CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

What do you do for a living?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1998 cl 600
I think Warren Buffett (the multi-billionaire investor) put it best when he said, "Give your children enough so that they can do anything, but not so much that they can do nothing."

I agree with Stevo that the biggest difference that financial success brings is freedom. You can choose to bust your butt to maximize your income as some folks have pointed out, or strike more of a balance like Stevo, and I, have chosen to do. To me time with my family and friends is worth more than a few more bucks.

On the new/used debate.... I can afford a new Benz, but chose used. Got a 4 year old car with 34K miles on it for roughly $100K less than it sold for new. Just because you have the $ doesn't mean you don't want to spend it wisely.

Z
Old 01-25-2003, 12:01 AM

1998 cl 600
Stevo,

Maybe you should consider a "reality" show on ApricotScrub. The basic plotline would look something like:

Daddy gives junior SLK for 16th birthday in color to match silver spoon still in his mouth.

Junior, not appreciating value of a hard earnned dollar (because he didn't earn it) rolls and totals car. Posts pictures as if this is something to be proud of.

Daddy uses this as excuse to get new car himself and gives Junior hand-me-down S.

Junior fantasizes in own head, and on public MBWorld forums, that he actually earned money for car. Can't imagine actually working for living so fabricates 3 hour a day internet entrepreneur story, barely believable in 1999 let alone '03.

When bluff called, multiple times by several members, Junior provides only elusive responses and poseur attitude.

Show wraps with Junior contemplating whether he should:

1) come clean with group (either providing info to support the veracity of his story or admitting to fabrication) so he can move forward with integrity and honor,

or 2) crawl back under rock from whence he came.

What do ya think - hit show?

Z
Old 01-25-2003, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
Originally posted by zindallas
Stevo,

Maybe you should consider a "reality" show on ApricotScrub. The basic plotline would look something like:

Daddy gives junior SLK for 16th birthday in color to match silver spoon still in his mouth.

Junior, not appreciating value of a hard earnned dollar (because he didn't earn it) rolls and totals car. Posts pictures as if this is something to be proud of.

Daddy uses this as excuse to get new car himself and gives Junior hand-me-down S.

Junior fantasizes in own head, and on public MBWorld forums, that he actually earned money for car. Can't imagine actually working for living so fabricates 3 hour a day internet entrepreneur story, barely believable in 1999 let alone '03.

When bluff called, multiple times by several members, Junior provides only elusive responses and poseur attitude.

1) come clean with group (either providing info to support the veracity of his story or admitting to fabrication) so he can move forward with integrity and honor,

Z
id watch it..... (good one zindallas )
Old 01-25-2003, 03:41 PM

Originally posted by Stevo
sure, what are you bringing to the table? Tune in and watch the latest shows we put together...."the Bachelorette"....and "High School Reunion"....and get ready for the "Bachelor 3". I am the reality tv *****....but that's a good thing...i think.
Stevo,

For the love of God stop making those shows!!!

Actually I can imagine just how high the ratings are judging by how tv-tarded Americans are these days so I doubt that those types of shows will stop any time soon.

Do you mind if I ask you what you do in particular, how you worked your way up there, and how old you are?
Old 01-25-2003, 03:41 PM

double post cause i'm cool like that.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:43 PM

MetroCard
Originally posted by apricotscrub
I have my own business online. I make mid 6 figures and have the W220 S430. I am 18, almost ready to graduate from my high school.
Wow, almost ready to graduate from high school Damn man you are going places Straight to a community college :p
Old 01-25-2003, 03:46 PM

MetroCard
Re: Re: To; Petie

Originally posted by Stevo
That's a false statement. People who make massive amounts of money DO have the time to do AS THEY PLEASE. I sit in my office all day and devote AS MUCH TIME AS I PLEASE to doing WHATEVER I PLEASE. Don't get me wrong, I do bust my *** when needed, I estimate that my income is $30,000 a week working in TV/Film. When I want to relax, for example by reading and posting on this forum for example, I do just that.
30k a week eh....then why do you still live at home? And stop passing off your families cars as all belonging to you
Old 01-25-2003, 05:49 PM

Originally posted by zindallas
Stevo,

Z
I'd watch it too I think. Anyone live around the CT area?
Old 01-25-2003, 06:03 PM

190 2.3 and C320
Most people love to do what they are good at. Find out what you are good at and parlay that into a career. If you are a good speaker, become a radio journalist. If you are a good writer become a print journalist. If you love to debate, become a lawyer. If you are good at math, become an accountant/actuary. If you are good at math and like to build things, become an engineer or architect.

Most people who make a lot of money become rich because they bring passion, enthusiasm and creativity to their chosen endeavor. They also work hard. There is no such thing as "easy street." The easiest way to fail is to look for the cushy job or the quick score.