CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Drive-By on the CL?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-16-2008, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Yeah you are one, and it's just an understatement. I guess he deserved to die for posing.

For your information it could have been an older CL55.

You wouldn't have been an *** to make comments about just posers but saying things like this about victims is just plain wrong.

Jon
Jon:

He was joking....calm down.

Tom
Old 10-16-2008, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500
what state did this happen in
Old 10-17-2008, 12:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever there's gas in...
Originally Posted by W211 BEAST
Well that ends it... I'm an a$$hole.

But out of curiosity... How can you tell?
DEFINITELY posing.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:14 AM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Ok, I've been in law enforcement for over 15 years, 8 as a city cop and 7 as a Marshal. Please don't tell me what you "think" you know or what a cop mightve told you. Back in the 90's the blue line sticker was an unknown to the public but officers used it as a designator for other cops. It was placed on the rear window glass or bumper to let other cops know that a cop was driving or his family. The sticker became known by the public and outsiders started mass producing the sticker. You could only get the sticker at gun shops or cop supply stores by showing your credentials. This is FACT. You can get them on Ebay now. Its no cop secret anymore. FYI, I regester my vehicles just like you, neither DMV or other cops know I own it until they ask to see my registration and DL and I say, "hey, I'm a cop." Otherwise, they wouldn't know. And the guy in that car, cop or not, was no victim. All that firepower wasn't wasted on an innocent victim...he did something wrong to get that kind of payback. Just my .02
Old 10-18-2008, 01:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mercedes CL500
Jay,

I am not sure whether or not you're trying to address to my statements.

If you were then as I stated the rules vary from states to states. You could vary well come from a place where cops love using blue stickers. Other than district attorneys/state and fed department prosecutors, I don't have any friend who's a cop (they probably don't want to be my friends anyway) and all I can go by is a simple statement that a cop here once told me. He literally told me this statement in plain English. And that is a fact.

My opinions were addressed from the views from those of whom I know as "law enforcement officers". They are not regular cops but federal prosecutors and state prison officials. Who knows? Even cops don't agree with prosecutors and judges sometimes.

I disagree with the way you commented on the driver of the car. As a cop, you should know better that when you it's time for you to write that police report, absent additional facts to substantiate otherwise, the proper term to address that driver is "Victim". And the proper way to address the shooter is "Suspect". Who cares if he's innocent or done something in the past to deserve this? It's the judge and jurors' jobs to determine this.

Rest assured it's not my intention to step on your toe and infer what you have on your mind. Cops protect the public's safety and in a way, I would feel terrible if the driver of that Mercedes were indeed, a cop.

Jon

Originally Posted by Jay9722
Ok, I've been in law enforcement for over 15 years, 8 as a city cop and 7 as a Marshal. Please don't tell me what you "think" you know or what a cop mightve told you. Back in the 90's the blue line sticker was an unknown to the public but officers used it as a designator for other cops. It was placed on the rear window glass or bumper to let other cops know that a cop was driving or his family. The sticker became known by the public and outsiders started mass producing the sticker. You could only get the sticker at gun shops or cop supply stores by showing your credentials. This is FACT. You can get them on Ebay now. Its no cop secret anymore. FYI, I regester my vehicles just like you, neither DMV or other cops know I own it until they ask to see my registration and DL and I say, "hey, I'm a cop." Otherwise, they wouldn't know. And the guy in that car, cop or not, was no victim. All that firepower wasn't wasted on an innocent victim...he did something wrong to get that kind of payback. Just my .02

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 10-18-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:55 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

4 wheeled car.
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
lol
Old 10-18-2008, 03:25 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Originally Posted by The Godfather
lol

