CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Eisenmann exhaust is here!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CL600
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I guess he's right, because the turbo spools from the exhaust therfore muffling the exhaust.

But that raises the question, why does your exhaust say CL55 engraved on it, while AMG2Go's says CL600/500?
I'm not sure about that, but what year is AMG2GO's CL? Is it Bi-Turbo CL600?
coz he said only the new CL55 and Bi-T CL600 is modified to shorter version.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Can't wait to fire up the N/A V12 with this thing and see how it sounds. The tips are angle cut. Should be very unique. Thank you Neal at Eurotek Motorsports for a great price.
First line of this post.. I'm a fricken idiot.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:29 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
I can get the RENNtech deck lid for you guys.

Wicked looking exhaust bro!
Ricky can you or neal PM me a price please? I have a feeling its going to be a lot just because its sold through Renntech.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:36 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by Z3RO
AMG2GO, I ordered for CL600 oval tips, but what I received is engraved for CL55. Here's what I mean... I don't have the extra pipe as shown in the picture.
This picture is exactly how mine looks. I have that extra pipe. My car is an 02 600.

I don't know about the V12 being "quieter" than the V8, but I do know the turbos are like mini-mufflers and a biturbo car is certainly more quiet than an N/A V12.

The only thing that makes me happy and not jealous over bi-turbo owners is that i will probably have a nicer sounding exhaust.... hehe just don't dispute this and rain on my parade. I will find out by Friday.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I know I'll be one of the first to attest to the fact that Eisenmann exhausts sound... WICKED!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:49 PM

NSX
Here are a couple of quick pics with my exhaust installed. I will post more impressions as I spend more time with it... but all I have to say is that I needn't have worried about it being too loud... definitely on the quiet side...
Attached Thumbnails Eisenmann exhaust is here!!-cleisen.jpg   Eisenmann exhaust is here!!-cleisen2.jpg   Eisenmann exhaust is here!!-09-01-05_1957.jpg  

Last edited by AMG2GO; 09-02-2005 at 01:09 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2024 GLE53
Looks Great!!!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 06:35 PM
Banned

06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Look nicesssssssss !!! I see some body COPY my rear bumper mod.
I'm surprised you guys didn't think of it until i mods mine. It sure look much nicer with that blackout cover.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:13 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
Look nicesssssssss !!! I see some body COPY my rear bumper mod.
I'm surprised you guys didn't think of it until i mods mine. It sure look much nicer with that blackout cover.
Yeah Linh, props goes to you on that one , I probably would not have thought of it. I had to use quite a bit of moulding tape, and I had to trim the edges, but it made a nice clean opening for the exhaust. I was hoping that the tips and the opening would line up, I mean it was a shot in the dark, but it worked for the most part. Took me about an hour, some moulding tape, a sharp exacto knife to trim the outer edges a bit (its a hair too wide), and voila... we have a quad tip exhaust on a CL600 bumper. Something I had been investigating for months.

Guys this is the factory trim piece off a CL55 rear end... I thought it was "part" of the bumper, but found out its a seperate piece thanks to Linh (CLK&SLK)... not only that but it almost perfectly fits into the CL500/600 and pre '03 CL55 AMG bumper that is a different shape. It is a beautiful solution to cover any imperfections from trimming the factory bumper.

I did have to enlarge the opening of my factory bumper for the quad tips... I went to check up on the exhaust shop and the guy with the rotozip in his hand was sweating bullets... he said "my ***** are in my throat standing here with a saw in one hand and the bumper of a $140,000 car in the other".... hehe He did a good job... but the black trim covers any imperfections. I am very happy overall with the outcome. Will soon post driving and sound impressions and a sound clip.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 09-01-2005 at 07:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AMG2GO
I did have to enlarge the opening of my factory bumper for the quad tips... I went to check up on the exhaust shop and the guy with the rotozip in his hand was sweating bullets... he said "my ***** are in my throat standing here with a saw in one hand and the bumper of a $140,000 car in the other".... hehe He did a good job... but the black trim covers any imperfections. I am very happy overall with the outcome. Will soon post driving and sound impressions and a sound clip.

If anyone else want to do this mods, regardless if you have quad exhaust or not, you still have to cut the bumper exhaust open for it to look right. Cutting it is very easy, i just pre-install the colver then use a marker to draw where i need to cut then just use the one of those hand held PC board lead cutter. It was very easy.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
V12-Biturbo
Looks good but...Aren't the tips just a hair to long? looks like they stick out to far from the bumper
Old 09-01-2005, 09:58 PM
Banned

AMG2GO ,

You got mail.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:27 PM

NSX
No they really don't stick out far at all, I think you may be seeing the reflection of the pipe in the black trim piece... I need to take some better pics. These were done by my mobile phone.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:35 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by Clk&Slk
AMG2GO ,

You got mail.
didn't get anything Linh. PM me.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:41 PM

300E
Can you guys tell me more about that trim?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:08 PM

NSX
Originally Posted by S_kLaSse
Can you guys tell me more about that trim?
Yes me and Linh have them for sale, for $650.

