CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

using star diagnostic to disable abc warnings/other indication lamps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 04:24 PM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL-500
Forgive my trepidation, but that's a LOT of wires :-)

Do you mean unplug the innermost of the two modules? Remove both plugs or only one?

Old 11-29-2017, 04:31 PM

Received 794 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
yes, unplug both plugs on the left one
the right one is EPC if I remember well
those are plugs with a slide system
once you removed the two plugs on the left one check if it writes EPC
if not, you should have the correct one
Old 11-29-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 CL-500
It turns out it is the innermost one (right side in photo). The Part number matches as you said.

Unplugging it did NOT get rid of the WHITE ABC Warning. I guess it might get rid of the RED one, but pulling a couple simple fuses will do that as well (what I did).

However, it also gives ANOTHER WHITE Warning - ESP - Visit Workshop. Even after it's plugged back in, I still get that warning. Any hints on how to get rid of the new ESP warning?
Old 11-29-2017, 05:27 PM

Received 794 Likes on 617 Posts
CL
Originally Posted by smartadze
It turns out it is the innermost one (right side in photo). The Part number matches as you said.

Unplugging it did NOT get rid of the WHITE ABC Warning. I guess it might get rid of the RED one, but pulling a couple simple fuses will do that as well (what I did).

However, it also gives ANOTHER WHITE Warning - ESP - Visit Workshop. Even after it's plugged back in, I still get that warning. Any hints on how to get rid of the new ESP warning?
what I suspected
you just unplug your battery for 30 min

I have been working a lot on all the ABC stuff and was really suprised to see that just removing that ecu should do the job
Old 12-02-2017, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
maybe you dislodged one of the plugs on the ESP/ABS module in the process? My ESP functioned just as it should. I just test drove the car recently without the ABC module plugged in, Giving it some heavy throttle around a turn I got some tires chirping and then the ESP kicked on as it should. I don't understand why you'd get an ESP warning light when removing the ABC? I've never heard any issues between the two systems having any correlation

double check that the plugs are firmly in place and that you haven't dislodged any wires in the wiring harnesses