CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

What do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
oh and if you make all these hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, why would you buy a used 2000 S430 with 55,000 miles on it? just curious
Old 01-23-2003, 03:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by zindallas
I'm a banker. Can't compete with Stevo, but here's my setup in Dallas.

Z
investment banker or just a banker?

any of you in here lawyers or know if the job market for lawyers will be good at all in 5-6 years?
Old 01-23-2003, 03:51 AM

2007 Mercedes S550 Brabus
To; Petie

Even Million dollar man can drive used cars, Petie. I do not agree with you that people who make half million dollar cannot drive used cars.

They may just want used cars because of many many reasons.

I am 22 years old and yes I do drive CLK430 convertible. It doesn't mean that I am rich. I could afford it, but not rich as other MB owners. People with a lot of $$ drive MB. BUT!!! NOT ALWAYS.

There are so many people who can barely afford MBZ and having a hard time to pay off their monthly payment. (just for show off and they live in a small apartment and no cash in a pocket). I know that for sure.

My neighbor who lives right next of my house, make more than $5 million a year. Have you heard "ToDai"? of He owns a bunch of restaurants in different cities. Guess what he is dring... will you believe that if he drives 99 Ford Expedition? and old BMW 525i.

Remember Petie, there are many people out there how to save money and drive Ford, even though they can "easily" afford Ferrari or Rolls Royce.

In my opinion, I don't think there are many people who are really rich enough to drive MBZ. People who make at least a half million dollar a year wouldn't have any time to spend in here and giggling with other members.
Old 01-23-2003, 01:11 PM

petie, im 18 and driving an s-class, ur what, like 30 and driving what? a clk-class?

nuff said

and i did pay for it, i despise kids who get cars more than $5K from their parents, i had to work for my car and i did.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by apricotscrub
petie, im 18 and driving an s-class, ur what, like 30 and driving what? a clk-class?

nuff said

and i did pay for it, i despise kids who get cars more than $5K from their parents, i had to work for my car and i did.
good try chief, know what you are talking about before you speak, im 19.

and i believe thats "nuff" said as you so kindly pointed out, i wasnt being an ***, i was asking questions that you preempted by telling us how badass you are because of your successful job and lots of money, so dont get mad when logical questions get brought up, i was just curious, is there a reason you havent addressed the questions that i and others have asked you?

"nuff" said.

oh and i "despise" people that think having money or a nice car makes them a badass
Old 01-23-2003, 02:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Re: To; Petie

Originally posted by BlackBaby
Even Million dollar man can drive used cars, Petie. I do not agree with you that people who make half million dollar cannot drive used cars.

I am 22 years old and yes I do drive CLK430 convertible. It doesn't mean that I am rich. I could afford it, but not rich as other MB owners. People with a lot of $$ drive MB. BUT!!! NOT ALWAYS.

There are so many people who can barely afford MBZ and having a hard time to pay off their monthly payment. (just for show off and they live in a small apartment and no cash in a pocket). I know that for sure.

My neighbor who lives right next of my house, make more than $5 million a year. Have you heard "ToDai"? of He owns a bunch of restaurants in different cities. Guess what he is dring... will you believe that if he drives 99 Ford Expedition? and old BMW 525i.

Remember Petie, there are many people out there how to save money and drive Ford, even though they can "easily" afford Ferrari or Rolls Royce.

In my opinion, I don't think there are many people who are really rich enough to drive MBZ. People who make at least a half million dollar a year wouldn't have any time to spend in here and giggling with other members.
i agree with you completely, i was just curious because i figure that someone smart enough to make that amount of money has a very logical reason for owning a 3 year old used car, i just wanted his reasoning, it was based solely on curiosity.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:49 PM

i wont disclose any information that leads to revealing my business or identity, that would be stupid on my part and not worth "showing off". Sorry petie, but red calipers at age 19 aint too bad
Old 01-23-2003, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
i wont disclose any information that leads to revealing my business or identity, that would be stupid on my part and not worth "showing off". Sorry petie, but red calipers at age 19 aint too bad
wait so you sell things online, but cant tell people over the internet what you sell? weird....

i dont know what you mean at all by the last sentence, but it doesnt matter, ive wasted enough of my time on this....
Old 01-24-2003, 12:34 AM

MetroCard
Its obvious apricotscrub is some 14 or 15 yr old kid
Old 01-24-2003, 02:37 AM

lol some people are just head cases
Old 01-24-2003, 12:34 PM

300E
I dont understand why apricot doesn't want us to know the website. Just think about this, If we know what he is selling, and we are interested, maybe he will gain another 10 or 20 customer which he said he could earn a $100 per individual customer. c'mon...., free promotion? who doesn't want that? I am a student and have C320 and S500, All are gifts from my dad. I admit that with proud. But if I could just purchase a CLK with my own hard work money, I will be very happy and proud of myself. NOTHING TO HIDE.
Old 01-24-2003, 04:33 PM

ur dad gave u a W220 s500?? thats not like a second-hand hand me down car for a son to drive, wow what cars ur dad has for himself
Old 01-24-2003, 04:53 PM

E320
Re: To; Petie

That's a false statement. People who make massive amounts of money DO have the time to do AS THEY PLEASE. I sit in my office all day and devote AS MUCH TIME AS I PLEASE to doing WHATEVER I PLEASE. Don't get me wrong, I do bust my *** when needed, I estimate that my income is $30,000 a week working in TV/Film. When I want to relax, for example by reading and posting on this forum for example, I do just that.

