CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Auxillary Unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-07-2002, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxillary Unit

It seems the trend these days by car manufacturer's to cut down cost is to get rid of the casette deck. First I saw it in the Altima, then the new Accord, the protoge, the new 6 and then mercedes surprised me by then knocking it off on their new lines. I know BMW still keeps then even the new 7 has one hidden somewhere I believe.

I know I am of a dying breed specifically always looking for one when I look around for a car but there is a reason- my mp3 player. While the casette deck is antiquated, it hooks me up to the future by letting me connect my mp3 player via car kit to my current 500. It does look a bid odd with the flap down and the wire coming out but it suits the purpose. I was just wondering how would one connect an mp3 player (in a discman form) in the new CL without any complex and ugly wiring and if there is an auxillary unit anywhere else in the console.
Old 08-07-2002, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
There is not a AUX jack like the C-Class has. Without some hardware modification which will void the warranty on the COMAND unit, there really isnt a way to accomplish this.