HPS supercharger installed !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 01:36 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by AMG2GO
And for 10K he has a car that probably runs circles around a standard 500.
Not just around the 500. I have the CL 55 with HPS sc. Who's know.......could equal or a slight better the stock CL 55 sc on the bottom end. This owner claimed to beat the E55 sc with his E55 HPS sc from 0-80 about 1-2 cars lenght. remember, the root type sc are know to deliever huge power from bottom end to mid-range.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/foru...id=56#M1548746

Last edited by Clk&Slk; 08-17-2005 at 01:46 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NSX
You should post a little video clip so we can hear the car and see it run.... if you take a small video I am sure someone can post it even if you don't know how.

Linh you almost sound like you work for HPS when you say "We can't give out secrets due to competition".... who is "we"?
Old 08-17-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

You should post a little video clip so we can hear the car and see it run.... if you take a small video I am sure someone can post it even if you don't know how.

Linh you almost sound like you work for HPS when you say "We can't give out secrets due to competition".... who is "we"?
I have the stock exhaust so it does not sound much louder. It funny that i used to took my Slk 230 with pulley kit upgrade up to 150 mph but it does not feel that scary like on my CL 55 with HPS sc, it feel scary as hell even i only took it up to 120 mph. The speed build up so fast that it scary.

I don't work for HPS but i feel like part of the team. I pretty much give feed back on every little thing about mine car. Any feed back can only benefit both side and in turn will make the kit even better then it already is.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
I have the stock exhaust so it does not sound much louder. It funny that i used to took my Slk 230 with pulley kit upgrade up to 150 mph but it does not feel that scary like on my CL 55 with HPS sc, it feel scary as hell even i only took it up to 120 mph. The speed build up so fast that it scary.

I don't work for HPS but i feel like part of the team. I pretty much give feed back on every little thing about mine car. Any feed back can only benefit both side and in turn will make the kit even better then it already is.
Hey Lihn we should take a vid of my car w/AMG exhaust and HPS when I put the hammer down it sounds flat out evil :v I'll do a few dohnuts in the parking lot :v that should be entertaining... ps I know what you mean about scary! even though my car isn't a 55 it hauls the mail!!! on the freeway I haven't gone over 120 either, U feel like it's gonna be to hard to make a correction if anybody gets near you, the speed just pours outta these things

Last edited by Thericker; 08-17-2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 PM
Banned

Sean,

That's a great idea. We should do a video on your car with quad exhaust system, burn out...etc. I'll be the camera man.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Out Of Control!

^^ Can i join you guys? :p
Old 08-17-2005, 11:26 PM

NSX
I guess your car was no longer under warranty? I can't imagine MB warranting anything after a freakin' supercharger is installed on the motor... certainly nothing on the drivetrain....

Frankly the CL horrifies me with its repair costs. Thats why I paid MB an extra $4000 on top of buying a CPO car to have the stuff covered. Everytime it goes to the dealer it seems the bill is a few thousand. It was in shop a while back and I had a near $30,000 bill.... no joke. I can't imagine spending 70K on a car, then dropping another 10K in a supercharger, then paying out of pocket for anything that may break. I mean you are a brave man Linh...

This being said, I am jealous of the power you have now...
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 PM
Banned

I guess your car was no longer under warranty? I can't imagine MB warranting anything after a freakin' supercharger is installed on the motor... certainly nothing on the drivetrain....

Frankly the CL horrifies me with its repair costs. Thats why I paid MB an extra $4000 on top of buying a CPO car to have the stuff covered. Everytime it goes to the dealer it seems the bill is a few thousand. It was in shop a while back and I had a near $30,000 bill.... no joke. I can't imagine spending 70K on a car, then dropping another 10K in a supercharger, then paying out of pocket for anything that may break. I mean you are a brave man Linh...

