Extended Limited Warranty in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2020, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLE
Extended Limited Warranty in Canada

Hello My fellow Canadian folks,

I just purchased a GLE from a dealership in Ontario, Canada and here I have a few questions about the Manufacturer's Extended Limited Warranty that I hope someone here can help me clarify.

Upon picking up my vehicle, I was advised by a 'business manager' that should I choose to purchase ELW from the dealership, I must get it on the date of delivery or otherwise, an inspection fee of $CAD1000.00 is required before my car is eligible again for ELW after the car leaves the lot.

This is regardless of the type of ELW that I'd like to purchase (e.g.: extra 2 years or 3 years).

Also, in Canada, the cost of ELW is non-negotiable, and non-refundable once purchased.

Questions.

1. Is the so-called inspection fee of $1000 true once the car leaves the lot, regardless of which Mercedes dealership I purchase it from?

2 Is it true that the cost of ELW is non-negotiable and non-refundable in Canada?

Thanks for everyone's help!

Old 04-17-2020, 10:14 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C 300 Wagon
I purchased a CPO in February and was told I could purchase an extended warranty afterwards but before the current warranty expires. No idea on inspection fee or if it is non-neogtiable.