Old 01-24-2003, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
ur dad gave u a W220 s500?? thats not like a second-hand hand me down car for a son to drive, wow what cars ur dad has for himself
you speak of the S500 like it is a Bentley dude, my father could have very easily handed me down a CL600, but he didnt because that would have been stupid. My dad bought be a car, but i can assure you it sure as hell wasnt a Mercedes. I didnt do anything to earn a Mercedes. A friend of mine drives a F355 Spyder F1. anything can be a hand-me-down car, its all relative to how spoiled the father wants the child to be.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:19 PM

Re: Re: To; Petie

Originally posted by Stevo
That's a false statement. People who make massive amounts of money DO have the time to do AS THEY PLEASE. I sit in my office all day and devote AS MUCH TIME AS I PLEASE to doing WHATEVER I PLEASE. Don't get me wrong, I do bust my *** when needed, I estimate that my income is $30,000 a week working in TV/Film. When I want to relax, for example by reading and posting on this forum for example, I do just that.
do you usually say out loud about your actual income? Good that you are making that much money... but people who makes a real money (big $$ like you Stevo) usually don't tell about their incomes. Not that they have something to hide, but they know that they don't need to tell that kind of stuffs to people who you have never met before.

But, Stevo, you seems like you are making a lot of $$, by looking at your house and nice cars. Just my thought that you don't have to tell someone about your income.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:23 PM

E320
Spoiled? WTF does "spoiled" mean. Anyone who tells you that you're spoiled is just a jealous punk. Why wouldn't a father want his son or daughter to drive a reliable and extremely safe car. I'm good friends with the Greenbergs, the creators/owners of SKECHERS footwear. Robert, the CEO/founder gave his four sons and one daughter 2,000,000 shares of stock each. Each individual share is worth around $10....do the math. When I have kids, God willing, I'll give them everything. Giving a son or daughter materialstic things has no bearing on their morals, ambition, or personality. Those traits should be instilled in them by the parents, regardless of wether they're getting a "hand me down" Honda or Ferrari. My two cents......SK

Originally posted by Petie
you speak of the S500 like it is a Bentley dude, my father could have very easily handed me down a CL600, but he didnt because that would have been stupid. My dad bought be a car, but i can assure you it sure as hell wasnt a Mercedes. I didnt do anything to earn a Mercedes. A friend of mine drives a F355 Spyder F1. anything can be a hand-me-down car, its all relative to how spoiled the father wants the child to be.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:29 PM

E320
Re: Re: Re: To; Petie

do you usually say out loud about your actual income? Good that you are making that much money... but people who makes a real money (big $$ like you Stevo) usually don't tell about their incomes. Not that they have something to hide, but they know that they don't need to tell that kind of stuffs to people who you have never met before.

But, Stevo, you seems like you are making a lot of $$, by looking at your house and nice cars. Just my thought that you don't have to tell someone about your income.
Whatever, take it as you wish. I'm not trying to brag. I was just making a point that individuals with a high income usually have MORE freedom to do as they please, as oppossed to blue collar people busting their asses everyday for peanuts. The fact that my main duty is to delegate to my employees gives me the opportunity to focus on other things, such as family and entertainment.......after all I AM GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS SUNDAY!!!! GO BUCS!
Old 01-24-2003, 05:42 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: To; Petie

Whatever, take it as you wish. I'm not trying to brag. I was just making a point that individuals with a high income usually have MORE freedom to do as they please, as oppossed to blue collar people busting their asses everyday for peanuts. The fact that my main duty is to delegate to my employees gives me the opportunity to focus on other things, such as family and entertainment.......after all I AM GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL THIS SUNDAY!!!! GO BUCS!
HIGH INCOME = MORE FREEDOM ??
hmm.. good news, but don't believe it. Maybe, that is your case or yourself.

My view.. is
HIGH INCOME = LESS FREEDOM
unless I own millions of dollars stock holding on it OR I own a lot of property, real estate, and those kind of stuffs.

Maybe after I work hard for 30 years and at the age of 50 or over, I can rest and enjoy my last 20-30 years. My goal is to make $100 million (only a dream & a goal) until the age of 50. Then, I can have some lap of luxury for next 20-30 years w/o working.

