Lease buy-out

Old 12-21-2017, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 Cabriolet
Lease buy-out

I'm a fairly new MB owner and therefore new to this forum. Did a quick search here on "lease buy out" but didn't come up with anything.

I usually do super low mileage and therefore my lease buy out is materially lower than the market value such that I don't want to just give the car back at lease end (plus, I have a bit of equity in it). I've been a longtime Audi owner and the process was, I find a buyer for it, agree the price, and then have a dealer sell the car to my buyer for the agreed price, with the dealer paying off the lease and the balance being returned to me.

Questions for the MB audience:

1. Do I have to do this at an MB dealer, or let's say I decide to purchase another brand, can the non MB dealer buy out the MB lease? I know Audi insisted it was an Audi dealer.
2. I had my car delivered by an Ontario MB dealer but I live in Quebec. If the answer to #1 is it must be an MB dealer, can it be any MB Canada dealer (e.g. in Quebec) that buys out the lease?
3. Do MB dealers charge for the lease buy out? I know for Audi it was $500 which went in the dealer's pocket to handle the paperwork.

Thanks in advance