CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

video:02 cl500 with engine noise, lifters?? injectors??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 11:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 159 Likes on 138 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
video:02 cl500 with engine noise, lifters?? injectors??

heres a video of my 02 500 accelerating to 60 and then a look under the hood once parked

i don't remember this noise before an incident in which someone dumped sand and bleach into my gas tank. my mechanic seemed certain it would go away with oil changes but it has not, if anything it might have gotten slightly louder (could just be me). my mechanic also showed me that the oil that was in the car when i picked it up was thickened with some sort of motor honey (at the time i don't remember any kind of noise like this)

i have tried multiple oil changes with different viscosities and when that didn't due anything i tried marvel mystery oil, seafoam, and motor honey in the oil. also tried seafoam in the gas and some stp fuelsystem/injector cleaner here and there.

i've read that its not uncommon for these v8's to be kind of loud but it's kind of taking away from the appeal of the car its so loud. some people say it sounds like a diesel truck lol. i haven't noticed any loss of power really, she kicks just as hard as before the sand and bleach incident. any suggestions to quiet the sound, or fix it altogether?

car has 73k now, got it in february with 58k

Last edited by ctravis595; 09-17-2012 at 12:04 AM.