Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
backdoc....
Old 06-06-2012, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by backdoc7
Only twice but both memorable experiences. Once was comped while playing Baccarat in Vegas.. I was up 8k at the time and playing $500 a hand.. which for me is way up there.. my friend was playing $1k a hand.. he's probably the reason they comped us!
The other time was with a friend before the "fun" started on his bachelor party.. good times.. i think it was like $125 / shot and that was long ago.. not cheap but damn.. Louis XIII is so good, so smooth! I saw you had Macallan 30 on your bar bro! Always wanted to try that. I've had the 15 y/o and the 18 y/o.. both great.. the 30 must be awesome with a good smoke! I can't stop looking at that scotch collection.
2 more for you...

Knockando came in today...can't wait to taste it this weekend...I've got feelers out for some Yamazaki 25yr...hopefully they come through

My order from the UK should be coming through next week for...

Glenfarclas 40yr
Glenfiddich 30yr
Springbank 21yr
Old 06-06-2012, 05:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Originally Posted by AMGfan
2 more for you...

Knockando came in today...can't wait to taste it this weekend...I've got feelers out for some Yamazaki 25yr...hopefully they come through

Glenfarclas 40yr
Glenfiddich 30yr
Springbank 21yr
Ok, now we are getting ridiculous! I had a bottle of Highland Park 18 back in my scotch days... It was awesome.. and didn't last long. I don't think it can be beat for the $. The 25 must be that much better. Glenfarcias 40 yr, Glenfiddich 30yr?? dang.. those are worthy additions to your collection.

In regards to the Louis XIII, if your serving that in your house, just know your in good company.. with the British royal family.. I remember the pit boss in Vegas telling me that! It's a blend of like 1,200 different scotches or something crazy like that, many over 100 years old.. you probably know all that.. anyway, I can see without a doubt, your a single malt guy.. through and through brotha! Enjoy in good health always!
Bill.

P.S., I picked up some smokes today.. can't wait get a minute to enjoy one or two!
Old 06-08-2012, 05:55 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
2 more for you...

Glenfarclas 40yr
Glenfiddich 30yr
Springbank 21yr
Jon, give some feedback on these two whiskey's if you don't mind. Just thinking about how smooth and balanced Highland Park 18 is, I think I'll pick some up this weekend if I get a second.

You guys have a great weekend!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:29 AM

1998 C43 AMG
Hey guys, let's get this thread back on track...I just smoked a wonderful Cohiba petite corona...
Old 06-09-2012, 12:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Met up with C280 Sport this afternoon for some golf...he was down here for some vacation/business time and we squeezed in some golf before it poured. One righteous Padron...#9 Natural

I had a Padilla Signature 1932 on the back nine but forgot about the pic...so much smoke coming from that robusto...draw was perfect and the smell made the rain drops livable...

Last edited by AMGfan; 06-09-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:07 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Those Padron's ^^ look good !

After a day at along the beach barhopping with our ladies, we ended up at a buddies house and he offered me an Acid "Toast". I hadn't had an infused Cigar in a long time so why not.
The wrapper was a little sweet for my taste but overall the Toast was pretty good. It needed a touch up or two but burned good and smelled good to the ladies so what the heck. I wouldn't be objected to trying another down the line. Nice way to wind down a awesome Sunday.
Old 06-11-2012, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Try the Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...sweet and I personally think better than the Acid's. Mild and a good cigar with coffee...makes for a great Sunday afternoon...

Some restocks that came in today...plus one of the last Padrons I haven't gotten a box yet or smoked...

Padron 1964 Anniversaria TAA (Tobacconist Association of America) Toro

Joya de Nicaragua Antano Dark Corojo

La Flor Dominicana Small Batch #4

Tatuaje El Triunfador Old Man and the C

Last edited by AMGfan; 06-11-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:07 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Try the Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...sweet and I personally think better than the Acid's. Mild and a good cigar with coffee...makes for a great Sunday afternoon...

Will do.. the Cafe con Leche are on my to do list..

The Tatuaje El Triunfador Old Man and the C look interesting has he!!

I just picked up some Joy de Nicaragua Antano 1970 Robusto Criollo's and plan on having one or a Hemingway Short Story with this on my next opportunity.