Sorry about that one. I was trying to reply using my Blackberry before the plane took off, couldn't do it.
Anyway, I wasn't responding to anyone in particular in the above, just the group as a whole. I was a cop in South Carolina and Blue Line was well known. We all knew it to mean that a cop was in the car, owned it, or was a family member.
I am now in the Washington DC area, Northern Virginia specifically, and Blue Line stickers are known to be placed on cars, by cops, to indicate that a cop is in the car.
This applies to many agencies, not just city or state.
I don't know what other states do, or what it means in other states, but I'm pretty certain it's the same. I really don't think many cops would willingly tell a stranger what it means, if asked. I'm telling you guys this because it's a matter of discussion and it pays to be truthful.
And as far as being a cop and having to call the person involved in this a victim, and the shooter as a subject or suspect, that's BS. It didn't happen in my jurisdiction and it's not my report. How do you know this guy wasn't the perpetrator and the other car, or house, or individual was the victim. I can have an opinion without having to make it as a law enforcement officer. That picture has Karma written all over it!
So, to the guys who say it doen't mean what I said...what does it mean? Please elaborate.
Old 10-18-2008, 03:37 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Jon,
You are being irresponsible by assuming the driver of the car was the "victim." Let's be honest, you are trying to prove a point by indicating that I am making a decision based on a single picture, and assuming, or twisting the facts of what I see to prove a point. I am not. I am just giving you the facts about the "thin blue line sticker," not getting into an argument about how I should respect the "victim" and use proper terminology.
Life sucks sometimes, this guy's just sucked a little more than all of ours. Too bad, so sad, cop or not.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:39 PM

CL500
Jon,
You are being irresponsible by assuming the driver of the car was the "victim." Let's be honest, you are trying to prove a point by indicating that I am making a decision based on a single picture, and assuming, or twisting the facts of what I see to prove a point. I am not. I am just giving you the facts about the "thin blue line sticker," not getting into an argument about how I should respect the "victim" and use proper terminology.
Life sucks sometimes, this guy's just sucked a little more than all of ours. Too bad, so sad, cop or not.
maybe the guy never died. and if he did, then i would say that its better to die in a CL then a Civic. What better way to die then in your favorite car? we r all gonna die one day.
Old 10-18-2008, 05:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
2009 SL550 Roadster Diamond White, 2008 CLK550 Coupe Obsidian Black
Originally Posted by Bo CL500
maybe the guy never died. and if he did, then i would say that its better to die in a CL then a Civic. What better way to die then in your favorite car? we r all gonna die one day.
Yes, that's why if I was to die in a car (God forbid), it would be in a Ferrari 430, Red, Tan interior, yellow brake calipers, HRE 597R wheels, and a tubi exhaust. Yeah it's pretty weird how I have all the details.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Mercedes CL500
Jay,

You're a cool cat. Let me put it this way. I was trying to prove a point. But it wasn't meant for you to begin with.

The truth is, I don't like the dipstick upstairs making comments about someone being shot at just for posing after seeing what's on the picture. Not to mention the fact that I personally wouldn't have cared to be imitated by others, as I don't suffer from exclusivity complex.

I also didn't understand why you initially stated how a cop would use the blue sticker or how it could have been a victim of scandal, and subsequently made completely different comments about how the driver did something bad to get this kind of payback. Did you mean that he posed to be shot at? Or did you mean he literally committed penal code or H&S code violations?

Obviously, absent additional facts there's also no way that we can tell if the person who drove this Mercedes was some scumbag or did something to deserve this.

Jon

Jon,
Old 10-19-2008, 04:34 PM

CL500
Jay,

You're a cool cat. Let me put it this way. I was trying to prove a point. But it wasn't meant for you to begin with.

The truth is, I don't like the dipstick upstairs making comments about someone being shot at just for posing after seeing what's on the picture. Not to mention the fact that I personally wouldn't have cared to be imitated by others, as I don't suffer from exclusivity complex.

I also didn't understand why you initially stated how a cop would use the blue sticker or how it could have been a victim of scandal, and subsequently made completely different comments about how the driver did something bad to get this kind of payback. Did you mean that he posed to be shot at? Or did you mean he literally committed penal code or H&S code violations?

Obviously, absent additional facts there's also no way that we can tell if the person who drove this Mercedes was some scumbag or did something to deserve this.

Jon

I agree with u Jon
Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 PM

Big and Heavy 03 CL
Jay,

Jon
Hey Jon,
Just to clarify, I was pointing out that the driver, or owner was possibly, or most probably a cop because of the "blue line" sticker. I explained what that sticker means to me, cops in my home state of South Carolina, and my current state, Virginia. So the driver could have been a cop. The car could have been a victim of "vandals," not "scandal," (as I originally wrote) or this was a bad cop who had a come to jesus meeting, or a good cop who...met his fate. As far as the poser comments are concerned I was stating a fact that, just like guys put AMG on non AMG cars, ordinary citizens put blue line stickers on cars that shouldn't have them.
And as far as this hit being payback...come on, the folks that did this probably had a serious case of motive, opportunity, and intent. This hit wasn't random in my opinion, so if my comments about this "victim" having a bad day and getting what was coming to him, I stand behind that. Is it a cold, heartless, less than cop-like opinion? Yup. Somebody made right a serious wrong by the brutal code they live by. Although, no poser deserves any physical retribution, just serious ridicule. I see your points and respect your point of view.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:14 PM

Mercedes CL500
Jay,

Just as I stated, you're a cool cat.

