01' CL600 Clock/Time issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 CL600
Question 01' CL600 Clock/Time issue.

Hey everyone
My name is Serge and I own a 2001 CL 600, I’m new to this forum and this is my first post so I might have some tech. difficulties with posting pictures and so on, so please bear with me. I have searched a couple forums and Google, also my MB Manual and I cannot find a solution to this issue. The only thing i found is how to set up the Main computer clock and that is not what I’m looking for. So I need your help.

Link to what I found on this Forum:
https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...ht=clock+cl600

Here is my problem:
The clock/time display on the main computer/navigation screen is correct (and it seems to be updated automatically), but the clock/time display under my tachometer (picture attached) is one hour behind and is not updated automatically. So my problem is I do not know how to change the time in the display window under my tachometer (I guess you have to do it manually).

Anyone had this problem before?

Thank you,

-Serge
Old 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Here is the quick and dirty way.

Hit the System Key on the command. Change the Time zone to the one next to you. Then in a week or 2 when it changes back. Go back to the correct time zone.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 CL55
This one is interesting . . . many have viewed the post but it doesn't appear many, if any, have replicated the same problem, myself included. I'm at a loss to know what is happening. The quick and dirty way above might work.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
My instrument panel clock has not adjusted for Daylight Savings. I've had the car for 4 years and it has always been done automatically by the GPS, I assume. Other than going through a complicated procedure in the Navigation Sys., I find no directions in the manual showing how to reset the time. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?
Old 03-22-2008, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
This happened when the Govt. changed the dates for Daylight Savings time to take effect. Normally the car will do it on its own based on the OLD change dates that are in the Command Software. So until MBZ updates the software on our cars. "Fat Chance". Our cars will be off for the few weeks that the dates of the Old Change of time vs. New change of time. My way to get around it is to just change the "time zone" the car is set to for those few weeks of difference.

If you guys are still having issues I can sit down and do a detailed procedure. So you dont spend a 1/2 Hour hacking in your Command Head.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by bltserv
This happened when the Govt. changed the dates for Daylight Savings time to take effect. Normally the car will do it on its own based on the OLD change dates that are in the Command Software. So until MBZ updates the software on our cars. "Fat Chance". Our cars will be off for the few weeks that the dates of the Old Change of time vs. New change of time. My way to get around it is to just change the "time zone" the car is set to for those few weeks of difference.

If you guys are still having issues I can sit down and do a detailed procedure. So you dont spend a 1/2 Hour hacking in your Command Head.
Thanks for the info. I think I'll wait rather than screw around with the computer.