Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 12:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 W211 E350 AMG Sport PKG
just ordered a 10 pack of gurkha black beauty and my buddy ordered a 10 pack of DPG legado de pepin from CI at a killer price! each order comes with a bugatti double flame torch lighter. i think you guys would appreciate this deal

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/c...sale/#p-126953

i chose the Gurkha BB over the CAO Sopranos...hopefully that was the right decision
Old 06-05-2013, 01:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by 09W211
just ordered a 10 pack of gurkha black beauty and my buddy ordered a 10 pack of DPG legado de pepin from CI at a killer price! each order comes with a bugatti double flame torch lighter. i think you guys would appreciate this deal

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/c...sale/#p-126953

i chose the Gurkha BB over the CAO Sopranos...hopefully that was the right decision
I think you'll be happy with the purchase... those BB's are yummy.

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal, BTW
Old 06-05-2013, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 428 Likes on 353 Posts
MB’s
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Solid lineup there!!
Thank you I am a killer for those T52'S
Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

C280: how's the san lotano maduro? i'm thinking about picking up a pair for myself and a buddy of mine. i also have a 5 pack of t-52's sitting in my friends humidor that we're waiting to smoke after its been reconstituted
Honest to God... It is a fantastic smoke! Get the San Lotano box pressed Maduro with the green label like I have posted so many times. It really is a fantastic smoke! Good to the very end and the more it burns the stronger the flavor! I love them! If you go back thru this long long thread we have I bought a large sampler pack of around 50 cigars and it came with about 10 San Lotano's or so but everyone kept taking them when we would have people over. Everyone ranted on and on about how great they were. One day on the golf course I puffed away on one and from there It was almost like love at first sight

T52'S are amazing as well! I enjoyed one a couple weeks ago and right now I am down to only 3 Liga Privada #9's in my humidor So very hard to find up here and when we get them its only 2 per customer.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Talking

I think you'll be happy with the purchase... those BB's are yummy.

Thanks for the heads-up on the deal, BTW
I just put in a order for 10 Cafe Con Leche's this evening from Cigar International
Old 06-05-2013, 11:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
No clue if this is for real...just saw it on Amazon and said WTF...it wasn't terribly expensive but it looks good and it actually works...

Last edited by AMGfan; 06-05-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:25 AM

SRT-6
^^^ There are a TON of Cohiba items on eBay that look super nice... like you, I question their authenticity (90% of them are coming from China, so, I doubt it). But the look is bang-on, and if it works... GO FOR IT!!!

I was actually going to get the carbon fiber & glass Cohiba ashtray on Amazon, and then wifey stepped up to the plate and surprised me with the super awesome Liga Privada #9 ashtray. I simply mentioned it to her, ONCE, and she intuitively sought it out and bought it

Yes, she is a keeper.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-976088_10152878868675553_465293285_o.jpg  
Old 06-06-2013, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Nice...my wife doesn't have a clue what to get me for any occasion so I basically buy what I want and tell her thanks for getting it for me and just have her sign the card and hand it to me.

She did get me a dog one year but after that it went downhill from there... It's all good...though. She is a keeper too...wifey #1 was a succubus.
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 AM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Nice...my wife doesn't have a clue what to get me for any occasion so I basically buy what I want and tell her thanks for getting it for me and just have her sign the card and hand it to me.

She did get me a dog one year but after that it went downhill from there... It's all good...though. She is a keeper too...wifey #1 was a succubus.
LMAO!! My wife and I have a joint bank account... so we have to be careful because we are BOTH givers. One month, we spent over $1,000 on stupid crap trying to surprise each other. Then we realized...

Still, it's the thought that counts. Both of us work hard for our $$$ so we believe in rewarding each other frequently. There are worse problems to have...

Besides, I can't stay mad at this face...
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-b9.jpg  

Last edited by Kreuzfeuer; 06-06-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:05 PM

C280 Sport: thanks for the info! i'll defintely be checking at out as my buddy wants to check it out as well.

Kreuzfeuer: don't mean to overstep my boundaries or to offend you, but your wife is hot.

hopefully you guys took advantage of the CI deal!

so, my buddy's birthday is coming up and a couple of us were thinking about getting him a box. here are some that i was considering, and if you guys feel there is something i missed, please feel free to let me know.

