Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes!
Help

Hey everyone,

Got another problem...

02 CL6 has been idling while at a stop and lags full power to accelerate. Went to the stealer and they said it was a coilpack/cylinder misfire--estmate @ $2600 with labor included. Does that sound about right? Could it be anything else causing the idle for which the ecu isn't detecting. Just want to take a precaution for the future. Any input is always appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I did use the search function, but didn't see anyone with a CL posting about the problem.
Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes E63 S, Boring SUV, 2015 CLS63 AMR Stage 1 (traded), 2015 Audi S8 w/ APR stage 2 (sold)
Yes, that does sound right. I had the same thing happen to me and it was the Coil packs. My car was under the original warranty, so it was covered. The guy told me that it would have cost me about $2000 for just the parts.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:40 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CoupeLeicht600
Hey everyone,

Got another problem...

02 CL6 has been idling while at a stop and lags full power to accelerate. Went to the stealer and they said it was a coilpack/cylinder misfire--estmate @ $2600 with labor included. Does that sound about right? Could it be anything else causing the idle for which the ecu isn't detecting. Just want to take a precaution for the future. Any input is always appreciated. Thanks.

BTW, I did use the search function, but didn't see anyone with a CL posting about the problem.
Look at shanusanus's thread...he had the same problems and it was the coil-pack.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:41 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CoupeLeicht600
Hey everyone,

Got another problem...

Look at:https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/244544-just-update-general.html
They had the same problem and it was the coil-pack.