BTW, your picks are awesome.. what are you using for picks these days? If you say your cell phone, I'm not going to believe you!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:05 PM

1998 C43 AMG
+1 on those Tabak Especiales, especially the Cafe con Leche. Super sweet when you start to draw, but make no mistake, it's a fuller-bodied blend. Great cigar with coffee! JR, that new stash looks fantastic!
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
+1 on those Tabak Especiales, especially the Cafe con Leche. Super sweet when you start to draw, but make no mistake, it's a fuller-bodied blend. Great cigar with coffee! JR, that new stash looks fantastic!
JR...my tolerances must be jacked up...the Cafe Con Leche is mild to me but each person is different. Whatever the case, the CCL is definitely a great change of pace cigar...pretty easy draw and the flavor is definitely worthy paired up with a strong expresso.

When I come out to LA to visit my sister and niece, I'll bring out a care package for you. It'll be loaded with some greatness...
Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 AM

1998 C43 AMG
JR...my tolerances must be jacked up...the Cafe Con Leche is mild to me but each person is different. Whatever the case, the CCL is definitely a great change of pace cigar...pretty easy draw and the flavor is definitely worthy paired up with a strong expresso.

When I come out to LA to visit my sister and niece, I'll bring out a care package for you. It'll be loaded with some greatness...
Naw, I agree with you...What I tried to convey was that the CCL has a ton of flavour...I guess I shouldn't have used the words 'fuller-bodied', which is different. My bad!

I agree, it's a milder-bodied smoke, but loaded with flavour. How's that?

PS When are you coming to LA? I'm leaving again in a few days, gotta drive back to MO and see the gf before she heads to Houston.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Met up with C280 Sport this afternoon for some golf...he was down here for some vacation/business time and we squeezed in some golf before it poured. One righteous Padron...#9 Natural

I had a Padilla Signature 1932 on the back nine but forgot about the pic...so much smoke coming from that robusto...draw was perfect and the smell made the rain drops livable...

Jon! Pleasure golfing with you last Friday! I had a great time! Sorry we could not make it on Sunday. Hope it was a great time! I will be coming back down in July/August... This time all for vacation only. We will get together again soon! Maybe some golf and cook out after? Thank you once again for the sticks
Old 06-12-2012, 11:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Boxes from today...

Padron 1964 85yr
Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
LFD Double Ligero
Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

From golf after work...

Padilla Signature 1932

Ramone Allones Extra Edicion Limitada 2011...

Cohiba Genios Maduro 5
Old 06-15-2012, 12:15 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Boxes from today...

Padron 1964 85yr
Padron 1964 Exclusivo Maduro
LFD Double Ligero
Sweet! Is the La Flor Dominicana "Double" Ligero that much stronger or is the taste just bolder than the regular Ligero? I've had the regular and it wasn't mild at all if I remember correctly.. the Double would probably hit me hard!
BTW, how was the Knockando??
Old 06-15-2012, 01:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The double ligero is stout...one of the stronger blends I've had...the LFD airbender is a little stronger but not by much. The fullest bodied cigar I've had is the Joya de Nicaragua Dark 1970 Antano...I wouldn't recommend smoking any of the above cigars without something in your stomach because it will feel like you got kicked in the side of your face...HELLO dysequilibrium!

The Knockando was very smooth and fruity...not strong in the mouth but very soothing for a lack of a better word...I'd drink many more glasses...

P.S. I couldn't sleep so ended up moving all my Padrons between 2 home humidors into one humidor. I've got to bring my Padrons from my 2 office humidors home...to make room for a fresh order of Padron 64's and 26's...

Old 06-15-2012, 02:39 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
P.S. I couldn't sleep so ended up moving all my Padrons between 2 home humidors into one humidor. I've got to bring my Padrons from my 2 office humidors home...to make room for a fresh order of Padron 64's and 26's...

Holy ***** brotha!! I'm not even sure what to say. Padron OCD?
Ok, I'm stopping by the Cigar shop this weekend so I'm going to pick up a few Padron's just in your honor my man!! .. which to you suggest is my first Padron bro?? Medium body is my preference but fire away.. I'm open for suggestions.. I've been thinking of a smoke and a glass or two of single malt all week.... It's Highland Park 18 for me.
Old 06-15-2012, 02:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Try...Padron Series 2000/5000/6000 (great value cigar), Padron 1926 Serie #6 Natural (one of my favorites), Padron 1964 Anniversario Exclusivo Maduro/Natural (#2 favorite padron), or Padron 1926 Serie #2 Belicoso (smaller cigar but full bodied)...

Highland Park 18 is a great pairing...try the Dalmore Cigar Malt or Dalmore King Alexander...or any Glenmorangie

Last edited by AMGfan; 06-16-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Geez I'm hung over...from last night...great night with friends!

