C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race gass!! Engine more smoother, more linear, more powerrrr!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 09:11 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts
2007 E350
Race gass!! Engine more smoother, more linear, more powerrrr!!

Hey fam! Anyone in south east florida know a gas station with race gas at the pump? I found one but they only have 100 octane. For y’all located in south fl. Do you mind sharing some more with me?
Old 12-01-2022, 09:16 AM

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts
W205 C63 AMG Coupe
What part of SE Florida are you in? I'm in Miami and only aware of stations with E85.
Old 12-01-2022, 10:16 AM

Received 106 Likes on 74 Posts
2007 E350
Originally Posted by SJGetsome
What part of SE Florida are you in? I'm in Miami and only aware of stations with E85.

im in boca raton. I found one sunoco in west palm beach with 260gt 100 octane. Im trying to find 104 octane at the pump
Old 12-02-2022, 01:46 AM

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts
W205 C63 AMG Coupe
I doubt you'll find that at a pump, but you can probably find a distributor and order cans of it.
Old 12-03-2022, 12:33 PM

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts
2018 C63s
*****I guess we are lucky. Several of our gas stations here in our area, mostly near race tracks sell 5 gallon cans of 100 and 104 unleaded as well as methanol. We also have a relatively close by station that sells it at the pump as well (Sunoco), but you need to fill an approved container (I think..) vs just pumping it directly into your car. I buy the cans sometimes for my race car, and have dumped a few gallons in the Benz before to play with tunes and do dyno work testing with my upgraded turbos, etc.. If the tune is written to handle the extra octane by increasing boost with proper AFR the car is just monstrous and will roast the tires off the rim if you let it even from a roll, with the traction control mitigated. I guess it's cheap fun until you break something, then it is just gets really expensive.

I was surprised at how cheap the stuff is (if you bring your own container..) now that gas prices are so high in general.. It's more than premium unleaded, but not that much more as it used to be. Screenshot below. I pay about $5.50 a gallon for premium fuel here in my area so it's not like the race gas is that much more compared to the olden days when gas was under $2 a gallon and we were paying $5-$6 a gallon for race gas then (Cam 2 leaded..).

There is also still I think Torco and VP Race fuels sold, but I am not sure about the octane on those brands as we don't have a local supply for them like we do from Sunoco. Sunoco is big around here.

Pollito Loco, the restaurant is also pretty good eating after you buy your race gas... It's right next door to the station that sells the fuel. Fast fuel, but not so fast and crazy good food! Win/Win.