CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Possible group buy?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Possible group buy?

I understand that a lot of you guys have the AMG front bumper. I've been debating whether I should go with the AMG version or the Wald front lip as seen in the CL picture thread (silver 02' CL55).

Does anyone know if there's any vendor who may be interested in organizing a group buy for this item? If enough interest can be generated, it may be a good idea for a few of us to buy this item for a little less than the retail price.

The same also goes for 03+ taillights and other popular mods. I am sure given enough buyers, the benefits of buying these items for less will go to everyone.

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
Old 01-27-2008, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big and Heavy 03 CL
[QUOTE=Baby ///M3;2620690]I understand that a lot of you guys have the AMG front bumper. I've been debating whether I should go with the AMG version or the Wald front lip as seen in the CL picture thread (silver 02' CL55).

Does anyone know if there's any vendor who may be interested in organizing a group buy for this item? If enough interest can be generated, it may be a good idea for a few of us to buy this item for a little less than the retail price.

The same also goes for 03+ taillights and other popular mods. I am sure given enough buyers, the benefits of buying these items for less will go to everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Actually, Neal from Eurtech is currently making a carbon fiber front lip for us. It will fit 03 to 06 AMG models or non AMG sport models. He is organizing a group buy for all of us. Check out my thread "Anyone interested in a CF lip."
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM

Mercedes CL500
Thanks for your help Jay.

However, unless I am wrong I think thus far the vendor's interested in making a front lip spoiler for AMG cars or only CLs with AMG front bumpers.

I've already asked around and a Wald front lip (can be used only with non-AMG front bumper) is about $700 or so without painting and installation. It would be nice to buy one for a little less in a group buy.

Jon

[QUOTE=Jay9722;2620697]
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
I understand that a lot of you guys have the AMG front bumper. I've been debating whether I should go with the AMG version or the Wald front lip as seen in the CL picture thread (silver 02' CL55).

Thanks in advance.

Actually, Neal from Eurtech is currently making a carbon fiber front lip for us. It will fit 03 to 06 AMG models or non AMG sport models. He is organizing a group buy for all of us. Check out my thread "Anyone interested in a CF lip."
Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
The point I was making was in reference to your indecision about going with either the Wald or the AMG bumper. I was steering you in the direction of the AMG bumper so you could partake in the group buy and affix a new CF lip to your very cool AMG bumper. The only vendor making a CF lip for our cars is Eurotech, and yes, it is for the AMG or "sport" bumper. Join us. I would gladly help you in your search for an inexpensive AMG bumper.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:33 PM

Mercedes CL500
Thanks for the heads up again.

I'll do some researches and figure out if I'll have to replace anything else such as the headlight/grills/brackets/fog lights for the 03+ AMG bumper.

I would appreciate your help if there's anyway to find an inexpensive used AMG bumper.

The more cost efficient way is the better to go for sure.

Jon

Originally Posted by Jay9722
The point I was making was in reference to your indecision about going with either the Wald or the AMG bumper. I was steering you in the direction of the AMG bumper so you could partake in the group buy and affix a new CF lip to your very cool AMG bumper. The only vendor making a CF lip for our cars is Eurotech, and yes, it is for the AMG or "sport" bumper. Join us. I would gladly help you in your search for an inexpensive AMG bumper.

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 01-27-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:45 PM

Hey Baby, I'll go in with you on the wald font lip if we can get some sort of group buy.. No interest on the rear as well?

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3

Thanks in advance.

Jon

Last edited by deviilsadvocate; 01-27-2008 at 07:52 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:49 PM

Mercedes CL500
deviil,

If there's enough interest, I'll contact the vendor and keep in touch with him for updates.

If we can generate more than 5 people on the list, then I am sure something can be worked out.

Jon

Originally Posted by deviilsadvocate
Hey Baby, I'll go in with you on the wald font lip if we can get some sprt of group buy.. No interest on the rear as well?