CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

How to Remove Passenger Rear Interior Panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 06:41 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
97 Lexus LS400, 04 Mustang, 08 Corvette Z51, 92 Honda Civic Si, 02 CL500, 03 E500
How to Remove Passenger Rear Interior Panel

I need to get access to the passenger rear window regulator on my 02 CL500 (rear window not working). Can someone show me how to remove the rear interior panel? Thank you so much in advance.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 Ford Ranger
Per service information, if you need more detailed information on any step let me know.

1.1 Remove rear seat backrest (Only when side airbag is present in rear)
1.2 Remove rear seat cushion
2 Remove door sill molding (1)
3 Remove chrome plated molding (2)
4 Remove edge guard from door frame
5 Remove cover (4) from handle recess (5)
6 Unscrew screw (6) and remove handle recess (5)
7 Unscrew screws (7), 2 each
8 Unscrew bottom screw (8)
9 Unscrew nuts (9) (Only when side airbag is present in rear)
10 Remove side wall paneling (10)
11 Install in reverse order
Attached Thumbnails How to Remove Passenger Rear Interior Panel-untitled-2.jpg  
Old 02-23-2018, 01:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 CL500
Originally Posted by LoneWlf794
Per service information, if you need more detailed information on any step let me know.

1.1 Remove rear seat backrest (Only when side airbag is present in rear)
1.2 Remove rear seat cushion
2 Remove door sill molding (1)
3 Remove chrome plated molding (2)
4 Remove edge guard from door frame
5 Remove cover (4) from handle recess (5)
6 Unscrew screw (6) and remove handle recess (5)
7 Unscrew screws (7), 2 each
8 Unscrew bottom screw (8)
9 Unscrew nuts (9) (Only when side airbag is present in rear)
10 Remove side wall paneling (10)
11 Install in reverse order
Awesome write up, but each step (for a newbie like me) isn't detailed enough to understand the "how". It's always easy to ask others to do work, but if you could post a pic for each step number with your finger pointing at the area of "release" and the tool needed, I bet even I could tackle the fffd up window on my CL. Thanks for posting even if you don't have the time to expand. I love that folks on this site help others. These are really freaking cool cars, but stupid expensive (to repair at the dealer) and complicated. The help is appreciated more than you likely know. I'm down to RR window, intermittent ABC light (haven't seen it in a week), removing L side mirror glass and cleaning, replacing the trunk motor or whatever is failing, fixing the washer reservoir leak, and replacing the seals on both side mirrors. I do those things and I'll be driving a very, very sweet car!
Old 02-24-2018, 03:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 477 Likes on 423 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by firstCL500
Awesome write up, but each step (for a newbie like me) isn't detailed enough to understand the "how". It's always easy to ask others to do work, but if you could post a pic for each step number with your finger pointing at the area of "release" and the tool needed, I bet even I could tackle the fffd up window on my CL. Thanks for posting even if you don't have the time to expand. I love that folks on this site help others. These are really freaking cool cars, but stupid expensive (to repair at the dealer) and complicated. The help is appreciated more than you likely know. I'm down to RR window, intermittent ABC light (haven't seen it in a week), removing L side mirror glass and cleaning, replacing the trunk motor or whatever is failing, fixing the washer reservoir leak, and replacing the seals on both side mirrors. I do those things and I'll be driving a very, very sweet car!
this is a 4 year old thread , no info is gong to post a step by step pointing at parts as they disassemble their car for you . I hope you were joking

as for the intermittent abc light of it happens when driving over bumps it's your accumulators