CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL600 With AMG Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'03 CL600, '03 Caddy Escalade EXT,'72 Chevy Nova (Hot Rod)
CL600 With AMG Exhaust

Does anyony know what it would take to replace the stock CL600 muffler system with the AMG Quad setup? Is it as simple as a muffler swap or does it involve hacking up the current exhaust system? I found the attached photo online and I am definitely interested in making the switch.
Attached Thumbnails CL600 With AMG Exhaust-cl600amgexh.jpg  
Old 10-21-2007, 10:56 AM

Been discussed a million times, just still don't have the answer to it.. LOL.. Anyone that could help? (And by help I don't mean referring us to a different thread..) - Maybe post a place to get the quad tips or possibly a step by step?

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
i doubt it would take a whole system change, if u already have a 600 then all ur changing would be the mufflers and maybe pipes?

your set up would run you some money, you sure you wanna do the AMG one and not an aftermarket one? i have a RENNTech exhaust on mine, and next to my dudes AMG, it SQUAT's on his, mine just sounds like i started a Vett or something, lol. sorry, get a lil excited lol.

anyways, if u just want the TIPS, just buy those

ALi
Old 10-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the replies. I spoke with Renntech and the Rep informed me that I would would probably be wasting money on the aftermarket setup if I was looking for a performance increase since I have a turbo engine. He said that it wouldn't really be effective since my exhaust runs through the turbos before making it to the mufflers thereby reducing the velocity quite a bit and whatever effect a quad setup would have on the system as compared to a normally aspirated or supercharged engine as found on the CL500 and CL55. I guess that makes sense.

So if I wanted to move forward with a set of their aftermarket quad mufflers it would cost me around $4,000...just for looks and maybe a little difference in sound. I was wondering why all of the sound bites on the aftermarket exhaust sites always featured a CL500 instead of the CL600...Because it probably still sounded like a stock setup.

He also informed me that the exhaust tubing for the 600 from the engine back is larger than the 500 but smaller than the 55, so for them it would be pretty much a custom job. I guess I'll settle for fitting quad tips on the mufflers that I have. Maybe he'll sell me some Renntech tips that I can have attached by a custom shop...just a thought. Further input would be greatly appreciated.

I found another pic of a CL600 with the Quad setup. Looks good even without the rear bumper swap.
Attached Thumbnails CL600 With AMG Exhaust-cl600quad.jpg  
Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by BigE
I guess I'll settle for fitting quad tips on the mufflers that I have. Maybe he'll sell me some Renntech tips that I can have attached by a custom shop...just a thought. Further input would be greatly appreciated.

i think you know just what you should do.... just make sure its done well and make sure u are satesfied before paying, eveness is crutial

ALi
Old 10-23-2007, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,073 Likes on 860 Posts
E55, GLS450, GL63, GLE350
He also informed me that the exhaust tubing for the 600 from the engine back is larger than the 500 but smaller than the 55, so for them it would be pretty much a custom job. I guess I'll settle for fitting quad tips on the mufflers that I have. Maybe he'll sell me some Renntech tips that I can have attached by a custom shop...just a thought. Further input would be greatly appreciated.

I found another pic of a CL600 with the Quad setup. Looks good even without the rear bumper swap.
I don't think the info on the exhaust size is correct. The 600 appears to have dual 3" exhaust and I can't imagine the CL55 has bigger exhaust pipes than 3".
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM

2003 CL600
Hey Thats My Car

Thanks for the replies. I spoke with Renntech and the Rep informed me that I would would probably be wasting money on the aftermarket setup if I was looking for a performance increase since I have a turbo engine. He said that it wouldn't really be effective since my exhaust runs through the turbos before making it to the mufflers thereby reducing the velocity quite a bit and whatever effect a quad setup would have on the system as compared to a normally aspirated or supercharged engine as found on the CL500 and CL55. I guess that makes sense.

So if I wanted to move forward with a set of their aftermarket quad mufflers it would cost me around $4,000...just for looks and maybe a little difference in sound. I was wondering why all of the sound bites on the aftermarket exhaust sites always featured a CL500 instead of the CL600...Because it probably still sounded like a stock setup.

This is the Eisenmann Race exhaust. I am not sure if there is a performance edge, but it sure sounds mean as hell.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:45 PM

Hey Giggalo, thanks for sharing the picture of your car and giving me some inspiration. So the Eisenmann exhaust really does make a big difference in the way a 600 sounds...I think I was kinda mislead by the Renntech rep. He said that the 600 wouldn't/couldn't sound mean like a CL55, Vette or any N/A car. I guess he was wrong. Do you have any sound bites of your car posted anywhere?
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM

2003 CL600
here

Hey Giggalo, thanks for sharing the picture of your car and giving me some inspiration. So the Eisenmann exhaust really does make a big difference in the way a 600 sounds...I think I was kinda mislead by the Renntech rep. He said that the 600 wouldn't/couldn't sound mean like a CL55, Vette or any N/A car. I guess he was wrong. Do you have any sound bites of your car posted anywhere?
is a pretty ghetto self made video of the cl with the eisenmann.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEiIho-PA9w