I like your job, Stevo. Making high $$ and have freedom at the same time is also my goal. But, remember, how many people in U.S. you think they make high income + freedom?

I am an ECON major in Univ. of Calif. at Irvine. Less than 2% (exactly 1.8%) of U.S. population make over $100,000 a year. Yes, A YEAR!!! and the rest 98.2% are below that income. And you are talking about high income + have freedom. There is no data or any information to back up my thought, but assuming about less than 0.1%

I am proud of you that you are one of 0.1%
Old 01-24-2003, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
lets put it this way, my dad owns his own business, and he has never missed a single one of my baseball or football games because of work. when you are successful and own your own business, you make your own rules, its a perk, worth enjoying....

everyone controls their own future, period. yes, luck always factors in, but hard work can make up for a lot of bad luck. regardless, if someone wants to work their *** off so that when they are a bit older they can be idle when they want, there is nothing stopping them. i can promise you my dad didnt sleep in when he was 28. but he does now.

oh and giving your kids material things doesnt spoil them? really? and you dont have kids? wow, im still essentially a kid and know enough that there is NO truth to that statement. yes you can give a kid things and not have the kid ACT spoiled, but the fact of the matter is that the kid IS spoiled, period. whether the kid is a brat or not, that is under the control of the parents, but when you spoil a kid with material things, the kid will learn to expect more. its human nature, there is no way around it. Youre successful, would you be happy with 1 crappy car and a small house? no, you wouldnt, because you have spoiled yourself (which is a good thing, more power to you). my only point is that with acceptance of things comes an expectance for things. just my opinion, feel free to disagree, but dont think im telling you you are wrong, just giving my opinion, sometimes i have an aggressive way of doing it
Old 01-24-2003, 07:01 PM

E320
Originally posted by Petie
lets put it this way, my dad owns his own business, and he has never missed a single one of my baseball or football games because of work. when you are successful and own your own business, you make your own rules, its a perk, worth enjoying....

everyone controls their own future, period. yes, luck always factors in, but hard work can make up for a lot of bad luck. regardless, if someone wants to work their *** off so that when they are a bit older they can be idle when they want, there is nothing stopping them. i can promise you my dad didnt sleep in when he was 28. but he does now.

oh and giving your kids material things doesnt spoil them? really? and you dont have kids? wow, im still essentially a kid and know enough that there is NO truth to that statement. yes you can give a kid things and not have the kid ACT spoiled, but the fact of the matter is that the kid IS spoiled, period. whether the kid is a brat or not, that is under the control of the parents, but when you spoil a kid with material things, the kid will learn to expect more. its human nature, there is no way around it. Youre successful, would you be happy with 1 crappy car and a small house? no, you wouldnt, because you have spoiled yourself (which is a good thing, more power to you). my only point is that with acceptance of things comes an expectance for things. just my opinion, feel free to disagree, but dont think im telling you you are wrong, just giving my opinion, sometimes i have an aggressive way of doing it
Good point Petie...well taken. Also, I really am happy at the fact that we can have a discussion and agree to disagree on this forum without flaming anyone. You guys are all good in my book. And the best of luck to all of you in the future. Hopefully we'll be chatting on the Ferrari forums soon....
Old 01-24-2003, 07:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Good point Petie...well taken. Also, I really am happy at the fact that we can have a discussion and agree to disagree on this forum without flaming anyone. You guys are all good in my book. And the best of luck to all of you in the future. Hopefully we'll be chatting on the Ferrari forums soon....
Ferrari......psh.....thats for posers and people that think they are rich.......haha......

i hope to see yall in the Aston Martin forums, as i WILL own a Vanquish, even if i have to live in it......
Old 01-24-2003, 07:29 PM

Stevo, lets get a TV deal together.
Old 01-24-2003, 07:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
are you gonna tell people what you sell in your TV deal? (im assuming commercials)
Old 01-24-2003, 08:08 PM

E320
sure, what are you bringing to the table? Tune in and watch the latest shows we put together...."the Bachelorette"....and "High School Reunion"....and get ready for the "Bachelor 3". I am the reality tv *****....but that's a good thing...i think.
Old 01-24-2003, 11:24 PM

E55
There are many valid points here. From a different perspective, I make a nearly seven figure annual income, but I have to bust my *** for long hours, and work many evenings as well as weekends. You can bet that every other moment I devote to my wife and ten month old.

I am close friends with several attorneys that earn well over 2 million a year and they also bust their humps to stay at the top of their game.

I am sure that to many americans my kids will seem spoiled, but no, they will not be driving Ferrari's or Porsches. They will know what kind of effort and sacrifices have been made to enjoy the kind of lifestyle they are raised in and that it is not automatic.

cheers!

Phil

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What do you do for a living?