CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

abc issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl600
abc issues

Hi everyone my tech just called me and told me that he had replaced one of the high pressure lines that was leaking. He also filled the resovoir up wit fluid he said the car raised back up and then he notice that it was leaking again it he noticed that it was leaking from the pump. My question to anyone who might know is, is there a seal on the pump that can be replaced thanks!!!
Old 02-02-2009, 12:31 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by droc112
Hi everyone my tech just called me and told me that he had replaced one of the high pressure lines that was leaking. He also filled the resovoir up wit fluid he said the car raised back up and then he notice that it was leaking again it he noticed that it was leaking from the pump. My question to anyone who might know is, is there a seal on the pump that can be replaced thanks!!!

From the way this sounds, I have a hunch your tech hasn't worked on ABC much. Also I hope your tech has Star Diagnostics.

Regarding the pump leak, it's nearly impossible to tell without looking at it. Your tech should know if it's a hose connected to the pump that's leaking or the pump itself. Does the pump have a visible crack or is it leaking where the hose connects to the pump? That will determine if you need a new pump or just another hose. Good luck!
Old 02-02-2009, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl600
i just left the tech and i seen it myself the leak is coming from the power steering pump my guess is it has a crack. Now where it's leaking there is no hose near the leak. Now my next question is does the power steering pump take the same fluid as the abc pump?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:51 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by droc112
i just left the tech and i seen it myself the leak is coming from the power steering pump my guess is it has a crack. Now where it's leaking there is no hose near the leak. Now my next question is does the power steering pump take the same fluid as the abc pump?
The power steering and ABC pump is the same pump, therefore the high cost. (Tandem Pump) Consequently the fluid is the same, although you have two seperate filters and filler caps.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by calgary
The power steering and ABC pump is the same pump, therefore the high cost. (Tandem Pump) Consequently the fluid is the same, although you have two seperate filters and filler caps.
+1
If you've determined that the pump itself is leaking from a crack, you'll need a new pump. Just make sure you see where the fluid is coming from before you go ahead and change the pump. This is the first i've heard of a leaking pump due to a crack. Good luck!