CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

engine ticking, the dealer told me that the oil is not

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 CL500
engine ticking, the dealer told me that the oil is not

circulated throughout something (i don't remember). that it is harmless and nothing to worry about since the ticking while engine running goes away after few minutes of driving. he said some benzes do that and some don't but it is nothing to worry about..i don't feel the same way and it makes my car feel old, like it was an 80s volvo...putt! putt!
Old 07-15-2006, 12:24 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by phat-ho
circulated throughout something (i don't remember). that it is harmless and nothing to worry about since the ticking while engine running goes away after few minutes of driving. he said some benzes do that and some don't but it is nothing to worry about..i don't feel the same way and it makes my car feel old, like it was an 80s volvo...putt! putt!

Mine does the same thing... sounds like the car is going give up on me in one of these day. Hope that it is normal. For suck an expensive machine like this..that shouldn't happen. That sucks... afraid to take it into the dealer...they might try to find some **** to do just to make some money.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Haha APD... Mine does the same and my sentiments echo yours. I figured it was normal. But on an unrelated topic, my rear shade all of a sudden stopped working yesterday. Is there any fuse for it or something (and if there is, where is it? - Doesn't tell me that in the manual)? I don't think that the rear shade motor gave out. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

deviilsadvocate,

sorry bro...I don't have rear shade on my CL. wished i did, looks pretty high end with it. so did u ever got that fix. been working on getting an M3 or an Audi tt as my daily driver...afraid the CL will give out on me and it might cost a lot to maintance.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:43 PM

Hey APDesign, what's up? Haven't gotten it fixed yet. I haven't had the time for much. But As soon as I do I will let you know. I thought all CL's came with the rear shade? Don't they? Hmm..