CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

'03 CL600 report (EuroRev tuned ECU)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 03:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up '03 CL600 report (EuroRev tuned ECU)

Finally, this is one of the moments I’ve been waiting for. I just got my ’03 CL600 ECU tuned by EuroRev. I left the car dead still for about 45 minutes (no ECU). Once the front ECU is pulled out. Then, they basically re-program, or I should say work their “magic”. I saw the whole process while they were tuning the ECU. What they did with the chip was impressive, all I can say that there was no trace at all that the chip was taken out or even tampered with. Dealer definitely cannot trace what they did. (That’s a good thing).

First thing first; I told them that the speed limiter have to be disabled, because the stock car is capable of going over 130 MPH, but its electronically governed at 130 MPH… haha… not anymore. I think he ended up, setting the limiter at 200MPH!

Secondly, Jessie from EuroRev asked me, how much power do you want? I believe, if I am not wrong; EuroRev offered 3 different tuning stages for the bi-turbo engines. I think the first stage was adding just 50 HP… Trust me, I didn’t even bothered picking from the first 2 stages. Then, I told him that I want the MAXIMUM power output; which leave me to Stage 3, about 100+HP gain, or should I say about 70hp more on the wheel.

Lastly, Jessie @EuroRev sets the rev limiter closer to the red-line; I believe he added about 150 more to the RPM.

Screwed the screws back in, Popped the ECU back to the car . . . ENGINE starts!!!

Then I took it for a spin, this is where the fun began. From a standing still,
ABC Sport ON
ESP ON (Yes its ON)
Air Con OFF

I floored on the gas… Holy Sh*t, 1st gear SPIN, 2nd gear SPINS TOO. On the long stretch local road, the car can easily did 120MPH until the end of the stop sign! This is crazy, Im too scared to drive with the ESP off for the moment, at least until I get used to the power first.
The bottom-line from this ECU tuning mods; YES I think it worth the pennies. YES, it is undetectable and safe. YES, it woke up the car; I say is at it FULL-engine potential now. And the price is very competitive!!

I came back home with a big smile on my face!

I really, think that, this ECU upgrade is a must for the Bi-Turbo engines.

Next, I will lowered the car, with EuroRev adjustable drop-link for air suspension ( I had it on my first ’01 CL500), then I will dyno the car, and let the numbers speak for it self!!!

Thanks to EuroRev.com (based in LA area)

Old 03-09-2006, 09:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2008 CL550, 2018 E400 Coupe, 2019 AMG GLE43 Coupe, 1968 C10 Restomod
I know this is an ancient thread, but did you ever get the car dynoed?
Old 03-10-2006, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG
How much did you have to pay?