CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

All CL500/600 owners please read. Quad tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Lightbulb All CL500/600 owners please read. Quad tips

I have been working on a custom solution for a quality quad exhaust tip that will fit the 500/600 (all years) and pre 03 CL55's with a custom fabrication company. This tip will be very high quality, will fit correctly, and will attach to the factory muffler. It will not be a clamp-on, it will need to be custom welded to the stock muffler. It will obviously keep your car quiet, stock, and won't affect the warranty. It will be a lot better than the fake quad tips sold at places like e-bay (that don't even fit the CL and have junky quality). It will not require a bumper change. It will not affect the flow.

I am not copying the AMG look and trying to make the car something it is not. The tips will be slightly different in their look. But its very unique. It will add a very aggressive nice look to the rear.

What I am wondering is, how many members would be interested in such an item and would be willing to spend over $200 for the set? Can anyone interested please let me know? Ask friends that may be interested... The more I can have made, the lower the cost will be, however quality will not be secondary.

Thanks.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 04-11-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SL65 AMG
Hey there. First off, congrats on the win today. Yanks-> <-Sox

About the quad tips, it's tough to tell without knowing a couple of things like a better idea of what it will look like, and a closer estimate of what it will cost from end to end, including the install. I've no clue from custom welding prices. For my part, I'm interested in all of these little things - kinda like window shopping. If something really stands out, then we come inside and purchase.

Let us know all you can without putting your design at risk, I suppose?

Take it easy,
-V
Old 04-12-2005, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
Trust me it will look good. I will try to get some pics once they are made, I am just trying to get an idea of interest in such a thing provided everything else is acceptable.

Ends have to be either clamped on, or welded on. Any muffler shop can weld... its easy.... Midas can do it probably, although I would never hand over the keys of my CL to a Midas guy.

Clamped on ends look stupid. This will look like it is factory.... not some hack aftermarket part.