I think serious ridicules will pass the constitutional muster in this instance.

Jon

Hey Jon,
Just to clarify, I was pointing out that the driver, or owner was possibly, or most probably a cop because of the "blue line" sticker. I explained what that sticker means to me, cops in my home state of South Carolina, and my current state, Virginia. So the driver could have been a cop. The car could have been a victim of "vandals," not "scandal," (as I originally wrote) or this was a bad cop who had a come to jesus meeting, or a good cop who...met his fate. As far as the poser comments are concerned I was stating a fact that, just like guys put AMG on non AMG cars, ordinary citizens put blue line stickers on cars that shouldn't have them.
And as far as this hit being payback...come on, the folks that did this probably had a serious case of motive, opportunity, and intent. This hit wasn't random in my opinion, so if my comments about this "victim" having a bad day and getting what was coming to him, I stand behind that. Is it a cold, heartless, less than cop-like opinion? Yup. Somebody made right a serious wrong by the brutal code they live by. Although, no poser deserves any physical retribution, just serious ridicule. I see your points and respect your point of view.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Jay,

Just as I stated, you're a cool cat.

I think serious ridicules will pass the constitutional muster in this instance.

Jon

Jon is like the head lawyer for APLU (American Poser Liberties Union).. God forbid someone makes an off color comment about posers...Jon is there to defend the posers...

Tom
Old 10-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Mercedes CL500
Tom,

It's rather funny that my job and hobby actually got all wound up in this forum, only on MB World.

To clarify, I don't just defend the posers against the (AMG aka Angry Merc Gangstas) crowd. I'll even speak up for people with lambo doors, GTR rear wing, BMW ///M3 side vents, tin can mufflers, 24' chrome rims, spinning wheels, Burberry pattern interior, cut lowering springs, etc. as well. I don't necessarily agree with having these items on my car but remember, everyone's got rights to do whatever he/she wants with his/her cars and that person deserves at least a little amount of respect from others.

Jon

Originally Posted by TMC M5

Jon is like the head lawyer for APLU (American Poser Liberties Union).. God forbid someone makes an off color comment about posers...Jon is there to defend the posers...

Tom

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 10-19-2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'14 E63S & '14 Audi SQ5
Tom,

It's rather funny that my job and hobby actually got all wound up in this forum, only on MB World.

To clarify, I don't just defend the posers against the (AMG aka Angry Merc Gangstas) crowd. I'll even speak up for people with lambo doors, GTR rear wing, BMW ///M3 side vents, tin can mufflers, 24' chrome rims, spinning wheels, Burberry pattern interior, cut lowering springs, etc. as well. I don't necessarily agree with having these items on my car but remember, everyone's got rights to do whatever he/she wants with his/her cars and that person deserves at least a little amount of respect from others.

Jon

See...that is where you go wrong...everything else you said I would agree with. You and anyone else can do whatever theywant...but that does not entitle you to any respect from me or others....that usually needs to be earned...sorry.

Tom
Old 10-20-2008, 10:38 AM

Mercedes CL500
Not sure how or why you have this belief.

Certainly you'll hope for at least some respect from even people who disagree with you.

Not to mention that it would be awfully hard for me to teach my kids or any younger folks that at least they should "respect" their elders because I need to earn them.

I am just basing my day-to-day principles on the basis of Confucius' teaching (not that I don't believe in an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, either), that's all.

Jon

Originally Posted by TMC M5
See...that is where you go wrong...everything else you said I would agree with. You and anyone else can do whatever theywant...but that does not entitle you to any respect from me or others....that usually needs to be earned...sorry.

Tom
Old 11-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Almost a Member!

is a ///AMG badged CL500.
Originally Posted by gaazmon
Yes, that's why if I was to die in a car (God forbid), it would be in a Ferrari 430, Red, Tan interior, yellow brake calipers, HRE 597R wheels, and a tubi exhaust. Yeah it's pretty weird how I have all the details.
Crap. That's going to be some expensive coffin.