CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

ABC Light warning question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00 CL 500
ABC Light warning question

I washed my car on sunday, and drove no more then 10 miles. Then Monday and tuesday it sat in the garage..

This morning i decided i want to take my CL to work, so i got in and turned my car on and turn on the headlights and i got a "ABC Drive Carefully" So i was like what the heck?? i backed the car few inches and then put it back in D and drove up. Then i turned the car off. Then i turned the car back on and the light was gone... Then drove 13 miles to work and the light has not come on....

I looked at the body and it does not appear to be dropped...

Can someone advise.. Is my ABC pump going out?? Are these the indications?

could it be that the car was parked for 2 days the sensors picked it up??

its freaken me out...
Old 09-06-2006, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
These cars do drop and that will cause the ABC light to come on. However, droping in 2 days is another story. If I let my '02 sit for more that a week, the front will start to drop and the light will come on after it is started, saying not to drive the car. After it is started and PUT INTO GEAR, the front comes right up, the light goes out and is all is fine. Actually, I've let it sit for several weeks and the front looks like it buttoms out. I've had it checked out by MB and they tell me this is normal and that the hydrolic system will have internal leaks.
What I would do is keep my eye on it, making sure you have no leaks, and if it the light continues to come on after 2 days, I would get it looked at. Be sure to measure the height between the fenders and the tire when you park it. That way you'll know what corner is droping if that is your problem. I do know that when I first took my car in, they flushed the system and installed a new filter. It didn't solve anything but the book says to do this. Perhaps this would help you. Good luck.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

2001,CL 500
when i first bought my car it arrived with the same light..then a few days later the light went from drive carefully to visit workshop.....when it says drive carefully that really means drive carefully as it could fail the suspension any minute...so under 50 is a good idea....anyway once they fixed my pump one day it came back and said abc drive carefully again..i shut it off and turned it back on and it went away like yours...so maybe its just a glitch...
Old 09-06-2006, 03:49 PM

00 CL 500
Originally Posted by blahzayblah
when i first bought my car it arrived with the same light..then a few days later the light went from drive carefully to visit workshop.....when it says drive carefully that really means drive carefully as it could fail the suspension any minute...so under 50 is a good idea....anyway once they fixed my pump one day it came back and said abc drive carefully again..i shut it off and turned it back on and it went away like yours...so maybe its just a glitch...

I hope so...

Only time will tell... lets see...
Old 09-08-2006, 05:00 PM

2003 CL500
blahzay, where art thou honeys? i need them for a quick appearance at freaky foam friday at the masquerade.