CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

My 1st Benz - CL500 - WOW! Please give me tips...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 Coupe
My 1st Benz - CL500 - WOW! Please give me tips...

Okay, so after weeks of research and looking over so many cars I finally picked up a CL500 2002. What a car! Love it. It has the Sport Package, AMG wheels, Keyless Go..everything I could want. And a low 66k miles and sparkling condition. I love the brilliant silver and black interrior combo...real nice.

I want to ask some of the expereinced owners what oil you recommend? Also, do any of you use the ABC suspension feature? Ive yet to use it (had the car several days) and dont see why Id want to..car drives great without it...

What I always do when I buy a car for peace of mind is do a fluid change..oil and tranny. I do this just so I know its done and to gain peace of mind. Can I ask for some tips on which oil is best? I dont have service records but the car checked out CarFax and Autocheck great and the owner says it "had a 60k service" but I feel better just doing it anyways...

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM

CLK63 BS
What do you mean by use the ABC suspension feature? A lot of owners here use it to lower the car, including me. Do you mean to raise it? It helps to raise it in snow . I raise it for ramps and speed bumps, already ripped off my front bumper earlier this year lol.
Old 03-31-2009, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by ThePotent1
Okay, so after weeks of research and looking over so many cars I finally picked up a CL500 2002. What a car! Love it. It has the Sport Package, AMG wheels, Keyless Go..everything I could want. And a low 66k miles and sparkling condition. I love the brilliant silver and black interrior combo...real nice.

I want to ask some of the expereinced owners what oil you recommend? Also, do any of you use the ABC suspension feature? Ive yet to use it (had the car several days) and dont see why Id want to..car drives great without it...

What I always do when I buy a car for peace of mind is do a fluid change..oil and tranny. I do this just so I know its done and to gain peace of mind. Can I ask for some tips on which oil is best? I dont have service records but the car checked out CarFax and Autocheck great and the owner says it "had a 60k service" but I feel better just doing it anyways...

Thanks!
Did you get the owner's manuals with the car. These spell out the required oils. If not, perhaps you can contact the previous owner or your local stealer. Lots of luck with the car.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:35 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by Jud Chapin
Did you get the owner's manuals with the car. These spell out the required oils. If not, perhaps you can contact the previous owner or your local stealer. Lots of luck with the car.
i use synthetic Mobile1 0-40
Old 04-04-2009, 02:49 AM

2010 E350 Coupe
Thank You for the replies, What I mean with the ABC suspension is that you can press the ABC button and turn it on. I havnt done it, read the manual and know what its for, but wanted to know if others do use it (turn it on into SPORT mode).

I guess I wanted to see how others drive their CL's. Especially in regards to the suspension modes.

I read the manual thoroughly, oil is fine and looks clean too. The automatic oil level check feature is neat.

I love how it drives, but noticed it isnt as quiet in the cabin as S500'S Ive been in.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:43 PM

CL500
Originally Posted by ThePotent1
Thank You for the replies, What I mean with the ABC suspension is that you can press the ABC button and turn it on. I havnt done it, read the manual and know what its for, but wanted to know if others do use it (turn it on into SPORT mode).

I guess I wanted to see how others drive their CL's. Especially in regards to the suspension modes.

I read the manual thoroughly, oil is fine and looks clean too. The automatic oil level check feature is neat.

I love how it drives, but noticed it isnt as quiet in the cabin as S500'S Ive been in.

always on sport my friend
Old 04-04-2009, 01:15 PM

2004 CL55
Originally Posted by Bo CL500
always on sport my friend
ditto