I try to live life to the fullness.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Lihn....I can't believe my car now I was driving back home from the gym tonight, on surface streets and....this guy in a truck tried to muscle me out of the way (A gradual uphill street that goes from 2 lanes to 1 very abruptly)
and he was allready ahead buy 1 length before :v popped out! we were going about 10-15 mph before I stomped on it!!! THIS IS THE PART I COULDN'T BELIEVE!!! MY TIRES LIGHT UP LIKE CRAZY ON A ROLL!!!(esp was turned off) BUT ESP STILL TRIED TO INTERFEAR, ESP LIGHT WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS OF THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER LIKE IT WAS A VIDEO GAME!!! It was rediculous...I flew by him just laughing and tires screaching till about 30 mph...
It was great I love this car so much now!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 05:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo

30k????What?? Did you blow up your 12 cyl engine
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 AM

NSX
Originally Posted by thericker55
30k????What?? Did you blow up your 12 cyl engine
No, that is 50K (no joke) in a crate. Its listed in the parts catalog and it is 50K.

I don't know honestly how they did 30K worth of work... they replaced all coil packs, the ECU, battery, I had an issue with the window auto rollup and they replaced all those modules, they changed the NAV/DVD, PSE, all related gear, some ball joint up front, etc.

They make **** up sometimes so they can get more money from MB so they can cover "what MB won't pay for" according to themselves... There are items on there I ask about.... "did you replace this? why?".... and the answser is that they "made it up".... but they say they are doing it to help me out because MB won't pay for some things that they feel need changing... I don't know what to believe. Its shady at best.

But there are a couple of feautures and functions on my car now that just do not exist in my model year because so many updates have been done with 05 parts.

I was contemplating buying a CL at one point with no warranty. In fact had I done that, I would have owned a very rare CL63 right now with 60K worth of Renntech upgrades. The car had 7,000 miles only, but was out of factory warranty as it was a 2001. After talking to a few techs they all told me I am insane if I buy a CL with no warranty so I purchsed a CPO and went for 2 extra years (for a total of 5) for an extra 4K.

As appealing as a supercharger upgrade is to me, I just would not do it for this reason only. I just don't want the trans to go bad and then me have to dish out 20K to get a new one installed. Even if its not the supercharger's fault at all, MB will essentialy blame that for anything that goes wrong. I have decided to just keep my car in as flawless a shape as possible, with as low a milage as possible, and upgrade to a CL65 or SL65 in a year or two.

I wish now that I had just gone for the TT or S/C CL from the beginning, but oh well...
Old 08-18-2005, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
No, that is 50K (no joke) in a crate. Its listed in the parts catalog and it is 50K.

I don't know honestly how they did 30K worth of work... they replaced all coil packs, the ECU, battery, I had an issue with the window auto rollup and they replaced all those modules, they changed the NAV/DVD, PSE, all related gear, some ball joint up front, etc.

They make **** up sometimes so they can get more money from MB so they can cover "what MB won't pay for" according to themselves... There are items on there I ask about.... "did you replace this? why?".... and the answser is that they "made it up".... but they say they are doing it to help me out because MB won't pay for some things that they feel need changing... I don't know what to believe. Its shady at best.

But there are a couple of feautures and functions on my car now that just do not exist in my model year because so many updates have been done with 05 parts.

I was contemplating buying a CL at one point with no warranty. In fact had I done that, I would have owned a very rare CL63 right now with 60K worth of Renntech upgrades. The car had 7,000 miles only, but was out of factory warranty as it was a 2001. After talking to a few techs they all told me I am insane if I buy a CL with no warranty so I purchsed a CPO and went for 2 extra years (for a total of 5) for an extra 4K.

As appealing as a supercharger upgrade is to me, I just would not do it for this reason only. I just don't want the trans to go bad and then me have to dish out 20K to get a new one installed. Even if its not the supercharger's fault at all, MB will essentialy blame that for anything that goes wrong. I have decided to just keep my car in as flawless a shape as possible, with as low a milage as possible, and upgrade to a CL65 or SL65 in a year or two.

I wish now that I had just gone for the TT or S/C CL from the beginning, but oh well...
So your CL600 is an 01-02 right? I don't think any CO. even offers a SC for the 12 cyl...So I guess it's a mute point. In your case just better to trade up to a heavily depreciated 65 AMG in a few years and blow everybody away
Old 08-18-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