Its the trim piece that fits into the bumper of an '03 up CL55. Its like a 95% fit... it is a hair too wide but its really thin plastic and you can trim it with a razor blade. Its $75 at the dealer. You will have to get some good double stick tape and layer it thick to get it to go on. What else do you want to know?
Old 09-02-2005, 04:20 PM

NSX
Mi impressions of the sound

Guys when my car was on the lift, and we had cut off the factory pipes, I lowered the car and started it. Without the mufflers... it was, surprisingly quiet.... it did not sound great.... I was shocked at how quiet the 12 is without its mufflers. The cats and the resonators really quieten this car down. After the Eisen install, the sound was a bit quieter, but a lot deeper.

Overall, with the sport Eisen, my car is still what I would call pretty quiet. Which is what I wanted. The current exhaust tone is very.... different. Hard to describe because I am not used to that kinda sound from a car. There is a deep Vroom on startup.. then it settles in... and is almost silent like the factory... a CL55 in comparison has a deep "burble".... but in this car, its a very smooth sound... its as if you cannot hear the individual cylinders fire as they overlap... on cruise, the car is perhaps 5-10% louder than stock... at WOT, the car wails.... its a very ditinct and unique sound... a real demonic howl.... people look. Its still not crazy loud, but now you can actually hear the V12. And it sounds really good.

I am very conservative.... for some, it may be too quiet without going to the eisen resonators or the race system. To me, it is perfect. Just how I would have wanted it. The car is exciting to drive. I roll all the windows down now... I tried to get a video clip but from inside the car, you hear almost nothing. I will try to get one standing next to the exhaust.

The system is well built, the 4 oval tips look great and fit well into the factory trim piece. But you have to CUT your factory pipe and add this... there is no flange.... not my favorite thing to do, but it it works OK. Eisenhaus simply lists the quad tip exhausts for sale for any CL, but they will NOT fit without a bumper mod like I have done. They need to make a note of that and sell the single tip only to anyone that is not going to trim the openning. Also, if I am correct, I think the pipe is aluminized steel, not stainless steel like the mufflers and tips. It would have been nice to have it all stainless.

Overall, it definitely gets my recommendation. The factory CL600 is too quiet for anyone under 90. The V12 has a beautiful sound and the engineers should be shot for burying it under.... ummm.... mufflation. :p It was well worth my investment. I want to again thank Neal at Euroteck Motorsports for hooking me up.

Last edited by AMG2GO; 09-02-2005 at 07:04 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Banned

AMG2GO,

PM send again.
Old 09-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Guys when my car was on the lift, and we had cut off the factory pipes, I lowered the car and started it. Without the mufflers... it was, surprisingly quiet.... it did not sound great.... I was shocked at how quiet the 12 is without its mufflers. The cats and the resonators really quieten this car down. After the Eisen install, the sound was a bit quieter, but a lot deeper.

Overall, with the sport Eisen, my car is still what I would call pretty quiet. Which is what I wanted. The current exhaust tone is very.... different. Hard to describe because I am not used to that kinda sound from a car. There is a deep Vroom on startup.. then it settles in... and is almost silent like the factory... a CL55 in comparison has a deep "burble".... but in this car, its a very smooth sound... its as if you cannot hear the individual cylinders fire as they overlap... on cruise, the car is perhaps 5-10% louder than stock... at WOT, the car wails.... its a very ditinct and unique sound... a real demonic howl.... people look. Its still not crazy loud, but now you can actually hear the V12. And it sounds really good.

I am very conservative.... for some, it may be too quiet without going to the eisen resonators or the race system. To me, it is perfect. Just how I would have wanted it. The car is exciting to drive. I roll all the windows down now... I tried to get a video clip but from inside the car, you hear almost nothing. I will try to get one standing next to the exhaust.

The system is well built, the 4 oval tips look great and fit well into the factory trim piece. But you have to CUT your factory pipe and add this... there is no flange.... not my favorite thing to do, but it it works OK. Eisenhaus simply lists the quad tip exhausts for sale for any CL, but they will NOT fit without a bumper mod like I have done. They need to make a note of that and sell the single tip only to anyone that is not going to trim the openning. Also, if I am correct, I think the pipe is aluminized steel, not stainless steel like the mufflers and tips. It would have been nice to have it all stainless.

Overall, it definitely gets my recommendation. The factory CL600 is too quiet for anyone under 90. The V12 has a beautiful sound and the engineers should be shot for burying it under.... ummm.... mufflation. :p It was well worth my investment. I want to again thank Neal at Euroteck Motorsports for hooking me up.
David

I am very happy to see that you satisfied with the exhuast. Looks awesome installed! Have fun with it!

Thanks again!
Old 09-03-2005, 06:16 AM

'03 CL600
Yes me and Linh have them for sale, for $650.

Its the trim piece that fits into the bumper of an '03 up CL55. Its like a 95% fit... it is a hair too wide but its really thin plastic and you can trim it with a razor blade. Its $75 at the dealer. You will have to get some good double stick tape and layer it thick to get it to go on. What else do you want to know?
Do you have any closer pic of the trim? I might be interested..
Old 09-03-2005, 10:22 AM

NSX
What part do you want a closer up picture of? Its kinda hard to take a closeup and get the whole thing into the picture as it is very long. But I will try to take another picture...

Man the more I drive the car, the more I love the sound it now makes... it just sings! Car feels faster too... I may be imagining things, maybe, but it sure feels more responsive.