what's w/ the pinstriping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2002, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
what's w/ the pinstriping?

i saw a black CL500 today w/ yellow/orange pinstriping and it was personalized w/ the person's initials. is this a feature???

actually, it comes up b/c there is a S500 in my lot w/ the same pinstriping (black car w/ yellow/orange/initials pinstriping).

i guess, my disdain for pinstriping is showing.
Old 01-28-2002, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Hey man,
Don't get me wrong, I like pinstripping as much as the next guy. On some cars it looks good and appropriate. But on my Mercedes I think I will keep it just the way it is, although I did see a Mercedes with a carbon fiber look pinstrip, actually looked good. But you won't see it on my car.
Old 01-28-2002, 04:27 PM
Out Of Control!

Pinstriping on a Benz?? Maybe the owner is a Pimp??
Old 01-30-2002, 06:57 AM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
S63 AMG Coupe 2020
To comment or not ?

I was told one day by somebody who I respect a lot that comments are welcome providing it adds value ! Having said that, to comment and say nothing but just another stupid answer does not deserve the board.

Some members have posted almost 1200 posts in less than 3 months to say anything but stupid thinks.

Is that value added, does it deserve the community ? I don't think so

Just my idea

Sorry for the broken english ! but in french it would be more easy for me to express some frustration regarding what I tried to explain above !!

Enjoy your Merc as i do !
Old 01-30-2002, 09:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
jame55, i think bernie just dissed you! (and probably me too! ) bernie is your nemesis.

here are some value laden (relatively) comments:

you may want to use babel fish if you're having any problems w/ translations although i think you did ok.

posting a smiley has meaning (hermeneutics) even if its just a "shared" feeling.

Last edited by young; 01-31-2002 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!

Re: To comment or not ?

Originally posted by BERNIE
I was told one day by somebody who I respect a lot that comments are welcome providing it adds value ! Having said that, to comment and say nothing but just another stupid answer does not deserve the board.

Some members have posted almost 1200 posts in less than 3 months to say anything but stupid thinks.

Is that value added, does it deserve the community ? I don't think so

Just my idea

Sorry for the broken english ! but in french it would be more easy for me to express some frustration regarding what I tried to explain above !!

Enjoy your Merc as i do !
To: Barney

Don't really understand why Barney here is hating when this is a community forum and that everybody's opion is welcome as long as it's not a negative comment. In this environment here we make jokes and certain criticism. Now from where you come from i don't know if you just didn't get enough breast milk from your mom or you got dropped when you were little or what but stop the hating!!
Old 01-30-2002, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK55, Mini S
I believe his name is "Bernie" not "Barney."

*There is not value attached to this message, material, spiritual or implied in any way. This is a useless comment. I am sorry if you feel cheapened by having to open this post and read it. Really, I do. I hope that some way, some day I will be able to compensate you for the 30 seconds you have wasted opening this post, reading it, and wondering why the fxck I wasted my time writing it.
:p
Old 01-30-2002, 11:43 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by young
are you using the term 'barney' as in the surfer lingo?

Actually Barney Rubble from the Flinestones. Just don't understand where his comment came from??? Sorry if i have offended him in any way or so...
Old 01-30-2002, 11:45 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by hmrdwn
I believe his name is "Bernie" not "Barney."

*There is not value attached to this message, material, spiritual or implied in any way. This is a useless comment. I am sorry if you feel cheapened by having to open this post and read it. Really, I do. I hope that some way, some day I will be able to compensate you for the 30 seconds you have wasted opening this post, reading it, and wondering why the fxck I wasted my time writing it.
:p
hey hmrdwn!

No problem here i think the problem is with the new guy.
Old 01-31-2002, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 CLK 55 AMG Coupe ;)
Bernie is from CH = Switzerland.

He has got impeccable taste and is simply against this Emmentaler schmeared on the sides of the Benzes.

Simply put:
Emmentaler belongs in the Fondue Pot!

ps:
I personally do not like pinstriping; however I saw some beautiful lines on Bentleys & Rolls.
Old 01-31-2002, 10:59 AM
Out Of Control!

Good one Karl! lol!!