CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Need You Help And Advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2008 | 09:12 PM

2006 CL500
Need You Help And Advice

Purchased a 2006 cl 500 Brand new about 8 month ago. I got a really good deal cause it was an 06. Had the car for 3 month and pops wrecks the car. My insurance geicko does not want to total the car cause the damage to the car was about $36,000.00. So they told only thing they can do is to get the car fixed.

I get the car fixed ad now there are nothing but problems. I have to take the car back to the dealer 3 times and now I am having transmission issues. The car has problem shifting. I contacted geicko and they tell me since I did not use one of their approved shops their is nothing they can do.

WHAT Should I DO. I AM NEW to this forum so any help is always appreciated in advance, thnx.
Old 03-10-2008 | 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by khaqan
Purchased a 2006 cl 500 Brand new about 8 month ago. I got a really good deal cause it was an 06. Had the car for 3 month and pops wrecks the car. My insurance geicko does not want to total the car cause the damage to the car was about $36,000.00. So they told only thing they can do is to get the car fixed.

I get the car fixed ad now there are nothing but problems. I have to take the car back to the dealer 3 times and now I am having transmission issues. The car has problem shifting. I contacted geicko and they tell me since I did not use one of their approved shops their is nothing they can do.

WHAT Should I DO. I AM NEW to this forum so any help is always appreciated in advance, thnx.
Welcome to the Forum. The first thing I would do is fill out your profile so that members of the Forum can better help you. Not knowing where you live is an example. Assuming you live in the States, I would contact your state insurance commissioner and describe your problem to him/her and see what advice they provide. If Giecko requires (per your policy) that you use their approved shops, this may be difficult, if not impossible, to overcome. Out of curiosity, why didn't you follow their requirements? Good luck and hope you get this worked out to your satisfaction.