CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Any problem-free CL's out there?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 08:11 AM

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
W215 CL500 2005
Originally Posted by Matthew Bryan
I’ve had my cl 500 for 8 years It’s a year 2000 that came without navigation screen ..never seen that in another cl w215
Anyway
today I just completed its 286000 mile
never had a transmission issue or fluid change throughout its 19 yr life and it came with history as long as my arm! Every single receipt and repair
In 19 years
Replaced two abc high pressure lines with higher rated ones that I had made at the local hydraulics hose place..$35 each
its on its second ABC pump and I replaced all the o rings in the ABC valves ....less than 3 bucks but 2 hours of work
one ride sensor required replacing
two suspension struts have been replaced
wires in door repaired
washer bottle sensor replaced
one seat squab
every ball joint and bushing on suspension has been replaced some two or three times .
wheel bearings still good
still has original exhaust system
They where built pretty well I think and running on propane really economical to run with propane half the price ...tank in wheel well..
I have seen one without nav screen...just a cubby hole...strange. But, you could buy an Android unit and get all the functionality and more. All you need is a facelift centre console.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CL500
I bought mine knowing abc pump was noisy and had it replaced by local Indy along with hoses and seals. Worked ok but Indy not happy as it was noisy. Referred to Mb who replaced pump under warranty at no cost to me. Car due to be returned, call from garage to say pump fitted but faulty so another pump had to be ordered. Since fitted and no problems as yet, time will tell. A bit disappointed that a new pump from Mb was faulty on fitting though.

retired so car does very low miles, it had 70k when purchased, just love the styling of the car, let heart rule brain but hey it is my money!
Old 05-11-2019, 08:25 PM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2007 S550 & 2009 CL63 AMG & 2009 BMW 328i Convertible
Problem free

I have been trucking along for a while with my "Problem free CL600" I sorted out a few issues and I am loving this mean machine. As much as I hate to do it, I will be swapping out the radio. The lack of technology in my TTCL600 is out dated. I ordered one from AliExpress Quad core 4G Ram. It will maintain the factory look. I will have to change out the amplifier. I plan to use two smaller amplifiers so they can fit where the CD changer is and the old amplifier.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
CL55
'07 CL600 owner for 2 years, bought it with 72K from original owner who took great care of it.

I looked at many other vehicles from Maserati, Bentley GT and BMW 750IL and the CL600 was the best look IMO, but thanks to this website I went in eyes wide open on the problems I was going to accept.

So far...
Changed oil, trans fluid, brake pads when I purchased car at 72K for preventative measure $600
ABC pulsation dampner noisy $500
Windshield Washer pump fail $120
Rear window control $450
Coolant leak from turbo o-rings $650
Radiator cracked $900

current mileage $87K

still love the car