CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

P/S fluid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl600
P/S fluid

does anyone know how many cans of pentosin it takes to fill up the hydrolic resovoir i have a 02 cl600? my driver side is sitting low but my passenger side is ok i already know that my pump is leaking but i wanna know if i feel up the resovor will my car raise up i need to get it towed to the dealer????
Old 03-10-2009, 11:46 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E90 N54 & W251
Originally Posted by droc112
does anyone know how many cans of pentosin it takes to fill up the hydrolic resovoir i have a 02 cl600? my driver side is sitting low but my passenger side is ok i already know that my pump is leaking but i wanna know if i feel up the resovor will my car raise up i need to get it towed to the dealer????
There are 2 reservoirs, one for the ABC and the other for the PS. They both go to the same pump (tandem pump) and are both the same fluid:

ABC Hydraulic Fluid (Pentosin CHF 11S) - Q 1 32 0001

When you pull the dipstick out for each, there is a level indicator for engine off and on. Make sure you're within those limits of each.

Regarding quantities, I would buy 1 can and go from there. You're not filling up the whole system, just the reservoirs. This fluid is close to $40 a can.

I highly recommend that you get the leak fixed. Topping off ABC fluid is no solution as the uneven dip may be from another problem. Good luck