CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

CL Lift Points

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
CL Lift Points

When using a lift to raise the CL500, can anyone tell me where the lift points are? I believe they are where the rubber bumpers are on the frame, but am not sure.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by Jud Chapin
When using a lift to raise the CL500, can anyone tell me where the lift points are? I believe they are where the rubber bumpers are on the frame, but am not sure.

Correct. Right under the jacking points. You might need a smaller adapter though because the rubber mounts are indented a bit relative to the side sill.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ~CL500~
Correct. Right under the jacking points. You might need a smaller adapter though because the rubber mounts are indented a bit relative to the side sill.
Thanks...
Old 01-13-2009, 01:54 PM

E90 N54 & W251
Thanks...
NP.

What are you planning on doing? Trans fluid? Coolant? Tire rotation?
Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ~CL500~
NP.

What are you planning on doing? Trans fluid? Coolant? Tire rotation?
All of the above. I have a friend who has a lift in his garage (actually a hangar) and I think I'll take advantage of that. One other reason is that I have a rattle somewhere which I can't seem to locate. I have taken everything out of the trunk & the rattle is still there and have also had the car on stands looking for something loose but no luck. Now I want to remove all the under body panels and have a look. Something you said got my attention with your instructions on the ATF change regarding the ABC high pressure hose being under the panel which is to be removed to do the fluid swap. I had that hose replaced under warranty and am thinking perhaps it is not positioned properly and is hitting on something. Anyway, we'll see if we can find it. I don't know whether there is any chance it being a strut as they all seem tight.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:46 PM

E90 N54 & W251
All of the above. I have a friend who has a lift in his garage (actually a hangar) and I think I'll take advantage of that. One other reason is that I have a rattle somewhere which I can't seem to locate. I have taken everything out of the trunk & the rattle is still there and have also had the car on stands looking for something loose but no luck. Now I want to remove all the under body panels and have a look. Something you said got my attention with your instructions on the ATF change regarding the ABC high pressure hose being under the panel which is to be removed to do the fluid swap. I had that hose replaced under warranty and am thinking perhaps it is not positioned properly and is hitting on something. Anyway, we'll see if we can find it. I don't know whether there is any chance it being a strut as they all seem tight.

Yea, rattles are hard to find. Hopefully you'll find it with all the panels off. It could really be anything. Good luck.