CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Wheel Balancing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Wheel Balancing

Does anyone have trouble keeping their wheels balanced? Mine seem to last just a few thousand miles. I don't know whether I'm throwing weights or what. I always have them put the weights on the inside as I don't like the looks of them on the outer rim.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:49 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by Jud Chapin
Does anyone have trouble keeping their wheels balanced? Mine seem to last just a few thousand miles. I don't know whether I'm throwing weights or what. I always have them put the weights on the inside as I don't like the looks of them on the outer rim.
It's either you're loosing the weights or pot holes, which I doubt is an issue in your area. How are your tires and wheel alignment? I'm guessing you have some thumping symptoms while you drive which are usually attributed to balancing, but have you checked the alignment?
Old 01-14-2009, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by ~CL500~
It's either you're loosing the weights or pot holes, which I doubt is an issue in your area. How are your tires and wheel alignment? I'm guessing you have some thumping symptoms while you drive which are usually attributed to balancing, but have you checked the alignment?
Yes, the car has been aligned. When they balance these tires using weights only on the inside rim, they have to be glued on if they're like my Vette. I think they just do a crappy job and the weights come off, but I'll find out when I get my rear tires replaced. Thanx.