Old 06-16-2012, 03:17 PM

1998 C43 AMG
backdoc, those La Flor Dominica Double Ligeros are fantastic! I haven't smoked an 'Airbender', but I would certainly give them a whirl after smoking the DL. Full-bodied with fantastic flavour, but not overpowering. Very smooth, at least mine was.

You can't go wrong with any of the Padron family. For a medium bodied smoke, I'd 2nd AMG's suggestion of the 1964 Anniversarios, especially if you can find them in maduro.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:26 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Try...Padron Series 2000/5000/6000 (great value cigar), Padron 1926 Serie #6 Natural (one of my favorites), Padron 1964 Anniversario Exclusivo Maduro/Natural (#2 favorite padron), or Padron 1926 Serie #2 Belicoso (smaller cigar but full bodied)...

Highland Park 18 is a great pairing...try the Dalmore Cigar Malt or Dalmore King Alexander...or any Glenmorangie
Will take your advise.. not that you know Padron or anything! They should be calling you brotha!

Geez I'm hung over...from last night...great night with friends!

Holy **** JR! That's a poker party my man... The finish on the 40 y/o HP must be awesome. I'm flying in for the next one uninvited!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
backdoc, those La Flor Dominica Double Ligeros are fantastic! I haven't smoked an 'Airbender', but I would certainly give them a whirl after smoking the DL. Full-bodied with fantastic flavour, but not overpowering. Very smooth, at least mine was.

You can't go wrong with any of the Padron family. For a medium bodied smoke, I'd 2nd AMG's suggestion of the 1964 Anniversarios, especially if you can find them in maduro.
JRock.. I'm sold bro.. just need to pick a few different sticks and get some time to give them a whirl! Medium bodied suits my tastes well so I'll take your and JR's advise on that one for sure..

You guys have a great weekend.. It's my lady's Bday today so it's all about her this weekend.
Old 06-17-2012, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^^^Hope your girlfriends birthday went well!

Here was my Saturday......Had a quiet evening (recovering from last night's hangover) with a buddy of mine...our wives had a girl's night out and we were stuck watching the kids while they swam at his house.

PS Buddy got be an sweet Andre Garcia cigar case...

Cuban Select Chubby Short - imposing cigar but really ended up to be a medium body...enjoyable for a relatively inexpensive cigar. I'd buy a box...

Opus X #77 Shark...compared to the Anejo version it was mild to medium body...sweet and easy draw...tons of smoke...
Old 06-19-2012, 02:17 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^ That's a hell of a way to come off a hangover bro! lol. your in rare form and that case looks sweet.
Thanks for the birthday wishes for my girlfriend. We just got back from San Diego today.. we always have a good time there. We stayed at the Hilton La Jolla and had a cool room with a big patio overlooking Torrey Pines golf course. Here's a shot from the room balcony. JR, you've probably played this course so thought you'd enjoy this shot!!

Anyway.. I read that the Hotel was non-smoking so didn't bring any sticks only to see a small humidor in the gift shop no doubt to supply the golfers. Anyway, I couldn't resist and bought a Romeo and Julieta Churchill Tube.. I smoked after dark on the patio so didn't get any shots but did enjoy it with a nice bottle of Merlot and the company of the birthday girl. I didn't get any knock's on the door to put it out the smoke so it was all good! Have a good week guys!
Bd7
Old 06-19-2012, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by backdoc7
^^^ That's a hell of a way to come off a hangover bro! lol. your in rare form and that case looks sweet.
Thanks for the birthday wishes for my girlfriend. We just got back from San Diego today.. we always have a good time there. We stayed at the Hilton La Jolla and had a cool room with a big patio overlooking Torrey Pines golf course. Here's a shot from the room balcony. JR, you've probably played this course so thought you'd enjoy this shot!!

Anyway.. I read that the Hotel was non-smoking so didn't bring any sticks only to see a small humidor in the gift shop no doubt to supply the golfers. Anyway, I couldn't resist and bought a Romeo and Julieta Churchill Tube.. I smoked after dark on the patio so didn't get any shots but did enjoy it with a nice bottle of Merlot and the company of the birthday girl. I didn't get any knock's on the door to put it out the smoke so it was all good! Have a good week guys!
Bd7
Brother...that is nice! Glad you had a good time...must have been nice just to chill and sit back with the cigar/wine and look at that view...

Yea...my hangover from Friday poker still kind of lingered through Sunday night...Saturday didn't help but its all good now.

Just a great night hanging with the fellas...some of the faces of my friends after they sampled some of the stronger and peatier scotches I have was classic... I did start them off with Glenmorangie (which they really liked) so it wasn't all "bad"...the Ardbeg and Laphroaig are acquired tastes...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.