CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

03 Cl 500 Sport or 04 Maserati GT Coupe?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Mercedes C-Class
Originally Posted by gaiex
OH Yeahhhh????
Do you know alfa romeu brand (crap cars, only design) from group FIAT, like Ferrari and Maserati ?
They all share interior parts

Interior pics from Alfa romeu cars:
They might share interior parts, but I know for sure that FIAT doesn't use Ferrari gearbox or its engine. So thats about all.
Whats better? Ferrari engine or Mercedes engine?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by chris7469
Don't want to get anyone mad on this board, by talking about other cars.

Drop me an email at chrismathews74@hotmail.com
CM
Hey man, I don't care who gets mad... they don't have to read it.... I want to know. I like to hear about other cars and how they compare to my CL. Have you had any issues with the car? anything breaking?
Old 08-10-2005, 07:56 PM

NSX
Plus its not like you are ranting about some Buick.... Its a nice car and I want to know about it. I don't see what the problem is if you talk about it here. Its easy enough to click a mouse and go to a different thread if this of of no interest to you.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 W205 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by ///CLKfiftyfive
I will take a CLK55 over a CL500 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Also, a CLK55 will smoke a CL500 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Now the CL55 is a different story - but I bet if the CLK55 had the blower everyone would stop trashing the CLK55. That is why I bought it because there are so many haters trashing the CLK55.

-my $0.02
Agreed. The CLK55 is more tuned and in touch with the road than a CL500. The CL500 is even more of a cruiser/luxury boat than the CLK55.

That being said, I would take the Maserati as it is more fun than both cars.
Old 08-24-2005, 03:00 PM
Almost a Member!

1999 CLK 430
4,000 miles no problems at all...

I have about 4,000 miles on the Maserati. I bought it with 1,000, drove it home from Chicago and put about 200 miles on it each and every week. Knock on wood, everything is perfect. I have 3 years left on the warranty and I am thinking about getting an extended one if offered.

I bought the car with an Tubi exhaust installed. It growls and is very loud... I had no idea how loud it was until I heard a stock exhaust.

Has anyone tuned their exhaust on their CL?

My wife NOW hates it... (Is it just me or do wives and girlfriends get really mad when we men are very happy doing something or buying something that does not include them.......) She is jealous of a car.... Does that make sense???

She makes fun of me all the time because I get very happy when I am driving.

She also has a problem with people making a big deal about it. She is sick and tired of people coming over to check it out or talk about it. She has refused to ride in it.... Because people stare and the exhaust is loud.... Oh well... Can't please everyone... Guys and their toys should be left alone...

The CL holds it value much better than the Maserati. But depreciation can be a great thing....for 65,000 - 70,000 you can buy an 04 Maserati, with under 3,000 miles and a 3 year warranty. Unfortunately, a few of my car buddies have noticed that after driving my car a little bit and I have a feeling there will be another one or two in the neighborhood soon. Not that it matters.

Any big Car events in the NJ area soon? CM
Old 08-24-2005, 04:25 PM

i drive an ///M6
Originally Posted by ///CLKfiftyfive
I will take a CLK55 over a CL500 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Also, a CLK55 will smoke a CL500 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Now the CL55 is a different story - but I bet if the CLK55 had the blower everyone would stop trashing the CLK55. That is why I bought it because there are so many haters trashing the CLK55.

-my $0.02
My previous car was an '01 clk55, and i must say, you CANNOT compare the 2, --apples and oranges. with that being said, i do miss my clk55, and would NEVER trash it--it was fast as hell, sexy, and fun, but would never swap back my cl500 for it. yes, the cl is slower than the amg and doesn't handle as tight, but is in no way is a slow car, or a boat. - my$0.02
Old 08-25-2005, 03:26 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by ICEAMG
My previous car was an '01 clk55, and i must say, you CANNOT compare the 2, --apples and oranges. with that being said, i do miss my clk55, and would NEVER trash it--it was fast as hell, sexy, and fun, but would never swap back my cl500 for it. yes, the cl is slower than the amg and doesn't handle as tight, but is in no way is a slow car, or a boat. - my$0.02
Yeah a "boat" is a ridiculous term to use on a CL....

it gives the impression somehow the car is slow... and it is not AT ALL. I have had serious race cars before... I mean the 10 second quarter mile 1.3g machines... so I know what good handling and speed is.... and in no WAY do I think my CL6 is a boat.... in traffic I feel like a wolf in the midst of sheep.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:28 PM

NSX
Chris that is a funny story about the wife....

You should be thankful because if she liked it then you'd never get to drive it. Yes the depreciation is killer, but that means its a great used car. I am going to look at them next time I change cars. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:01 AM

The people in this thread have not the slight hint of an idea about what Maserati is! I would take a Maserati over a CL anyday, Maserati interior = 30k you have obviously never been in one, or driven one. A Maserati is not a poor man Ferrari, it is just another Italian car comparible to Ferrari, Alfa etc.. They make coupes and not two seater sports cars, except the MC12, but that is a whole different catagorie. The paddle shifting gear box is not for everyone, but you always have the option of a 6 speed. If you want a fast and refined car with incredible craftsmen ship get a Maserati. If you want a luxury boat, with a bigge back seat, get the CL.

Both great cars, but totally different from one another!
Old 09-26-2005, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Fr0zen:

I agree that the Maserati interior uses much higher quality material and finish than a $30K car. I have been in a GranSport and driven the new Quattroporte. I do disagree with you on a couple of points. Maserati does make a 2 seater sports car, the Spyder. The term "luxury boat" is a bit incendiary.

Regards,

Tom
Old 09-26-2005, 05:20 PM

NSX
Maybe he meant "cigarette boat".
Old 09-26-2005, 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'99 C230 K
Originally Posted by chris7469
Don't want to get anyone mad on this board, by talking about other cars.

Drop me an email at chrismathews74@hotmail.com

So far still blown away, surprisingly the car handled very well in a few thunderstorms I got caught in down AC.

I drive with the paddles in regular mode and sometimes in sport mode. I will also drive in auto when I am drinking a coffee or something. To be very honest, I enjoy the jerky - ness. I can shift pretty smooth with the paddles, but when I am behind the wheel I like to be engaged. I really don't think the ride is anymore jerky than my buddys new vette when he is shifting. I think it comes with the manual transmission territory.

CM

congrats! I love maserati's! I went to Ferrari of America in Manhattan and sat in the new coupe its nice!....I hope to see you driving on the parkway