CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Another what happened thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Another what happened thread

What happened to everyone who used to post in this forum?

Jay, Ali and devil were here just a few months ago but they seemed to have stopped posting or migrated to other forums.

Other than myself, I still see Onelightmind, Jud Chapin, Apdesign and just a few others as active current members.

What happened to everyone else? I know there were a couple of Mikes here who were really helpful. The names OC Kid and David M/// also ring a bell from the older threads.

Have these gentlemen graduated to newer Mercedes? Or are there simply too little things that we can all discuss about our CLs?

Where's everyone?

Jon
Old 04-09-2008, 02:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Jon...the CL forum have been pretty dead for a long time. No much things out there to modify up the CL. I research my butt off for aftermarket parts to further take the CL to another level but it doesn't go any further. Plus not many younger guys like us drives the CL so it is harder to see activity on this forum compared to the C-Class. I wished there were a lot more involve.

Does anybody know what ever happen to the status of the front add-on apron that was suppose to be made for our CL.

Last edited by apdesign; 04-09-2008 at 03:01 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
While this is a pretty slow moving Forum, it has more activity than the two other CL500 forums of which I'm a member. I'm also a member of a Corvette forum and the activity appears to be slowing there also.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cl 600
i recently sold my 600 to a freind,but still check the board at least once a day. i belive the 215 to be one of the best designs of m.b.it would be nice if companys like lorinser would update there body kits for the previous models.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:49 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by apdesign
Jon...the CL forum have been pretty dead for a long time. No much things out there to modify up the CL. I research my butt off for aftermarket parts to further take the CL to another level but it doesn't go any further. Plus not many younger guys like us drives the CL so it is harder to see activity on this forum compared to the C-Class. I wished there were a lot more involve.

Does anybody know what ever happen to the status of the front add-on apron that was suppose to be made for our CL.
Hey guys I'm still around just really busy. I've been out of the country for the past few weeks and the CL's been in the garage. Update on the carbon fiber front lip...Neal hasn't forgotten about us but he has to finish up the work on an S550 and SLK. Our project is next on deck. I will keep ya'll posted.
Old 04-12-2008, 10:29 AM

CL600 Sport
Hello Jon,
I still check back from time to time. I just haven't had much to contribute lately. But I appreciate the thought
Old 04-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Banned

02 S500 Sport
Ali was banned
Old 04-17-2008, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL500
i used to be pretty active on mbworld when i had my w208 and w202 back in the day but ever since i got the w215 i never come on here cause these boards are DEAD and the same topics keep coming up
Old 04-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
SL65 AMG
Yeah, it's been a while for me too. I check back now and again. Funny though, I sign on for the frst time in a year or so, and it's 2 days before a huge local get together here on LI at Roosevelt Field. I know where I'll be on Saturday morning.

Topics of interest to me are 1.) a SIMPLE way to add bass to the stock audio, 2.) iPod integration, 3.) chipping with RennTech versus other brands - real world experienced feedback.

On #3, now that I've had my cars for some years, and it's the obvious choice to keep it given the resale value plunge, I'm thinking the best way to have fun with it is to chip it.

-V
Old 04-21-2008, 09:59 PM

Hey Jon,

I'm around.. Just a bit busy lately & not much to contribute, but I check in periodically. Hope all is well..
Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM

Mercedes CL500
deviil,

It's good to see you again counsel.

Do you still have your CL?

Please come by and check in whenever you have time.

Jon

Originally Posted by deviilsadvocate
Hey Jon,

I'm around.. Just a bit busy lately & not much to contribute, but I check in periodically. Hope all is well..
Old 04-21-2008, 10:09 PM

Hey Jon,

I sold the CL about 3 weeks ago. I'm actually looking into getting another one pretty soon.. 03+ AMG (so i can get the carbon fiber front spoiler like you're gonna get ). Just hard to come across a good white one with gray interior.

I'll check in more often. Glad all is well.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:18 PM

Mercedes CL500
That's wonderful,

I am sure you'll be very please with your new acquisition.

Coincidentally, there was a low mileage 04' white/charcoal CL55 for sale just a few weeks ago. I believe this gentleman is also from the East Coast.
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w215...fect-sale.html

Good luck and please make your presence known whenever possible.

Jon

Hey Jon,

I sold the CL about 3 weeks ago. I'm actually looking into getting another one pretty soon.. 03+ AMG (so i can get the carbon fiber front spoiler like you're gonna get ). Just hard to come across a good white one with gray interior.

I'll check in more often. Glad all is well.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 PM

Will do.. Thanks for the heads up Jon, it's greatly appreciated. I'll definitely pop in more often. Any new pics of your car? Any new mods? Would love to see.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:36 PM

Mercedes CL500
You're welcome!

Yes. I've recently converted my standard front bumper into the 03+ AMG front bumper w/ front clear bumper sidemarkers. I think they look quite nice compare to the standard unit. I can't wait for the front carbon fiber spoiler to come out.

I actually posted some new pictures of the car in the picture section. LOL.... my stubbornness to stick with the V8 kompressor badges on my car caused a huge friendly/unfriendly debate with some members. It's rather silly, really. Now that I think of it, the good old posts from you in the past are actually pretty kind in comparison.

Jon

Will do.. Thanks for the heads up Jon, it's greatly appreciated. I'll definitely pop in more often. Any new pics of your car? Any new mods? Would love to see.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 AM

s65
Yep, I'm here too. Been super busy lately. Any one of you guys in the software industry?? I am rolling a software company into a public shell via convertible (preferred stock) note. Developed with the Army and NSA, passed NSA s.p.o.c.k. program.... Supposedly makes all antivirus software and spyware obsolete. It is also CA smart certified. It automates almost every facet of IT management. It self repairs unauthorized changes...if they happen, and is the most advanced data recording/information tracking software available. One of the products is designed to do all this in one. One is stripped down and optimizes video game performance by 40% + and will be tailored to do this for photoshop or other movie/photo editing software. Yet another automated the information tracking between upper and middle management for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance in public companies. All the software is super stealth. Anyway... should be a fun journey bringing this stuff to market. Who here has experience in software, OR others who could be of assistance....