CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Opinions Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Opinions Please!

I have an 01 Cl600 that I purchased about a month and half ago which I like very much. However, many people around me have been telling me that this make and model is going to cause me a lot of headaches...with that said, I already had to put 7k worth of repairs into it. It's still in the shop as we speak for an abc pump replacement. My question to all of you is, if I get the car back and it runs perfect, would it be wise to keep it or to sell it for what its worth and look into a different car...perhaps a CL55? Any opinion will be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:38 PM

2003 CL600
Depending on what your budget is, its always better to get a car with some sort of warranty, especially when you enter into the high dollar cars. It seems as though a lot of CL's get a bad rap about them, but they are still considered "supercars." If your budget allows you to get a more current CL with an extended warranty or the like, I would definitely go that route. Plus, with the newer 55/600's, you're getting close to 500hp stock and with a simple ecu tune, you're looking at 600+hp!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
Originally Posted by mikracer
Depending on what your budget is, its always better to get a car with some sort of warranty, especially when you enter into the high dollar cars. It seems as though a lot of CL's get a bad rap about them, but they are still considered "supercars." If your budget allows you to get a more current CL with an extended warranty or the like, I would definitely go that route. Plus, with the newer 55/600's, you're getting close to 500hp stock and with a simple ecu tune, you're looking at 600+hp!
With the 55 you will need more than a simple ECU tune to get 600+hp. With Renntech you will need a larger pulley, 80mm throttle body, carbon fiber air box, headers and an ECU upgrade to get 598hp. With the 600 you can get 600hp+ with an ECU and Transmission Computer upgrade.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:52 PM

Yes!
Bktcl600

First and foremost,

Buy some kind of warranty. If the factory warranty is finished, do yourself a favor and buy an extended warranty. Currently, I'm in the process of extending my extended warranty up to 111,000 miles (I have 72k right now). You'll need to have a strong stomach because when something goes wrong, it'll be in the shop for a while depending on your mechanic/dealer. However, the good thing is that the dashboard will tell you most of the problems that occur. I myself have spent over $8,000 in out-of-pocket repairs. But, you know, I love this car and "almost" everything about it. An AMG is bit more performance oriented than the 600, but, I think, the 6 gives the best luxury and performance. Finally, be meticulous about maintenance! Get the Service A and Bs done promptly, change the oil every 5k instead of the recommended 10k miles, get good brake pads (i.e. Akebono instead of OEM), great tires (Michelin, Yokos, etc). Besides that, have fun with it because after all, it is the flagship for Mercedes-Benz.

FYI,
Mo
Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Thanks for your opinions. I must agree with the extended warranty. However, I haven't had any luck finding one here in California. Looks as if most of the people on here who has an extended warranty are from out of state. Anyone know of any warranty programs for my vehicle in Califonia? It currently has 65K on it.