CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

2004 cl500 problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 cl500
Lightbulb 2004 cl500 problems

ok.. I just bought a used 2004 cl500 from germany,it has 198000km and since I bought it i‘ve been having a lot of problems.
The car seems to be in perfect shape but the electronics are giving me a headake.After I purchesed the car I kept it in a garage for 4 mounths and i only used it 3 or 4 times beacause I had to travel much...when i got back i recharged the batery and went for a drive.The softclose wont work at all,the car makes an oufull noise when i turn the wheel,when i lower or rise the car.It always makes the same noise when i first start the engine....when its could.
AND NOW THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OFF ALL...when i’m driving after 4/5 km the car starts to "resets it self":"the navigation turns of,the spedometer and the rev indicator,the lights and all of the interior ilumination turns it self of for half a second,the seatbelts tightend them self up almoust choaking you and another thing ..the car wont change the gear properly...it does all of this things every 10/15 sec...
i didnt went to a service yet because i dont have much money to spend and I wanted to check whit you guis first....
As you realised I´m not so good at english..i´m spanish...so sorry
Old 07-08-2010, 05:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55, SL500, E350
How about checking your battery?
Old 07-08-2010, 05:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
CL600 2003
One thing I must warn you about, you seem to be hearing sounds from the ABC/Power steering pump, this is a tandem pump,If in any way you are low in ABC and/or power steering fluid you will kill the pump. Get this checked, the pump is very expensive!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL500 2004
pump questions .... I am going to be purchasing a 2004 CL500 w/27,000 miles

Since looking at all the questions w/hydraulic pumps, should I be concerned since this car I am going to purchase replaced the steering pump. I know one can't predict the future but is this an ongoing problem w/this model/year of the CL500??? Any help and input is most welcomed

Originally Posted by cassius r
ok.. I just bought a used 2004 cl500 from germany,it has 198000km and since I bought it i‘ve been having a lot of problems.
The car seems to be in perfect shape but the electronics are giving me a headake.After I purchesed the car I kept it in a garage for 4 mounths and i only used it 3 or 4 times beacause I had to travel much...when i got back i recharged the batery and went for a drive.The softclose wont work at all,the car makes an oufull noise when i turn the wheel,when i lower or rise the car.It always makes the same noise when i first start the engine....when its could.
AND NOW THE BIGGEST PROBLEM OFF ALL...when i’m driving after 4/5 km the car starts to "resets it self":"the navigation turns of,the spedometer and the rev indicator,the lights and all of the interior ilumination turns it self of for half a second,the seatbelts tightend them self up almoust choaking you and another thing ..the car wont change the gear properly...it does all of this things every 10/15 sec...
i didnt went to a service yet because i dont have much money to spend and I wanted to check whit you guis first....
As you realised I´m not so good at english..i´m spanish...so sorry
Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 PM

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
2001 Mercedes CL500 2006 E350 4-matic
Originally Posted by cccpoint
Since looking at all the questions w/hydraulic pumps, should I be concerned since this car I am going to purchase replaced the steering pump. I know one can't predict the future but is this an ongoing problem w/this model/year of the CL500??? Any help and input is most welcomed
If the power steering pump - which is also the ABC pump, has been replaced, you should be troublefree for a while, considering your car is a 2004 model.
However you should keep checking the ABC/Power Steering fluid. If the colour changes, remove one or two liters, and replace it with fresh oil together with filters and give it the RODEO ride.