CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Stop Lamp - Visit Workshop...HELP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'04 E55 AMG
Stop Lamp - Visit Workshop...HELP!

Ok guys wanted to start by saying this is my first mercedes. I bought a 2003 mercedes CL500 on thursday. Well on Friday it decides to rain in san diego for once and when start the car on Saturday morning i get this error "STOP LAMP VISIT WORKSHOP" Also when this error came up my ABC light and raising the car button were flashing red. Then later on in the day when it dried off outside the error went away and the ABC light and everything were normal. I searched all over every forum for help. It seems like it's happened rarely to C-Class cars but didn't see any other cars. I guess from what the others are experience on their C class is that the rear tail light is getting condensation or wet during a car wash or rainy season. Or the rear SAM is getting wet or condensation.

Anyone else have this issue or know what might be up? I JUST found out what a SAM was today LOL so bear with me here. C class owners said their rear SAM is in the trunk but the only thing i see in the trunk for the 03 cl500 are the battery terminal, cd changer, and the 2 tail lights on either side. So i'd like to eliminate the SAM unless it really is getting wet. Maybe the tail lights are getting wet?? ANY input at this point would be great. Thanks again.