CL powered seats: Please try and see

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
CL powered seats: Please try and see

Guys,

If any of you could please do me a favor.

Please try the "forward" and "backward" button only on your powered seats. And see if your headrests will mysteriously change position.

I was toying with my seats earlier today and found out that whenever I move my seats forward and backward, my driver and passenger side headrests will go up and down involuntarily for no reason. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Jon
Old 02-21-2008, 08:09 PM

s65
The CL seats anticipate driver height by measuring seat position. So the farther back your seat is the taller you are and the higher your headrest is anticipated to be...... normal
Old 02-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Guys,

If any of you could please do me a favor.

Please try the "forward" and "backward" button only on your powered seats. And see if your headrests will mysteriously change position.

I was toying with my seats earlier today and found out that whenever I move my seats forward and backward, my driver and passenger side headrests will go up and down involuntarily for no reason. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance.

Jon

yes, it is normal. If you move the seat back, it is assumed it is for a taller person, iew. the headrest should be higher.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:35 PM

Mercedes CL500
Thanks for your feedbacks!

I've just tried mine and yes, the headrests do become progressively higher when the seats are moved backward.

However, my passenger side headrest has a very smooth 2-3 stage progressive movement when I moved the seat all the way back from the front. My driver side headrest, however, needs to take 10-12 tad movements before the headrest will fully extend itself to the tallest position when the seat is being moved back. I guess the driver seat headrest motor is going?

Jon