Talking

Lihn....I can't believe my car now I was driving back home from the gym tonight, on surface streets and....this guy in a truck tried to muscle me out of the way (A gradual uphill street that goes from 2 lanes to 1 very abruptly)
and he was allready ahead buy 1 length before :v popped out! we were going about 10-15 mph before I stomped on it!!! THIS IS THE PART I COULDN'T BELIEVE!!! MY TIRES LIGHT UP LIKE CRAZY ON A ROLL!!!(esp was turned off) BUT ESP STILL TRIED TO INTERFEAR, ESP LIGHT WAS BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS OF THE INSTRUMENT CLUSTER LIKE IT WAS A VIDEO GAME!!! It was rediculous...I flew by him just laughing and tires screaching till about 30 mph...
It was great I love this car so much now!!!!!!!
Sean, we both enjoy so much of our's cars now then before. But it funny that me and you both doing the opposite things with our's cars. I live to take it up there and you like spinning tires all day. I have not once spin the tire yet and you haven't take it up past 130 mph yet.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Sean, we both enjoy so much of our's cars now then before. But it funny that me and you both doing the opposite things with our's cars. I live to take it up there and you like spinning tires all day. I have not once spin the tire yet and you haven't take it up past 130 mph yet.
Oh don't get me wrong my friend...There's just not that much open area in Santa Barbara, to really open her up, cops are hiding everywhere on the freeways up here, but when I get out to where the 101 opens up----- to 4 plus lanes on the way to Ventura and on----look out instant as*hole here!!!! I love charging down the freeway but hate all the cops in my area...I love freeway racing when it's safe enough and more than just 3 little lanes (unless you go north of me to Goleta about 10 miles but still cop city!!!) Lihn you and I will have to freeway race I know your speed limiter is set higher 155 to my 130-135 not sure but I know you'l beat me but I really want to see by just how much on the freeway....... take care Sean.....
Old 08-18-2005, 11:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Lihn side question...can you give me the part## for that rear bumper valince/black plastic diffuser cover by the tail pipes---thank you I'm going to pick one up!!!
Old 08-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Banned

I don't know the part number. Just tell them from a 2003 CL 55
( kompressor version). $60 wholesale price at Hoehn Mercedes in Carlsbad. Asked for Jeff in the wholesale department.
Old 08-19-2005, 12:22 PM

NSX
Its a thin piece of plastic so its inexpensive... the regular price is $75. I picked one up localy after Linh gave me the heads up on it. It does seem to fit into the AMG bumper slot pretty good. But... it has an opening for quad tips and so your bumper will show through half of that opening unless you trim it. It seems to be a good solution for adding a quad exhaust and having it look right with the factory AMG single exhaust bumper. The AMG mufflers are $1800 each however... I got an Eisenhaus quad oval tip exhaust, I am really hoping it will fit in that opening.... I will post when I get it.

At the parts counter they will ask for VIN#'s and stuff, they will give you a hard time about it. I threw my box away but this # is on the back I am not sure if this will help:

A 215.885.08 25 2-ROHR
Old 08-19-2005, 12:25 PM

NSX
So your CL600 is an 01-02 right? I don't think any CO. even offers a SC for the 12 cyl...So I guess it's a mute point. In your case just better to trade up to a heavily depreciated 65 AMG in a few years and blow everybody away
yes its a 2002. Yeah I will wait for a 65.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

V12-Biturbo
Its a thin piece of plastic so its inexpensive... the regular price is $75. I picked one up localy after Linh gave me the heads up on it. It does seem to fit into the AMG bumper slot pretty good. But... it has an opening for quad tips and so your bumper will show through half of that opening unless you trim it. It seems to be a good solution for adding a quad exhaust and having it look right with the factory AMG single exhaust bumper. The AMG mufflers are $1800 each however... I got an Eisenhaus quad oval tip exhaust, I am really hoping it will fit in that opening.... I will post when I get it.

At the parts counter they will ask for VIN#'s and stuff, they will give you a hard time about it. I threw my box away but this # is on the back I am not sure if this will help:

A 215.885.08 25 2-ROHR

Muchos Gracias...thanks a heap man ps..I don't know who quoted you that $ of 1800.00 per AMG muffler but I only paid $2,100.& change brand new quad tipped cat back from my dealership.....

Last edited by Thericker; 08-19-2005 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:03 PM

NSX
Muchos Gracias...thanks a heap man ps..I don't know who quoted you that $ of 1800.00 per AMG muffler but I only paid $2,100.& change brand new quad tipped cat back from my dealership.....
No kidding.... wow.... oh well... too late now the Eisenhaus is coming...