CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Just Bought my 2000 CL500 SOmeOne HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 CL500
Just Bought my 2000 CL500 SOmeOne HELP!!!

Hi Everyone Im glad to join the team, I just bought a 2000 CL500. It runs strong feels great. BUT.... Whenever I come to a stoplight if im waiting for around 1min or more the car will slowly raise up automatically. The second I push the gas pedal and start to move it automaticly lowers quickly it seems fine like as if its normal but I dont think it is. Also if I put it in park and leave the car idiling it will do the same thing raise up a good amount very noticable and once i put it in drive and hit the gas it drops back to the previous hieght. The previous owner lowered it I've never spoken to them, I could just tell the car sits low. I keep both the LED lights turned on on the ABC suspension buttom cuz it feels better when im driving. I love the look on the lowest setting but hate the drive, its not as soft. Is that normal? Is it bad to drive a lowered CL500 on the highest raised point basicaly meaning both LED lights lid up on the ABC button? Someone told me it puts alot of wear on the suspension components can you guys tell me if this is true? Also what the the ABC SPORT button does I can't feel anything when I push it. And last, I need as much tips, advise, and things to do or not do as i could get. Oh yes my car has 130k and yes it did have the famous recall done for the abc.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
GL450
ABC sport button makes the car lean less on turns. You won't be able to notice a difference in firmness, it just stops body roll.

Do you have the raise function on? (button with two lights for the two raise stages)

It sounds like the previous owner lowered it with the STAR computer system, and didn't do it correctly. The car has different programmed heights for different speeds, and it sounds like this is messed up. Try to find out how it was lowered: links, STAR, or ELM module.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 cl500
My advice is to leave these cars rock stock. A lot of engineering went into this car. Lowering it can damage many things.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL55, SL500, E350
If you don't want to drive your car too low then reset the height to the stock height and turn those "two lights" off. Riding at the highest setting will put more pressure on the pump

You car could be lowered by (most common methods) lower links or star. Find out what it was and reverse it (would not be difficult).

Your car raise on its own sounds like the valve block issue. I would suggest flushing the abc fluid and go from there.

Update your profile, you'd get better help.