CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Bose Speakers & Rear Window Not Working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 05:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
97 Lexus LS400, 04 Mustang, 08 Corvette Z51, 92 Honda Civic Si, 02 CL500, 03 E500
Bose Speakers & Rear Window Not Working

Hello everyone,
I've just bought an 02 CL500 black & ash gray interior. Absolutely love the look and ride quality of the car. I do have 2 problems I would like to fix and perhaps you can help me with:

1) Both speakers & tweeter from the passenger door not working. I've checked out the amp's output at the connector at the inside panel nearby the passenger's footrest and it's ok so I think the problem must be broken speaker wire(s)/harness somewhere after the mating connector through the rubber boot/sleeve (between the car & door) leading to the speakers. It would be hard for me to believe it's the speakers since none of them are working. Do you have a diagram of the door panel showing where all the screws & fasteners are?

2) Right rear window not working. I've checked out the switch at the driver side's panel and it's ok so I think it's the rear window regulator which I've heard a lot about. In order to remove the interior panel, I would assume the rear seats have to be removed, correct? Do you have a diagram and/or procedure showing how to remove/replace the regulator? Also what is the function of this regulator? Is it a plastic mechanical piece used to stop the window from going beyond the opening & closing positions? Is there aftermarket for the window regulator?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

John

Last edited by superfast; 05-26-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
97 Lexus LS400, 04 Mustang, 08 Corvette Z51, 92 Honda Civic Si, 02 CL500, 03 E500
I was able to fix the speaker issue by removing the door panel. Just as I'd thought, the problem was due to the speaker harness connectors not the speakers. These connectors are very very poorly made. The male pins & female sockets of the connector & mating connector, respectively only made contact at the tips instead of mating all the way in as they're supposed to be. As the pins & sockets corroded over time, there go your connection. Whoever designed these connectors should be fired immediately. As a designer, I would not approved this kind of cheap & poorly design. I cut & got rid of both connectors & hard wired the speakers. I will do the same to the other speaker connectors from the driver door when they're stop working. It's just a matter of time. Next stop, passenger rear window regulator.

John
Old 12-04-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CL500
How do you remove rear panel to access the window regulator?