Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Cl 500
Originally Posted by Jay9722
ALi,
Man I wish MB would be a little bit more consistant. They told me that it was just the system regulating itself after sitting at idle for 10 minutes. That it reduces the pressure in the system and lowers itself to the lowest setting. My ride is great, I have zero problems, so I won't take it in. I hate to risk them messing with the system and really mucking things up.
Lol I hear ya. But I think something is up with my ride? I drove a E and a C class and BOTH had minor feeling in the seat when going over bumps(and carelessly I might add) But In my car, The ride Kinda feels........ Used up.

What is the ride, all air or partly shocks?

ALi
Old 02-26-2008, 07:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Ali, I think you need to have a tech listen to it on a cold start. Again, I believe you have piston slap since the noise goes away after warm up. This sounds like what the tech is basically saying in letting it warm up. There is no way a bearing in the tensioner or related part making that type of noise is going to rattle when cold and then quiet down to normal after warm up.
You could also call the service manager and explain the noise to him and ask about possible piston slap with these engines. If it is slap, I personally wouldn't worry about it as many Hi Perf engines have it.
As far as adding tranny fluid to the oil, I wouldn't do it as it will not clean your valves because if it did, you'd be burning oil. If you want to clean the valves, try Seafoam or Chevron Injector Cleaner. These products are added to the fuel, not oil. Good luck!

Last edited by Jud Chapin; 02-26-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Cl 500
thanks Jud, i have a list of things to get done and Sea foam is on that list.
just gotta figure out how to get a tech out while I haven't started it, road side assistance anyone? lol

ALi
Old 03-03-2008, 11:17 PM

I can't afford
from what you described, I can not hear the video at work.

AC compressor is my guess. Could also be a pulley.