- Liga No.9
- Padron 1926 or 1964 Anniversary Maduro
- Oliva Serie-V Melanio
- Ashton VSG

these sticks may not share similar characteristics, but these are some that he's wanted and/or liked. he leands more towards med/full body sticks that deliver a nicotine/spice/pepper with a leather undertone and a sweet chocolate/cocoa/coffee finish.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:19 PM

SRT-6
C280 Sport: thanks for the info! i'll defintely be checking at out as my buddy wants to check it out as well.

Kreuzfeuer: don't mean to overstep my boundaries or to offend you, but your wife is hot.

so, my buddy's birthday is coming up and a couple of us were thinking about getting him a box. here are some that i was considering, and if you guys feel there is something i missed, please feel free to let me know.

- Liga No.9
- Oliva Serie-V Melanio
- Ashton VSG

these sticks may not share similar characteristics, but these are some that he's wanted and/or liked. he leands more towards med/full body sticks that deliver a nicotine/spice/pepper with a leather undertone and a sweet chocolate/cocoa/coffee finish.
No offense taken! If I was the offendable type, I wouldn't have thrown it up there

As for the box purchase, I'll go ahead and clue you in on a little deal:

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...ts?cm_vc=10001

So, you can get a box of Melanio for him, AND an Oliva ten-pack for yourself!!! Also, free shipping.

If $$$ is no object, definitely get him the Padron 1964 46-year... it has EVERYTHING you described, and is one of the most delicious sticks out there IMO... they just cost too much for me to smoke often

At first when you said "spice, pepper" I was thinking LP#9... then you said "sweet chocolate" and I was like BOOM! Padron has all those flavors.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

LMAO!! My wife and I have a joint bank account... so we have to be careful because we are BOTH givers. One month, we spent over $1,000 on stupid crap trying to surprise each other. Then we realized...

Still, it's the thought that counts. Both of us work hard for our $$$ so we believe in rewarding each other frequently. There are worse problems to have...

Besides, I can't stay mad at this face...

Shes a hottie for sure
Old 06-06-2013, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

- Liga No.9
- Oliva Serie-V Melanio
- Ashton VSG

Out of those choices the Liga Privada #9's will be the hardest to come by. The Padron's will be the most expensive. The Ashton VSG is a nice smoke. The Oliva... I honestly do not care if they stopped production tomorrow lol

How much are you looking to spend on a box? Honestly if you have the means go for a Padron 1964 45th or 85th Anniversary Maduro
Old 06-06-2013, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
No offense taken! If I was the offendable type, I wouldn't have thrown it up there

As for the box purchase, I'll go ahead and clue you in on a little deal:

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...ts?cm_vc=10001

So, you can get a box of Melanio for him, AND an Oliva ten-pack for yourself!!! Also, free shipping.

If $$$ is no object, definitely get him the Padron 1964 46-year... it has EVERYTHING you described, and is one of the most delicious sticks out there IMO... they just cost too much for me to smoke often

At first when you said "spice, pepper" I was thinking LP#9... then you said "sweet chocolate" and I was like BOOM! Padron has all those flavors.
We have a +2 on the Padron's
Old 06-07-2013, 01:57 AM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Shes a hottie for sure
Thanks bro!

Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Out of those choices the Liga Privada #9's will be the hardest to come by. The Padron's will be the most expensive. The Ashton VSG is a nice smoke. The Oliva... I honestly do not care if they stopped production tomorrow lol

How much are you looking to spend on a box? Honestly if you have the means go for a Padron 1964 45th or 85th Anniversary Maduro
How dare you talk about my Melanios... hahahah

Seriously though, the Padron is hard to beat, for any price range. I prefer them over the LP's... just barely.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:40 PM

thanks for the input guys. i'll definitely consider the oliva v melanio box. that's not a bad deal at all. i'm even thinking about just getting him a sampler pack of 1926 and having our other buddies getting diff samplers as well...decision decisions...
Old 06-07-2013, 08:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thanks bro!

How dare you talk about my Melanios... hahahah

Seriously though, the Padron is hard to beat, for any price range. I prefer them over the LP's... just barely.

Haha! Yea not a fan at all! But a Padrón. Mmmmm.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:14 AM

SRT-6
Well folks, I found my first Tatuaje/DPG smoke that I didn't like... the Tatuaje "White label" w/ sumatra wrapper. The draw was simply too open... like, breathing through a PVC pipe open. As a result, the cigar burned quick and hot. Flavor was grassy, with some roasted nuts. Would not recommend.

