CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Need help with D2B cabling...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 05:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver MY03 CL500 w/AMG Sport Pkg
Need help with D2B cabling...

I was putting in the used parts I got for both phone and vcs in my 03 w215 CL500 and following the general installation instructions from the Phillips Phone site.

Don't get me wrong the instructions are phenomenal, but everything has a price. The instructions showing how to place the PSE and the VCS modules do not cover on how the devices are connected to the D2B ring. It does state to connect the angled D2B connector tot the modules, but where are those connectors? Are they from the current harness? If so, I haven't found them. Or are they assumed from a separate cable harness that I need to purchase? Again, if so how does it connect to the ring? Do you connect the PSE serially to the VCS or connect the current ring cable in between? Is it more than one harness or just one big harness. The instructions do not cover this.

Also as a bit of a tidbit, the part where you need to remove the inside quarter panel covering to get at the devices, the instructions say to remove a T-20 torn screw and one pop-clip; then push the panel forward so not to damage the panel and the other interior panels. Well that was not the case. What you really need to do is remove the T-20 screw and pop-clip as previously stated. But also remove the T-20 screw from the right-hand side closest to the back of the car on the floor. Then remove six square pop-clips from the liner that goes along the trunk base where the catch latch is located. Once this is removed, then *GENTLY* remove the quarter panel liner. Much easier and less chance of splitting the panels and other damage.

Anyway, if anyone has an idea on what I am missing please let me know as I don't believe I can finish this project without having the units on the ring.

- Henry
Old 04-11-2013, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 CL 500
Check with your local installer. They can sort this out quick. Fiber optics is pretty simple.