Turn of naviagation completely

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2024, 05:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 C63s Coupe
Turn of naviagation completely

Car: FL coupe

Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off the navigation completely? My infotainment system is often pretty laggy and I suspect it's because the system itself doesn't have enough RAM to go around. Someone in the Civic Type R forums mentioned that if the navigation is turned off, it frees up a lot of RAM and fixed their screen's lagging issue.

So far I haven't found any way to turn off the navigation completely, no luck finding anything regarding this in the owner's manual either. Any tips or tricks are welcomed, thank you.
Old 05-15-2024, 06:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,944 Likes on 2,632 Posts
2019 C63CS
No, navigation can't be turned off as far as I know. Somebody like BenzNinja may be able to code it out, but not sure. Laggy in what sense? I have a FL coupe as well. The system takes some time to fully boot up, so initial switching of screens has a bit of a delay while it loads that area of the system. Mine always boots pretty much straight into navigation as I always have the map up. I rarely fiddle around with the Infotainment system, though. What are you doing that you find laggy? I listen to the radio most of the time and that starts playing pretty much right away. Bluetooth connects quickly and if I actually navigate somewhere I send the destination from my phone, which pops up shortly after all the connections have been established. By the time the idle rpm drops after a cold start, everything is pretty much ready. It's not modern smartphone fast and responsive, but to my question above, what are you actually doing with the Infotainment on a regular basis? I find myself rarely interacting with it much and if I do, it's plenty responsive.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-15-2024 at 06:40 PM.