Annoyed, I went into my local B&M Thursday night and picked up a few more Liga Privadas... a #9, and two T-52s. One of the T52s was significantly darker than the other one... both were rolled by the same roller (according to the box) but there's a marked difference. Letting them chill in the humi for a bit before I tear into them. Also picked up the brown label Tatuaje... original and still best of that brand.

That same night, I smoked the Dirty Rat. What a little powerhouse... As usual with the Unico Serie cigars, TONS of smoke. First half was very spicy, second half mellowed to a sweet chocolate taste. Unusually strong little fella. Loved it, and would recommend.

Tonight, I smoked the Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor Reserva. Not only is the name a mouthful, but I didn't like it as much as the ADC Mi Amor. To me, the Mi Amor is perfect -- tons of flavor, but tons of balance. The Mi Amor Reserva is touted as being "more of what makes the Mi Amor great". While the flavor was certainly delicious, the ash broke on two different occasions after an inch (landing on my jeans each time) and the burn took some babysitting. Definitely a spicier Mi Amor, and for those reasons I prefer the mid-range Mi Amor over the Reserva.

Finally, the awesome wife strikes again... She ordered me a new Xikar lighter to match the Liga Privada ashtray.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-imag3283-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag3295-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag3302-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag3317.jpg   Any smokers?-imag3313-1.jpg  

Old 06-08-2013, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Before the rain hit...these were on the golf course today. Mediocre golf 82 but great stogies while I hack...

Cafe Con Leche...great start!

2006 VSG Illusione...aged from 2006 Arturo Fuente charity box...damn good.

Padron Family Reserve 46 Year Natural...currently my favorite Padron.

Opus X Lost City...aged 2 years...silky smooth baby!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Raining all day in not so sunny Florida...detailed the cars and organized my garage, setup my air compressor (makes detailing a car so much easier), and hung out with my chocolate lab while smoking a Padron 1964 Torpedo and Arturo Fuente BTL (Between the Lines)...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Getting ready to walk my lab...2004 Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro...been waiting to smoke this island cigar for awhile now. Did not disappoint and thank goodness I Have 14 more to go.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
1992 500E, 1994 E500, 2011 E550 and 2018 GLE350
Raining all day in not so sunny Florida...detailed the cars and organized my garage, setup my air compressor (makes detailing a car so much easier), and hung out with my chocolate lab while smoking a Padron 1964 Torpedo and Arturo Fuente BTL (Between the Lines)...
You must be a professional golfer. Who else has that many pairs of golf shoes and cases of Pro V's? Nice cigar choices by the way.

My go to cigar is the Partagas Short. I refer to them as M&M's. Great little smoke that goes extremely well with the morning coffee.

Last edited by ilovemaui1; 06-12-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ilovemaui1
You must be a professional golfer. Who else has that many pairs of golf shoes and cases of Pro V's? Nice cigar choices by the way.

My go to cigar is the Partagas Short. I refer to them as M&M's. Great little smoke that goes extremely well with the morning coffee.
Professional hacker (8 handicap)...I'm a bit of a hoarder but in a good way...

Once I start on a "vice"...cigars, scotch, golf shoes/*****/clubs/clothes, cars, watches, etc...I tend to indulge the narcissist in me. All in good fun since I can't take my disposable income when I take the dirt nap...
Old 06-12-2013, 12:59 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
1992 500E, 1994 E500, 2011 E550 and 2018 GLE350
Professional hacker (8 handicap)...I'm a bit of a hoarder but in a good way...

Once I start on a "vice"...cigars, scotch, golf shoes/*****/clubs/clothes, cars, watches, etc...I tend to indulge the narcissist in me. All in good fun since I can't take my disposable income when I take the dirt nap...
How does one decide which car to drive with a lineup like that?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Smile

Enjoy 2 smokes last weekend. I have been very busy so no real time to post anything much or even relax. It has also been a very weird weather patter for NY we have been having recently. No escape to Florida until mid July. Was thinking of getting away to the shore for some time but its no warmer there. Until then the whole state of NY is cold and hot and breezy all in one day. Awful weather for any kind of golfing.
Any smokers?-heated-cooled.jpg Never thought my cars interior buttons would look like this

Anyways! Cigars! Any smokers?-padron.jpg Padron 3000 Maduro! Amazing as always!
Any smokers?-lotano.jpg Enjoyed a wonderful San Lotano Box Pressed Maduro while laying out. Had a couple hours of warm weather so enjoyed it while it lasted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.