega4 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 10:30 PM

Received 134 Likes on 94 Posts
2018 C63s
Originally Posted by mars c63s
I tend to agree too. There's no need to bash. A company trying to sell you something is gonna try to use fancy words and twist some claims. That's marketing.
I've bought a few lingerie items online also for the wife, but they usually look better on the photoshopped models on the website than they do on my wife, and no matter even if they enhanced her look, she always ends up not using them and keeps her stock look.
*****I only buy the fancy lingerie for the girlfriend and not the wife. Nothing wrong with the stock look as long as the sandwiches she makes are good, but sometimes you wanna dress it up a bit like new wheels on the C63s, or an updated grille, a sweet heat shield, or whatever. Fancy lingerie on the wife is probably not gonna make her look all that different, just like a sweet looking heat shield on your beater car won't look as nice as the one you install on your nicer mebbe newer model car.

That heat shield seems cheaper in the long run than an hour of a good divorce attorneys time, quite honestly. You can't really put a price on a good sandwich lovingly prepared by your wife in her usual old sweat pants, old t-shirt that mostly kind of hides the stretch marks, and flip flops versus a sandwich you buy in the clearance section at the gas station, next to the gas station sushi, on your way to your divorce flat with past rent due, nothing in the fridge, and a bare mattress on the floor with no sheets that you sleep on after your wife finds out you're buying lingerie for the girlfriend... and she gets the house, the kids, your nice car, and a big portion of every pay check you earn all because you didn't just buy the heat shield and instead bought lingerie purportedly for the wife, but oddly purchased in your size... and you look *terrible* in it!!!!
The following 2 users liked this post by MaxVO2:
'1663s (08-08-2022), Omega4 (08-09-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 01:57 AM

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
C63s
damn, you speak from experience.

Going out and throwing the man-sized lingerie, before I lose the car!
Old 08-09-2022, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 291 Likes on 200 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
Originally Posted by mars c63s
No data to back up their primary claim of cooling the engine? No. No way. Not happening. Never.

How bout some FACT CHECKING here, OP?
Old 08-09-2022, 04:09 PM
SPONSOR

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts
W205 C63
This thread has really gone all over the place lol.

We logged the product a few weeks back and it showed modest improvements. This product is first and foremost an aesthetic dress-up item. We speculated that changing the air inlet shape could have a positive effect, which is shown in the data below. We honestly didn't think people would be interested in this, considering so many vendors post products with no data backing up their claims

Test details and results are as follows:
1 OEM vs MW units done on the same day, same ambient temp within 1°F. 1.5 hour cool-down period between runs with the hood open. Ambient temperature during the testing was 93-94°F.
2. The vehicle was logged for 15 minutes on each run, and was driven around the same "circuit" as a preconditioning exercise. Vehicle speed was kept as similar as possible prior to entering the "data collection zone".
3. The analyzed data was recording on a specific section of road that was logged for ~200seconds at 65mph continuous speed. The graph below shows the data starting from a standstill then gradually accelerating up to steady state speed. Data was averaged after cruising at 65mph for 30 seconds.
4. Measurement locations were at the Front (just in front of the intercooler reservoir cap), Back (above the heat shield near the fire wall), Pass (between the HPFP and cone filter), and Driver (between HPFP and cone filter)

Results:

Jimmy_c63s (08-10-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 11:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 291 Likes on 200 Posts
2020 AMG GTC Coupe & 2018 Macan Turbo
K
Old 08-10-2022, 01:41 PM

Received 385 Likes on 246 Posts
Good to see. That makes things quite clear _and_ moves y'all up a notch in credibility ... and that's a notch above others who don't show data. $;-))