CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

High rev missfire

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 GMC Sierra
High rev missfire

Has anyone had a high rev missfire? When I accelerate fully, the check engine light comes on and then the car starts to miss. I turn the car off and after a few minutes or hours the miss goes away but the check engine lamp remains. I have had it to a MB mechanic and they want to change the plugs in #2 cylinder. To me this looks like a fishing expedition to find my Visa card, they really do not know how much the repair will cost and if that will indead repair the problem. I took it to Fleecer Jones and they want about $100-250 to diagnose the problem, then no one knows if the extended warranty will cover the repair. German Motors said that if I replaced all the spark plugs the labor would be $850 and the plugs $240, almost $1,100 to change the plugs!!

I have had a plug foul out before but never have I seen it "get better", once it is fouled it does not work. So why would they want to replace the plug?This is a mystry to me. The Beru 14 F 7-DPUR X 2 plugs are also hard to find, they had to order them from California.

Ed