Sponsored by:

What would you replace your W205 with?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C63S sedan
What would you replace your W205 with?

3 years into ownership of my C63S sedan and I’m starting to get the itch for the next thing. With two small kids, 4 doors is a must. Manual transmission is my first choice but open to auto if rest of the driving experience makes up for most of it. CT5V Blackwing has my attention currently… Don’t love the looks or the exhaust note of the M3. Maybe a lightly used F90 competition. Curious to hear what you’d consider as the next thing if you had to stick with a sedan.
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM

Received 62 Likes on 49 Posts
c63s
As much as I love my C63, I’ve had it for 6 years and think it’s time to move on. I been eyeing GT63s 4 door as the prices have come down quite a bit. I want it with the Aero dynamics package with the fixed wing because it looks so much better than than deployable standard wing.
GTR would be nice but not great for everyday driving.
Old Today, 04:08 AM

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
2021 AMG C63S, 2022 AMG GLC 43
My C63S is not my daily. I have a 2022 Ram 1500 for that, and my wife's AMG GLC43 coupe for the daily duties. So these are what I might consider:

AMG GT Coupe - first choice
AMG CLE - If they bring it out in a V8 thats over 500 huuurspers. Up the list if it happens.
BMW M8 - Almost pulled the trigger 8 months ago on one. Couldn't get the dealer to the number I wanted
BMW M5 - Can't explain it... just a good all around V8 car with a killer exhaust note
Porsche 911 variant - Car before my C63 was a 718 GTS. I was going to get a 911 4S but the dealer had such a great deal on the 718 I couldn't pass it up.
Old Today, 01:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
My C63S coupe is also not my daily as I don't drive on most days, and for errands around town that are not walking distance, I tend to use my wife's hatchback as it's just more livable, easier to park and zip around. The C63 is a great grand tourer, canyon carver and highway cruiser, so I reserve it for that mostly and that keeps it special. City driving isn't really its forte. I'm not into sedans, but if I had a need for a 4-door, the GT 4-door would be high up on my list. Perhaps not the GT63 as a family car with small kids, but a more livable GT43 or GT53 perhaps. If I had small kids and needed to load all the crap that goes along with that, the Audi RS6 wagon would be something to look at. Frankly looks better than any AMG wagon ever did and has all the practicality that you need w/o being an SUV with unnecessary high center of gravity. Audis are also more livable for daily driving. Having said that, though, a nice car with kids doesn't really go hand in hand. They'll end up spilling everything they can in the car and put shoe prints and dirt all over. I'd probably look into something like an Audi Allroad or something else more rugged and less luxurious. Definitely not something with Nappa leather seats.

Last edited by superswiss; Today at 01:23 PM.
Old Today, 03:24 PM

C63S sedan
Originally Posted by mbny1234
As much as I love my C63, I’ve had it for 6 years and think it’s time to move on. I been eyeing GT63s 4 door as the prices have come down quite a bit. I want it with the Aero dynamics package with the fixed wing because it looks so much better than than deployable standard wing.
GTR would be nice but not great for everyday driving.
Good call on the GT 4door. Will add it to the list.
Old Today, 03:27 PM

C63S sedan
Originally Posted by hyphen79
My C63S is not my daily. I have a 2022 Ram 1500 for that, and my wife's AMG GLC43 coupe for the daily duties. So these are what I might consider:

AMG GT Coupe - first choice
AMG CLE - If they bring it out in a V8 thats over 500 huuurspers. Up the list if it happens.
BMW M8 - Almost pulled the trigger 8 months ago on one. Couldn't get the dealer to the number I wanted
BMW M5 - Can't explain it... just a good all around V8 car with a killer exhaust note
Porsche 911 variant - Car before my C63 was a 718 GTS. I was going to get a 911 4S but the dealer had such a great deal on the 718 I couldn't pass it up.
M8 GC is gorgeous but back seats are tiny for my purposes. 911 will be next next one for me. Once kids are at booster seat age, I'll pull the trigger.
Old Today, 03:35 PM

C63S sedan
Originally Posted by superswiss
My C63S coupe is also not my daily as I don't drive on most days, and for errands around town that are not walking distance, I tend to use my wife's hatchback as it's just more livable, easier to park and zip around. The C63 is a great grand tourer, canyon carver and highway cruiser, so I reserve it for that mostly and that keeps it special. City driving isn't really its forte. I'm not into sedans, but if I had a need for a 4-door, the GT 4-door would be high up on my list. Perhaps not the GT63 as a family car with small kids, but a more livable GT43 or GT53 perhaps. If I had small kids and needed to load all the crap that goes along with that, the Audi RS6 wagon would be something to look at. Frankly looks better than any AMG wagon ever did and has all the practicality that you need w/o being an SUV with unnecessary high center of gravity. Audis are also more livable for daily driving. Having said that, though, a nice car with kids doesn't really go hand in hand. They'll end up spilling everything they can in the car and put shoe prints and dirt all over. I'd probably look into something like an Audi Allroad or something else more rugged and less luxurious. Definitely not something with Nappa leather seats.
Going to add the GT 4door to the list for sure. I neglected to mention I don't drive the AMG that much either - bought it new summer of 2021 and have just shy of 15K miles on it. We have a SUV that my wife primarily drives and we use for kid/dog hauling purposes but I do occasionally drive the AMG with the kiddos.

Not sure if the GT 4door ever got wireless carplay. One thing that annoys me with the C63S is the lack thereof. Yes, there are aftermarket solutions but I'd like it to be an OEM feature in the next car.
Old Today, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,844 Likes on 2,570 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by Jmarv
Not sure if the GT 4door ever got wireless carplay. One thing that annoys me with the C63S is the lack thereof. Yes, there are aftermarket solutions but I'd like it to be an OEM feature in the next car.
The GT got updated to MBUX 1 at some point, same as in the FL E63S. MBUX 1 doesn't support wireless CarPlay. It was added with MBUX 2 in the new W206, W223, W214 etc. It's not something I miss at all, because I've only had issues with wireless CarPlay in pretty much any car that had it. The phone either drains the battery very quickly, or it gets hot if you place it on the charger to keep the battery from draining. It's neat for short distances, but for longer distances wired CarPlay is much more stable. I don't use CarPlay in my own car very much anyway, but I use it in rental cars and service loaners to instantly have a personalized experience. COMAND/MBUX are much better integrated with the rest of the car.